GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaborick rejects massive deal

+15
TheAvatar
Jordo
Cronie
rooneypoo
Senatorsfan56
Acrobat
wprager
drive2thenet
smash88
dennycrane
PKC
Hayden
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:53 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Minny needs to move fast if they want to maximize on his return though. If he gets hurt... they won't be able to do much and his value goes down. But if he goes on a rip and lights it up... his value goes up. Tough situation.

32Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Minny needs to move fast if they want to maximize on his return though. If he gets hurt... they won't be able to do much and his value goes down. But if he goes on a rip and lights it up... his value goes up. Tough situation.

Yeah, I would certainly drop the line in the water right now and see what kind of proposals I got. A Foligno, Winchester, Vermette trade wouldn't be awful for Minny, but I still have a feeling they deal for a D-man like Bouwmeester (how perfect is that for both sides?) or Kaberle (if he'll waive his NTC), then ship off one or two of their D like Johnsson or Schultz and perhaps a pick for a winger.

33Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:42 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:Minny needs to move fast if they want to maximize on his return though. If he gets hurt... they won't be able to do much and his value goes down. But if he goes on a rip and lights it up... his value goes up. Tough situation.

Yeah, I would certainly drop the line in the water right now and see what kind of proposals I got. A Foligno, Winchester, Vermette trade wouldn't be awful for Minny, but I still have a feeling they deal for a D-man like Bouwmeester (how perfect is that for both sides?) or Kaberle (if he'll waive his NTC), then ship off one or two of their D like Johnsson or Schultz and perhaps a pick for a winger.

They need scoring help. I can't possibly imagine them picking up more defensemen in a trade for Gaborik.

34Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:

They need scoring help. I can't possibly imagine them picking up more defensemen in a trade for Gaborik.

They'd just flip Skoula and/or Johnsson for offense.

35Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:46 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Spector was reporting yesterday that Gaborik is "reportedly" seeking a $10 mil / 10 yrs deal (!). If true, Gabby's time in Minny is done for sure. He's a fantastic player, but he's too much of an injury risk for that kind of money and term.

36Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I saw that! What a tool! I'm all for having a great sense of self-confidence and self-worth, but talk about completely overvaluing your services...

So, the question is, would be curious enough to take a chance on him?

37Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:51 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Spector was reporting yesterday that Gaborik is "reportedly" seeking a $10 mil / 10 yrs deal (!). If true, Gabby's time in Minny is done for sure. He's a fantastic player, but he's too much of an injury risk for that kind of money and term.

I'm sure someone will give it to him... wouldn't surprise me at all... There's no way Ottawa can fit that in their system, and really i'm glad, I want no part of Gaborik....

38Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:06 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Nobody in the league deserves to make more money than Ovechkin, NOBODY. That's all a GM has to say.

39Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:09 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:Nobody in the league deserves to make more money than Ovechkin, NOBODY. That's all a GM has to say.

Yeah exactly.. That should be the benchmark for a forward... There is no way, absolutley no way that Gaborik is worth more than AO... It's ludicrous to think that...

40Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:55 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm in on that. AO should be atop the food chain.

41Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:05 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:Nobody in the league deserves to make more money than Ovechkin, NOBODY. That's all a GM has to say.

I agree -- and I'm betting Gabby does too. To me, that demand says, "overpay me or trade me". I do expect him to sign for about $8 mil / yr or so, tho' -- and someone will definitely pay him that much.

42Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

I agree -- and I'm betting Gabby does too. To me, that demand says, "overpay me or trade me". I do expect him to sign for about $8 mil / yr or so, tho' -- and someone will definitely pay him that much.

You have to bet on a trade, rather than him really expecting Minny to pony up. His agent would have straightened him out a long time ago if he really expected 10/10 (or told him that he was negotiating with Omsk or Moscow Dynamo...)

43Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:39 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Fuklund is spreading a rumour about Gaborik to MTL (of course!!! Centennial, baby!!!) for Higgins (Higgins to every team for their #1 superstar!!!), McDonagh (who?) and a "conditional" first... though if you read Dicklunds headline he makes it sound like Minny is sending the first rounder.

squirrel

44Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:46 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Fuklund is spreading a rumour about Gaborik to MTL (of course!!! Centennial, baby!!!) for Higgins (Higgins to every team for their #1 superstar!!!), McDonagh (who?) and a "conditional" first... though if you read Dicklunds headline he makes it sound like Minny is sending the first rounder.

squirrel

Yeah I just saw that... Impossible.. There's no way Gaborik fits in that cap.. They would have to get rid of too much... Eklund's a goof.. The guy really just throws out whatever...

45Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:49 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

DashRiprock wrote:Fuklund is spreading a rumour about Gaborik to MTL (of course!!! Centennial, baby!!!) for Higgins (Higgins to every team for their #1 superstar!!!), McDonagh (who?) and a "conditional" first... though if you read Dicklunds headline he makes it sound like Minny is sending the first rounder.

squirrel

you know, it's funny...we spent all last season talking about Forsberg, all summer talking about Sundin....but really, I don't care about Gaborik. To me, he's very unproven and one dimensional....I know he's fast and a scorer but he's not going to deliver a Cup to any team soon.

I still wish there's a chance we get Sundin and a goalie but I'm not going to lose any sleep or Gaborik.....

Just my two cents :pirat: arrrrrrr

46Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:05 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:

squirrel

you know, it's funny...we spent all last season talking about Forsberg, all summer talking about Sundin....but really, I don't care about Gaborik. To me, he's very unproven and one dimensional....I know he's fast and a scorer but he's not going to deliver a Cup to any team soon.

I still wish there's a chance we get Sundin and a goalie but I'm not going to lose any sleep or Gaborik.....

For a guy who has such an elite skillset, I really would not want him.

He'd cost too much, his contract demands are horrendous, and his defensive game sucks.

Sundin, I would take in a heartbeat. A goalie, well that's a given. Gaborik, no thanks.

47Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:09 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:

squirrel

Yeah your right, Gaborik isn't really in the same class as those guys...

48Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

mattbond wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:

squirrel

For a guy who has such an elite skillset, I really would not want him.

He'd cost too much, his contract demands are horrendous, and his defensive game sucks.

Sundin, I would take in a heartbeat. A goalie, well that's a given. Gaborik, no thanks.

Really? Every time I watch him I'm impressed by his defensive game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum