GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaborick rejects massive deal

+15
TheAvatar
Jordo
Cronie
rooneypoo
Senatorsfan56
Acrobat
wprager
drive2thenet
smash88
dennycrane
PKC
Hayden
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

10 years 80 million rejected? What the hell is this? Disgusting.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_10673158?source=rss

He will absolutely be traded - and if you want betting times - before the December roster freeze.

2Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy crap.

Now that is AUDACITY.

Clearly he wants to get the hell outta there.

WOW! That is a lot of money being left on the table.

I'm shocked.

3Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Holy crap.

Now that is AUDACITY.

Clearly he wants to get the hell outta there.

WOW! That is a lot of money being left on the table.

I'm shocked.

Me too Shabbs. Seriously, I really don't get that. Someone just offered you a 10 year contract even though you're made of glass and you rejected it?

Fine, he'll be on a different team in 4 weeks IMO. Why would Minny want to keep a guy like that. Gonzo. Let the offers begin.

4Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Could you BE any more greedy! Or, is it just that he doesn't like it there? I wonder...

5Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

That's the benefit of being an elite player and free agency. If I was in his shoes and playing in Minny (a defensive system and not the most desirable city in North America) - I would do what was best for me.

I don't think this is about money - I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for less in the city of his choice.

6Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I expect them to trade him as soon as possible. Considering the fact he's made of a material of roughly the same durability as Hasek's groin, AND the fact that you can't trade an injured player, it only makes sense to move him ASAP.

7Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:56 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Do you think he wants to come here?? :D

8Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I could see Montreal or Edmonton making a BIG TIME pitch for this guy.

9Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:04 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Edmonton Please!! We don't need Montreal to get any better than they already are.

10Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:16 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Wild will hope Gaborik gets off to a hot start, then deal him. Make no mistake, Minnesota has deals lined up for him already.

11Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:The Wild will hope Gaborik gets off to a hot start, then deal him. Make no mistake, Minnesota has deals lined up for him already.

Yep.

12Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:The Wild will hope Gaborik gets off to a hot start, then deal him. Make no mistake, Minnesota has deals lined up for him already.

yeah I agree, but I think it's gonna take a pretty huge offer in order to get him... should be interesting!

13Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:yeah I agree, but I think it's gonna take a pretty huge offer in order to get him... should be interesting!
I don't think so. The fact that he turned down such a long and rich offer makes it clear he does not want to be there and will be gone when he becomes a UFA. It will be in their interests to move him quickly and get as much as they can.

14Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:57 pm

drive2thenet

drive2thenet
Prospect
Prospect

504Heater wrote:10 years 80 million rejected? What the hell is this? Disgusting.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_10673158?source=rss

He will absolutely be traded - and if you want betting times - before the December roster freeze.

The term is ridiculous. The money more so. But given the current economic climate, that $80M/10 year contract is going to look really good in a year. Minnesota is stupid to offer that. I can see the overall cap going DOWN for the next 2 years. The NHL has always been a gate-driven league, and with the economic meltdown in the US, I can't see how the current cap is going to go in any direction but DOWN.

15Gaborick rejects massive deal Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

drive2thenet wrote:
The term is ridiculous. The money more so. But given the current economic climate, that $80M/10 year contract is going to look really good in a year. Minnesota is stupid to offer that. I can see the overall cap going DOWN for the next 2 years. The NHL has always been a gate-driven league, and with the economic meltdown in the US, I can't see how the current cap is going to go in any direction but DOWN.

Going to look good for whom? Gaborik? Yeah, for darn sure.

The current economic downturn will not only drive the cap down immediately, but it will probably put a few teams out of business as in the medium-term.

The loonie is below 85 cents, that's a 15% drop from a short time ago. 15% of 30% of league revenues is 4.5% drop in revenue. Since the cap s 55% of revenue, that's an 8% drop in the cap. That's huge!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum