GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am

+17
asq2
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
ddt
SensHulk
PTFlea
Hoags
sens4win
Hobiesens
Devo
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
caissie_1
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
SensFan71
PKC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Hmm Senschirp reporting that Lee has been called up to replace Campoli.

Big chance for Lee. Biggest of his life actually. Ahhhhh!

???? To replace Campoli for what? This is odd.

To replace Kuba maybe?

Campoli was apparently injured last night. Sounds like weeks rather than days.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Hmm Senschirp reporting that Lee has been called up to replace Campoli.

Big chance for Lee. Biggest of his life actually. Senators to make announcement today at 9:30 am - Page 5 805406

perhaps a showcase for him being traded?

I hope so. How many opportunities has this man received to be a top 6 d-man? Can't even light up the AHL.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

We are getting Matt Cullen for Picard and a 2nd round pick. As per Bob Mckenzie on Twitter.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

HOpe for a SJ 2nd round pick Ohnoes!

Otherwise, GREAT acquisition.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please be SJ's 2nd round pick, please!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Please be SJ's 2nd round pick, please!

The more I think about it, the less it matters. By the end of the regular season, it will probably only be a difference of 4-5 spots, at most.

They can get the player they want in all honesty if the pick is 8-10 picks sooner. Ottawa probably has a good idea already who they want.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It's confirmed (Sens twitter) that it's our pick. Murray really loves Rutherford lool.
About the pick, yeah, it doesn't matter I agree, let's just hope SJ doesn't win the conference.

ON the Murray extension:
"Our team is now in a position to not only be competitive each season, but also to contend for the Stanley Cup. Bryan and his staff have worked hard to build an organization that now has the depth at the National Hockey League level and in our farm system that should allow us to be competitive for many years to come." from Melnyk.

Pretty clear now why Muckler has been replaced.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:It's confirmed (Sens twitter) that it's our pick. Murray really loves Rutherford lool.
About the pick, yeah, it doesn't matter I agree, let's just hope SJ doesn't win the conference.

ON the Murray extension:
"Our team is now in a position to not only be competitive each season, but also to contend for the Stanley Cup. Bryan and his staff have worked hard to build an organization that now has the depth at the National Hockey League level and in our farm system that should allow us to be competitive for many years to come." from Melnyk.

Mehn, lets just hope SJ gets bounced in 4-0 in the first round

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:It's confirmed (Sens twitter) that it's our pick. Murray really loves Rutherford lool.

ON the Murray extension:

When I think about MTL trading a 2nd for Dominic Moore, OTT trading its 2nd + a spare part / dead weight / accident waiting to happen looks all the better. So glad we have BM back there calling the shots. Smile

Seriously, BM is a genius when you look at the deal Gautier made, haha.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:When I think about MTL trading a 2nd for Dominic Moore, OTT trading its 2nd + a spare part / dead weight / accident waiting to happen looks all the better. So glad we have BM back there calling the shots. Smile

You're referring to Picard as "spare part / dead weight / accident waiting to happen"? I thought you were pretty high on him?

rooneypoo wrote:

The more I think about it, the less it matters. By the end of the regular season, it will probably only be a difference of 4-5 spots, at most.

too bad regular season has pretty much nothing to do with how playoff team draft picks are arranged

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cloverleaf wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

too bad regular season has pretty much nothing to do with how playoff team draft picks are arranged

True, but the Sharks don't exactly have a stellar playoff track record.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Fair enough, Diddle it, I love Murray and what he's doing. I love you First, I didn't think he'd admit a mistake on Picard and deal him. Done. Second, I didn't think he'd do anything about Cheechoo. Done. Third, I didn't think he'd trade for an awesome D-man........... Lalalala

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:When I think about MTL trading a 2nd for Dominic Moore, OTT trading its 2nd + a spare part / dead weight / accident waiting to happen looks all the better. So glad we have BM back there calling the shots. Smile

You're referring to Picard as "spare part / dead weight / accident waiting to happen"? I thought you were pretty high on him?

Meh. Campoli surpassed him on the depth chart long ago. Alfie and Kovalev on the points / half-walls has really increased our ability to get the puck to the net on the PP (the one thing I really liked about Picard). He was nothing more than a spare part in OTT for the last 2-3 months, and (when he did get a chance to play) his defensive zone gaffes were alarming, to say the least.

You knew one of Picard or Campoli had to go before the year was out anyway.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cloverleaf wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

LOL. Sure they do. For teams who make the playoffs, draft picks are determined, first, by the playoff round they make it to / exit in, and, second, by regular season standing (in reverse order).

So, 16 teams make the playoffs; 8 get bumped in round 1; 4 in round 2; 2 in round 3; and the SC finalists gets the last 2 picks. So, if SJ finishes 1st in the league, that SJ pick will probably be the last or second last pick in whatever round they get knocked out -- in the first, pick 51/52; in the second, pick 55/56; in the third, pick 57/58; or pick 59/60.

So the highest SJ's pick is gonna be is 51, and the lowest it will be is 60. If the Sens get bumped in round one, the highest their pick will be is something like 18 or 20. If they make it to round 2, tho', that pick will be something like 22-24; and so on.

So, yes, if OTT gets booted out first round and SJ wins the cup, we will have effectively moved down the draft 10-12 spots. If you think about where this team is at right now, and SJ's playoff history, however, there's all kinds of reasons to think that that worse case scenario is pretty far off.

So, yeah... back to my original point: I'm guessing they'll be a 4-5 spot difference in terms of where the OTT pick and SJ pick are in that round -- i.e., OTT wins a round, and SJ doesn't win the cup.

so like i said and you said incorrectly,by the end of the regular season, we will have no clue how close these picks will be unless you make up a huge scenario like you did on how the you think the playoffs will unfold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum