GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010

+30
Hoags
The Montagoose
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
Jordo
KidKarlsson
Urkie
M_Christopher
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
garblar
sens4win
beerandsens
Flo The Action
jamvan
SDH89
Cronie
Hayden
Riprock
asq2
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
wprager
PKC
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leclaire is on the Fan 590 right now. Talking about how he's been caught cheating on a few plays and has to get back to basics and being aware of his angles.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Which is why Clouston should have started him both games. He needs to play more to get back to being solid. He was getting better and better every game he played until he broke his face.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Why is it that Clouston came out and said he is our number 1 goalie, he will get 75% of the starts from here on out, and then the next day start Elliott? scratch It's not like Elliott was any better than Leclaire.

Was it because Leclaire threw an F-bomb out at the media? If so, doesn't that show more passion? Shouldn't he have put him right back in there after that?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:So....what did he say? I can't listen at work, is there anything interesting in there?
Here's what I got:
- Kuba doubtful for tomorrow, maybe Thursday
- Worked on PP, breakout and options today
- Fisher not shooting as much as he was before, has to use his size, simplify
- With all the injuries, Fisher is facing the other side's top lines now, more pressure on him
- Gotta bury the chances, be more poised around the net
- Don't force the press, usually ends up with odd-man rushes going the other way
- Gotta be patient with the game plan, believe in it
- Was glad to see a player's meeting... shows that they care, players are stepping up
- Impressed with Karlsson and especially Regin on how they've handled the load with all the injuries
- Asking Regin to be a top 6 center at this time is a lot more than they had planned for initially
- Clouston feels that Regin belongs in the NHL - he was asked if Regin should be in the AHL for another year
- Pleased with Zach's play in the past two games
- Alfie is ahead of Spezza as far as coming back to play
- Alfie should be ready in about 10 days, hopefully sooner

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Why is it that Clouston came out and said he is our number 1 goalie, he will get 75% of the starts from here on out, and then the next day start Elliott? scratch It's not like Elliott was any better than Leclaire.

Was it because Leclaire threw an F-bomb out at the media? If so, doesn't that show more passion? Shouldn't he have put him right back in there after that?
The only reason I can think of is because of the back to back games on Sat/Sun. He could have flipped it and gone right back with Leclaire versus Florida and then Elliott vs Carolina. Who knows.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Why is it that Clouston came out and said he is our number 1 goalie, he will get 75% of the starts from here on out, and then the next day start Elliott? scratch It's not like Elliott was any better than Leclaire.

The only reason I can think of is because of the back to back games on Sat/Sun. He could have flipped it and gone right back with Leclaire versus Florida and then Elliott vs Carolina. Who knows.

Thanks for the breakdown in the previous post, I appreciate it! Smile

I guess I can't really ask why he did that considering they had 2 games in less than 24Hours. If it were a back to back under different circumstances it should absolutely have been Leclaire for both, IMO. He's got to get his game back on track and it's not like he should be tired or anything.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd like to see Leclaire get the starts for the rest of this road trip. Next 4 games in a row. No reason not to let him run with it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I'd like to see Leclaire get the starts for the rest of this road trip. Next 4 games in a row. No reason not to let him run with it.

Agreed. Leclaire has the tools to be a good goalie he just needs to make fundamental adjustments.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've heard great things about this Phillip Cuba guy. Maybe the Sens could sign him? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Problems solved!!!!

Sens shake up power play

Coach moves Fisher to point

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/01/11/12420831-qmi.html

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:So....what did he say? I can't listen at work, is there anything interesting in there?
Here's what I got:
- Kuba doubtful for tomorrow, maybe Thursday
- Worked on PP, breakout and options today
- Fisher not shooting as much as he was before, has to use his size, simplify
- With all the injuries, Fisher is facing the other side's top lines now, more pressure on him
- Gotta bury the chances, be more poised around the net
- Don't force the press, usually ends up with odd-man rushes going the other way
- Gotta be patient with the game plan, believe in it
- Was glad to see a player's meeting... shows that they care, players are stepping up
- Impressed with Karlsson and especially Regin on how they've handled the load with all the injuries
- Asking Regin to be a top 6 center at this time is a lot more than they had planned for initially
- Clouston feels that Regin belongs in the NHL - he was asked if Regin should be in the AHL for another year
- Pleased with Zach's play in the past two games
- Alfie is ahead of Spezza as far as coming back to play
- Alfie should be ready in about 10 days, hopefully sooner

Oh dear goodness...thank God. 10 days, maybe sooner and two weeks or three tops for Spezza? I'll take it. I'll take it...hang in there guys.

And Fisher on the point is interesting, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn, so let's hope he doesn't decapitate one of our players (unless...it's Cheechoo).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

haha. Nice. Don't forget to read the fine print. Smile

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, Spezza is joining the team on Friday. He won't play for another 18-20 days, but he wants to join them and skate with them. Getting closer!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:haha. Nice. Don't forget to read the fine print. Smile

Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher got Foligno pretty good in one of his few attempts at shooting yesterday. Maybe Cheechoo will indeed be next!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've heard great things about this Phillip Cuba guy. Maybe the Sens could sign him? Sarcasm
Can he mix up a good Mojito? If so, sign him up!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy cow, Spezza is joining the team on Friday. He won't play for another 18-20 days, but he wants to join them and skate with them. Getting closer!

I'm so desperate for skills I've already forgotten the useless spezza we had. Sad times GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 3 489887

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy cow, Spezza is joining the team on Friday. He won't play for another 18-20 days, but he wants to join them and skate with them. Getting closer!

I'm so desperate for skills I've already forgotten the useless spezza we had. Sad times GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 3 489887

Laughing3 I was saying that at lunch. I don't even give a Dung anymore, I'll take Spezza back and forget about how much he blew.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum