GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am

+17
asq2
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
ddt
SensHulk
PTFlea
Hoags
sens4win
Hobiesens
Devo
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
caissie_1
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
SensFan71
PKC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Murray has offered Volchenkov a new contract apparently. Volchenkov will decide soon.

Oooo. May I ask "source?"

This article. Of course, its by our good friend Boo-Boo, so make of it what you will.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Hmm Senschirp reporting that Lee has been called up to replace Campoli.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Murray has offered Volchenkov a new contract apparently. Volchenkov will decide soon.
i really dont see why this is so hard move picard campoli cheechoo and voila cap space

Because moving players of that caliber is really hard. Like, scoring from 200-feet away from the goal kinda hard. It happens (see: Toskala, Vesa), but just not everyday. Cheechoo's contract in particular is an anchor that no one's going to take off our hands, so stop dreaming about that one.

Plus, you need someone to play in place of Picard and Campoli, and they're going to cost at least as much what those two are earning now (which is just a pinch over the league minimum). I don't know about you, but I don't want to try going it with 5 D next year.

And voila, that's why figuring out how to squeeze Volchenkov's raise into our salary cap structure is so difficult.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:
i really dont see why this is so hard move picard campoli cheechoo and voila cap space

Because moving players of that caliber is really hard. Like, scoring from 200-feet away from the goal kinda hard. It happens (see: Toskala, Vesa), but just not everyday. Cheechoo's contract in particular is an anchor that no one's going to take off our hands, so stop dreaming about that one.

Plus, you need someone to play in place of Picard and Campoli, and they're going to cost at least as much what those two are earning now (which is just a pinch over the league minimum). I don't know about you, but I don't want to try going it with 5 D next year.

And voila, that's why figuring out how to squeeze Volchenkov's raise into our salary cap structure is so difficult.
well if you put it that way. looks like he wont be signed till we trade some guys.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I hope he agrees and that is a nice cap friendly number.

I wonder what he offered...3.5?
without Volchenkov last night we would have lost he blocked so many ovie shots, and was able to keep him to the outside, anyone know what were going to do if this guy leaves ?

I read somewhere this morning that Volchenkov had 11 block shots last night, and it was phrased like this: "... which was 8 less saves than Elliott made."

LOL.

And for the record, no, I don't think Elliott had a bad game, I just thought the way the point was phrased really draws attention to Volchenkov's importance to this team.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

From his presser this morning as reported by the Team. Ahhhhh!

That's the kinda source I like. Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am - Page 4 85287

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:

So Rooney in your opinion would a 2.5 - 3 million Zbynek Michalek be an acceptable replacement

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This article. Of course, its by our good friend Boo-Boo, so make of it what you will.

Excellent. I like that we're officially moving forward on this, at least. The complete silence on this question up 'till now was a little troubling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Hmm Senschirp reporting that Lee has been called up to replace Campoli.

Big chance for Lee. Biggest of his life actually. Ahhhhh!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:

So Rooney in your opinion would a 2.5 - 3 million Zbynek Michalek be an acceptable replacement

If you could get him at that price, sure.

I'd be more in favour of trading Kuba the minute that NTC expires, and buying out Cheechoo. That's $5.7 mil off your cap next year alone. Out of that money, you give Volchenkov his raise (another $1.5 mil or so), and you spend the rest (or most of it) on a guy like Hamhuis or Kubina.

Kuba has been deceptively bad this year, as I think most people have noticed.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Hmm Senschirp reporting that Lee has been called up to replace Campoli.

Big chance for Lee. Biggest of his life actually. Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am - Page 4 805406

perhaps a showcase for him being traded?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I hope he agrees and that is a nice cap friendly number.

I wonder what he offered...3.5?

I'm very curious to see what comes of this. Sign Volchenkov PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We wouldn't have won yesterday without him.

Kuba is horrible by the way.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

He could have had four or five. If he had of hit the net on any more shots he would have scored. That's the same on both teams. Ovie had one shot on goal because (Senators defenceman Anton) Volchenkov blocked 11," Boudreau said.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Last call for Lee.

In other news: unless this is an emergency recall, this injury and call-up further dips into our cap space, and so how much we can spend on trade deadline day. Rosters are frozen this afternoon, which means we have to pay Lee to be with the team for the next 2 weeks (players are paid by day, not by game) -- again, unless this is an emergency recall.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

???? To replace Campoli for what? This is odd.

To replace Kuba maybe?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

???? To replace Campoli for what? This is odd.

To replace Kuba maybe?

Campoli was apparently injured last night. Sounds like weeks rather than days.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Big chance for Lee. Biggest of his life actually. Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am - Page 4 805406

perhaps a showcase for him being traded?

I hope so. How many opportunities has this man received to be a top 6 d-man? Can't even light up the AHL.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

We are getting Matt Cullen for Picard and a 2nd round pick. As per Bob Mckenzie on Twitter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum