GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Dec. 3rd, 2008

+12
Vandelay
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
smash88
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Going to be interesting. Atlanta will be tired, but they just scored 4 goals in the third period against Price (you think Carbo will be making them work in practice today?) Oh and they scored 3 times in 59 seconds to set a franchise record. When's the last time the Sens did anything that explosive?

The Sens will be going for their 3rd straight home win (hey, I guess we *are* on a winning streak after all).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Getting an early start on this eh? Heh heh. I think every game from here on in will be "interesting" as we'll be watching for the team to respond to the situation they're in. Our big guns have to start delivering.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Going to be interesting. Atlanta will be tired, but they just scored 4 goals in the third period against Price (you think Carbo will be making them work in practice today?) Oh and they scored 3 times in 59 seconds to set a franchise record. When's the last time the Sens did anything that explosive?

The Sens will be going for their 3rd straight home win (hey, I guess we *are* on a winning streak after all).

Yeah geez that 3rd period in Montreal was crazy... Hopefully the sens are awake tonight because the thrashers aren't going to be a happy team.. Kovalchuk looked really pissed last night... Should be interesting... Go Sens Go...

I'll be there tonight too.. 6 rows from ice! B-day present from the wifey.. sec 117 Row F seats 13 and 14...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we've already had our share of "interesting" games where a turnaround should have occured. Lack of effort at this point, when the stakes are already high (in December!!!) is inexcusable, yet persistent.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I said it yesterday. Atlanta and specifically Kovalchuk will score 4 goals tonight and we'll lose. Kovalchuk's "lesson" is over and he'll be back on the top line most likely and be a little pissed too. That explosion of scoring will happen to Ottawa tonight.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez Clutch, where's that Captain Awesome-Optimism we all know and love, and maybe need a little dose of right now... ?

Seriously, one of 3 things will happen tonight:

1) The Thrashers, albeit tired from a spirited affair last night, will want blood for losing a game they could have had vs the Habs and will take out their aggression on our basement-dwelling Sens; or
2) The Sens Big three (coupled with our newly created Fish-Vermie line) will EXPLODE and finally show some sign of life; or
3) It will be a close 1-1 or 3-3 game and the Sens will play the same uninspired effort we've sadly grown used to seeing lately. They MAY even be booed off the ice...AGAIN!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kovalchuk has always enjoyed putting pucks in our net.

Bah.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bryan Murray on Over the edge Team 1200 at 10:00 AM this morning.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Starting goalies as per goaliepost.com:
- Thrashers: Ondrej Pavelec (probable)
- Senators: Alex Auld: firm (we already knew this)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game is on TSN tonight in HD! Sweet.

Sweet glorious HD... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HD.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:Bryan Murray on Over the edge Team 1200 at 10:00 AM this morning.
If anyone catches this... would love to hear if there was anything "interesting" said.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Starting goalies as per goaliepost.com:

Who is Pavelec? I've never heard of him.. What happened to Lehtonen?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:

Pavelec appears to be the goalie of the future in ATL.

Lehtonen is where he spends most of his seasons: on the IR.

I used to be a big supporter of his, but he's now officially a Band-Aid Boy in my books. All the talent in the world won't help you if you can't put 5 games in a row together.

Same goes for Leclaire, except I was never a big fan of his.

Those are two more guys I wouldn't want tending our net anytime soon, I'm afraid. An Auld/Elliott tandem next year is looking more and more likely in my mind. That is, if Auld can prove this year that he's the real thing. He's certainly off to a good start.

Over in FLA, however, Anderson appears to be taking Vokoun's job away... with that organization looking to cut salary, you never know, he might become available...

But why am I talking goaltending? It's the least of our problems right now.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Pavelec appears to be the goalie of the future in ATL.

Lehtonen is where he spends most of his seasons: on the IR.

I used to be a big supporter of his, but he's now officially a Band-Aid Boy in my books. All the talent in the world won't help you if you can't put 5 games in a row together.

Same goes for Leclaire, except I was never a big fan of his.

Those are two more guys I wouldn't want tending our net anytime soon, I'm afraid. An Auld/Elliott tandem next year is looking more and more likely in my mind. That is, if Auld can prove this year that he's the real thing. He's certainly off to a good start.

Over in FLA, however, Anderson appears to be taking Vokoun's job away... with that organization looking to cut salary, you never know, he might become available...

But why am I talking goaltending? It's the least of our problems right now.

LOL, yeah seriously.. Funny how going into the season we thought that would be are biggest worry..

Well it will be interesting to see this Pavelec tonight, hopefully the boys don't make him feel to welcome...

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:

Came form San Jose

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum