GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston - prepping for a massive move

+5
smash88
rooneypoo
Cronie
Jordo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Probably not much to be honest, but where there's smoke there's fire.

But sometimes it's just "smoke" coming out of random-internet-guy's Donkey -- in which case, instead of their being smoke where there's fire, there's just (bull)Dung where there's flatulence.

17Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Probably not much to be honest, but where there's smoke there's fire.

But sometimes it's just "smoke" coming out of random-internet-guy's Donkey -- in which case, instead of their being smoke where there's fire, there's just (bull)Dung where there's flatulence.

LOL. Yeah, that's one way to look at it.

I personally do NOT think it's BS. Chiarelli has admitted that he's looking to make a deal and the coming out party of David Krejci last year might allow him to move something that is league-wide considered a strong asset. If...Savard it willing to talk about waiving his NTC.

I can agree with his viewpoint, the time to take the East is now. The Sens don't have the team IMO, but Boston is one or two players away. It would completely depend on who they get back for Savard.

Don't be too quick to dismiss these rumours, they're coming from multiple sources. Some good, some bad, but nevertheless there's certainly talk.

One name I just heard was Savard for Bouwmeester which would hinge on Bouwmeester signing an extension. I don't mind that trade at all for either team.

18Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is Boston snags Bow, well, to quote Bill Paxton from Aliens: "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!"

19Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Is Boston snags Bow, well, to quote Bill Paxton from Aliens: "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!"

Yeah, they'd look pretty good.

I like that trade for both teams a lot actually.

20Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Is Boston snags Bow, well, to quote Bill Paxton from Aliens: "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!"
Not if they lose Savard. Savard is such a huge part of that team. The scorers point production will suffer immensly without Savard, that I assure you.

21Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:59 pm

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I personally do NOT think it's BS. Chiarelli has admitted that he's looking to make a deal and the coming out party of David Krejci last year might allow him to move something that is league-wide considered a strong asset. If...Savard it willing to talk about waiving his NTC.

I can agree with his viewpoint, the time to take the East is now. The Sens don't have the team IMO, but Boston is one or two players away. It would completely depend on who they get back for Savard.

Don't be too quick to dismiss these rumours, they're coming from multiple sources. Some good, some bad, but nevertheless there's certainly talk.

One name I just heard was Savard for Bouwmeester which would hinge on Bouwmeester signing an extension. I don't mind that trade at all for either team.

Martin needs a center. Bouwmeester may want out. Makes sense from Florida's perspective.

I am not sure where you get offense in Beantown though if you lose Savard. Is Kessel ready? Maybe Bergeron will bounce back, Ryder? Not sure here...

22Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Check it out:

I was reading on HFBoards that the Panthers have:

1.Boumeester
2.Ballard
3.McCabe
4.Boynton
5.Allen
6.Skrastins
7.Welch
8.Murphy

The OP had suggested the Sens trade Hennessy and a 3rd rounder for Murphy and a 4th rounder, to which I say: Deal!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6058&hubname=nhl-panthers

23Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 pm

jamvan wrote:
Not if they lose Savard. Savard is such a huge part of that team. The scorers point production will suffer immensly without Savard, that I assure you.

I concur. He is the most underrated center in the league. Solid, solid, solid scorer.

24Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I concur. He is the most underrated center in the league. Solid, solid, solid scorer.

(Passer), but yes, he's awesome.

25Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:04 pm

504Heater wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
jamvan wrote:

(Passer), but yes, he's awesome.

You know what I mean Wink

26Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:

You know what I mean Wink

It's true...I did know what you meant. 8)

27Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:05 pm

504Heater wrote:Check it out:

I was reading on HFBoards that the Panthers have:

1.Boumeester
2.Ballard
3.McCabe
4.Boynton
5.Allen
6.Skrastins
7.Welch
8.Murphy

The OP had suggested the Sens trade Hennessy and a 3rd rounder for Murphy and a 4th rounder, to which I say: Deal!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6058&hubname=nhl-panthers

Hennesey will never play more than a game or two here from what I see. His window will close this year. So if we can get something for him, I am down.

28Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:
jamvan wrote:

As before, I agree here. Go look at Boston's top 6 on the depth chart after Savard. With the possible exception of Bergeron (is he totally healthy?), none of those guys (Sturm, Ryder, Kobasew) are legitimate 1st line players. They've got lots of potential in Kracji, Lucic, and Kessel, granted, but I don't think you can expect them to carry the load yet.

Move Savard for D and that team will struggle to score goals even more than they did last year.

29Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

Yeah, they'd look pretty good.

I like that trade for both teams a lot actually.

They would look good but I wouldnt want him in Beantown. Bow would look better beside Big Rig.

30Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:48 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying it's BS for sure. All I'm saying is that, looking at the condition of BOS's top 6 and the recent signing of Wideman, I find it hard to believe that they'd want to ship out Savard for a D. I don't see the logic here, and that's primarily why I'm not placing a lot of faith in the rumour.

But stranger things have happened. And I admit that the Savard/Bouwmeester trade off does look right, at least from Florida's perspective -- although Savard is not signed long term, and that strikes me as a factor that could be a sticking point for FLA.

31Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Spector reports today the Chiarelli has denied that he's shopping Savard, and Spector himself thinks BOS trading Savard is highly unlikely for all the reasons I've listed above.

Whew. I thought I was missing something there for a while. Trust the old instincts!

From Spector:

BOSTON HERALD: Stephen Harris reports Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli denied a report in yesterday's Herald that top center Marc Savard might be traded. “We’re not looking to trade Marc Savard,” said Chiarelli, who didn’t rule out other deals. “There’s a chance. I’m looking to improve the team. I’ve had a couple of discussions, more than a couple.”

WEEI.COM: Joe Haggerty (under the "This Just In" segment) recently reported Chiarelli said there was a "better than fifty percent chance" that he could make a trade prior to the start of the NHL season on October 9th.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: It would be absurd for Chiarelli to move Savard, but it does appear that he could be making a trade in the coming days. He's seeking a top defenseman and has depth at forward he could try to parlay, but Savard won't be part of any deal, or Patrice Bergeron for that matter.

32Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Eklund's latest:

Savard to VAN for Bieksa, though he feels Bieksa alone may not be enough. Would be a good trade for Vancouver as they'd get some much needed offense for their franchise goalie.

Now if only they could deal the Sedin's...

33Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:05 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Nah, there's no way they are getting Bow, It just can't happen! Well it could, but I really don't want it too! :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum