GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am

+17
asq2
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
ddt
SensHulk
PTFlea
Hoags
sens4win
Hobiesens
Devo
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
caissie_1
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
SensFan71
PKC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

It has to do with a contract extension for Bryan Murray, the president wouldn't be there to announce a trade.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I'm hearing that they are going to be extending Bryan Murray's contract. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the wily old bastard swung a massive trade, like had been rumoured a little while ago that the Sens were working on something "huge."

That would make sense. This is the last year of BM's 3-year contract, isn't it? You need to give that guy some assurance as he goes into the deadline and draft day.

I don't see why else you bring in Leeder in for the presser.

SSF will be crushed.

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Good move... Murray is an excellent Gm.... Im happy he will be here another while...

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Maybe it is both. Re-signing of Volkie and Murray. Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am - Page 2 159628

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

It is absolutley about Murray being resigned. I've also heard that Melnyk has been sniffing around for new scoreboard designs.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:It is absolutley about Murray being resigned. I've also heard that Melnyk has been sniffing around for new scoreboard designs.

guess we will know in less than 10 minutes, any live stream of this?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Murray gets a 2 year extension....

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/02/12/12851951.html

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Good news kind of lame though thought it would be a great trade

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:Murray gets a 2 year extension....

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/02/12/12851951.html
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/02/12/12851951.html[/quote[/url]]

very deserved, now Murray, get on the phone with A-Train's agent.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray's done a good job here overall.

Yes some trades haven't quite worked out (Campoli, Leclaire) but I'd extend him just for trading up at the draft to get Karlsson, a move that had everyone going "WTF is Ottawa doing ?" taking a player totally off the radar.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Murray's done a good job here overall.

Yes some trades haven't quite worked out (Campoli, Leclaire) but I'd extend him just for trading up at the draft to get Karlsson, a move that had everyone going "WTF is Ottawa doing ?" taking a player totally off the radar.

and Karlsson is going to pay off so huge, can see it already in how he was playing before he got injured.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very happy with this, he's quietly been very patient and his moves have worked well for the most part.

Again, I'm as pleased as I could be right now. Congrats Murray and congrats Sens fans because we get another year of a great hockey mind.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:It has to do with a contract extension for Bryan Murray, the president wouldn't be there to announce a trade.

Good call.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Happy to have Bryan Murray aboard for next year. Strange that its only a 1 year extension though. I wonder if Murray will retire after next year

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would have preferred giving him the extension after he re-signs Volchenkov. Let's get working on that next Murray!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I'm hearing that they are going to be extending Bryan Murray's contract. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the wily old bastard swung a massive trade, like had been rumoured a little while ago that the Sens were working on something "huge."

Good call here too.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:Happy to have Bryan Murray aboard for next year. Strange that its only a 1 year extension though. I wonder if Murray will retire after next year
Crying murray will never retire!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray has offered Volchenkov a new contract apparently. Volchenkov will decide soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum