GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN: Caps set to make A-Train massive offer

+10
caissie_1
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
Phoenix30
shabbs
sens4win
cain69
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Kovalev is gonna rip it up next year.

28 goals, 33 assists (it's Mike Fisher after all) = 61 points.

Or not, but I have a feeling.

Im with you Spez, I think he goes out and has a good year offensively. People forget he was going at a PPG clip++ for an extended period of time this year. He may want to seek out one more short term contract elsewhere ...

Kovalev is ap erfect guy to have on the wing right now while Ottawa restocks their prospect pool and go out and sign guys like Bobby Butler who might be able to come in and get 20 goals with 40-50 points in a couple years.

There is nothign wrong with Kovy here at this point, the guy is well liked, a solid top 6 player, and a guy who makes others around him better. He's a threat at any given time and can change a game by himself, not a lot of players in Ottawa can do that.

As for Martin, we'll see what happens but Im surprised he hasnt resigned and with the injury he had this year Lou might be trying to take advantage of that... IMO Lou has lost touch with the game a bit. If Martin hits the market Murray should and probably will make a serious pitch.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
Im with you Spez, I think he goes out and has a good year offensively. People forget he was going at a PPG clip++ for an extended period of time this year. He may want to seek out one more short term contract elsewhere ...

People also forget that he was one of the main reasons we went on that 11 game run - and I'd credit him and Elliott for us making the playoffs. He was also amazingly helpful to Regin, he wouldn't be where he was without Kovalev apparently. And that's a really good thing to me personally when we have Butler and maybe even another rookie or 2 coming up next year that he can help. I wish Petersson was coming up so he could benefit from Kovalev and Alfie, but that's not happening.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has this "massive offer" materialized yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum