GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaborick rejects massive deal

+15
TheAvatar
Jordo
Cronie
rooneypoo
Senatorsfan56
Acrobat
wprager
drive2thenet
smash88
dennycrane
PKC
Hayden
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:05 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Fuklund is spreading a rumour about Gaborik to MTL (of course!!! Centennial, baby!!!) for Higgins (Higgins to every team for their #1 superstar!!!), McDonagh (who?) and a "conditional" first... though if you read Dicklunds headline he makes it sound like Minny is sending the first rounder.

squirrel

you know, it's funny...we spent all last season talking about Forsberg, all summer talking about Sundin....but really, I don't care about Gaborik. To me, he's very unproven and one dimensional....I know he's fast and a scorer but he's not going to deliver a Cup to any team soon.

I still wish there's a chance we get Sundin and a goalie but I'm not going to lose any sleep or Gaborik.....

Just my two cents :pirat: arrrrrrr

For a guy who has such an elite skillset, I really would not want him.

He'd cost too much, his contract demands are horrendous, and his defensive game sucks.

Sundin, I would take in a heartbeat. A goalie, well that's a given. Gaborik, no thanks.

47Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:09 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Fuklund is spreading a rumour about Gaborik to MTL (of course!!! Centennial, baby!!!) for Higgins (Higgins to every team for their #1 superstar!!!), McDonagh (who?) and a "conditional" first... though if you read Dicklunds headline he makes it sound like Minny is sending the first rounder.

squirrel

you know, it's funny...we spent all last season talking about Forsberg, all summer talking about Sundin....but really, I don't care about Gaborik. To me, he's very unproven and one dimensional....I know he's fast and a scorer but he's not going to deliver a Cup to any team soon.

I still wish there's a chance we get Sundin and a goalie but I'm not going to lose any sleep or Gaborik.....

Yeah your right, Gaborik isn't really in the same class as those guys...

48Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

mattbond wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:

squirrel

For a guy who has such an elite skillset, I really would not want him.

He'd cost too much, his contract demands are horrendous, and his defensive game sucks.

Sundin, I would take in a heartbeat. A goalie, well that's a given. Gaborik, no thanks.

Really? Every time I watch him I'm impressed by his defensive game.

49Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He does play for Minny... he must be a decent back checker.

50Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:57 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I may be way off base here, but over on HB whenever his name is brought up I recall Minny fans criticizing his work ethic on D.

51Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:I may be way off base here, but over on HB whenever his name is brought up I recall Minny fans criticizing his work ethic on D.

Yeah, but in Minny a goal against, is almost as bad as a game lost... LOL

52Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

In Minny, it only takes two goals against for the game to be lost...

53Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:53 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
mattbond wrote:I may be way off base here, but over on HB whenever his name is brought up I recall Minny fans criticizing his work ethic on D.

Are they as painful to watch as NJ of old?

54Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
smash88 wrote:

I don't really know, don't really watch them too often, but they are known to be pretty bad...

55Gaborick rejects massive deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Gaborick rejects massive deal Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:26 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
mattbond wrote:
smash88 wrote:

I don't really know, don't really watch them too often, but they are known to be pretty bad...

I took in some of the Vancouver - Dallas series (I think that's the one. It went to 7 games, Turco had three shutouts and still lost), and it was pretty painful to watch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum