GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Dec. 3rd, 2008

+12
Vandelay
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
smash88
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

smash88 wrote:
LOL.. I finally sprung for a PVR.. Man i'll cry if I ever go back.. These things are a friggin beauty! LOL I've been recording stuff left right and center.. Rewind.. Pause.. OMG it's beautiful!

Thanks to all who "convinced" me that it was worth it.. It totally is!

So I guess it's the same as HD, once you go , you can't go back..

Some people say the wheel, automobile, airplane, telephone or even the internet revolutionized the world. None of these ideas is worth a crap in comparison to the PVR. Beer is still #1 but the PVR is a close second.

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:It's so true Smash. GOD help you if you ever end up at a friends place watching a game on a normal receiver or box.

I went home last year to visit my parents and after they were all asleep, I was watching a bruins game on TSN and I had to take a leak so I instinctively grabbed the remote looking for the pause button, and I was shocked...there wasn't one... I was going to have to wait for a freakin' commercial!! AHHHH!!!

Seriously though, it's SO addictive because if I miss anything, even a funny ad, I'm SO used to being able to rewind live tv... It's an addiction now...

Yeah I know what you mean... I've had it for about a week and I can't stop pausing and rewinding.. It's funny cause my girlfriend was really against it, as she thought it would be useless, but she's thanking me now...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:It's so true Smash. GOD help you if you ever end up at a friends place watching a game on a normal receiver or box.

I went home last year to visit my parents and after they were all asleep, I was watching a bruins game on TSN and I had to take a leak so I instinctively grabbed the remote looking for the pause button, and I was shocked...there wasn't one... I was going to have to wait for a freakin' commercial!! AHHHH!!!

Seriously though, it's SO addictive because if I miss anything, even a funny ad, I'm SO used to being able to rewind live tv... It's an addiction now...

Yeah I know what you mean... I've had it for about a week and I can't stop pausing and rewinding.. It's funny cause my girlfriend was really against it, as she thought it would be useless, but she's thanking me now...
The PVR has a very high WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh yeah, my wife is just as addicted to it. She tapes EVERYTHING, and skips the ads religiously. That's why we RARELY watch a show live, or if we do, we turn the channel to it, and then do 'something else' for like 15-20 mins or so, run around the house chasing my son or walk the dogs, this way when we come back, we needn't sit through annoying ads.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:

The PVR has a very high WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor.

Hilarious.. LOL

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:oh yeah, my wife is just as addicted to it. She tapes EVERYTHING, and skips the ads religiously. That's why we RARELY watch a show live, or if we do, we turn the channel to it, and then do 'something else' for like 15-20 mins or so, run around the house chasing my son or walk the dogs, this way when we come back, we needn't sit through annoying ads.

Yep Hockey games start at 8:30 from now on... unless it's playoffs when it HAS to be live...

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

you bastards!!! I haven't seen a live game on television since May and before that was Christmas and before that was...well, I don't remember. I'm talking live television...I haven't been to a live game since I don't know when. The next time I'm in Canada, I'm going to a game. Oh, just remembered. Last game I saw llive was 8 rows up at the ACC. Final score: 8-1 Ottawa. You guys talking HD and PVR...I'm thrilled if my leaf fan buddy in Toronto has the heart to put the sens came on so I can watch on the sling box.....damn it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From TSN's Ice Chips:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Ryan Shannon has been cleared to play and will dress Wednesday against Atlanta. Dean McAmmond (throat infection) skated but will not play against the Thrashers. Chris Neil (knee) and Alex Picard (wrist) will also not play on Wednesday. - TSN

Projected Lines vs. Thrashers

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Kelly - Winchester
Vermette - Fisher - Donovan
Ruutu - Bass - Shannon/Neil

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Schubert
Bell - Smith

Goaltender:
Auld to start
Gerber

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vandelay wrote:I'm thrilled if my leaf fan buddy in Toronto has the heart to put the sens came on so I can watch on the sling box.....damn it.
He should be able to tonight... Leafs are not playing and the Sens are on TSN in HD!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Guys you can watch the game at atdhe.net if you can't get the game on TV.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah it's on TSN, and they don't discriminate by location, like Sportsnet squirrel

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

DashRiprock wrote:Yeah it's on TSN, and they don't discriminate by location, like Sportsnet squirrel

good stuff...looking forward to the tsn commentators. The guys on MSG2 were the worst i've ever heard. When we controlled the play in the isles zone for a few minutes during the second period, they didn't mention anything at all about the play going on in front of them...just talking bs about the isles players...had to switch over to team1200 for audio...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wicked fights! The way it should be.... square off, take off the helmets and go. EVERY fight should be like that. Respect.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ALFIE!!!!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That might be the best period I 've seen Heatley play ever.

Wow.cheers

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Unbelievable penalty killing and goal tending!!!!! GO SENS GO!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Goal by Brendan Bell!!!! PP marker.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Game is on TSN tonight in HD! Sweet.

Sweet glorious HD... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HD.

Dammit! That's an extra $8.95/month that I refuse to hand over. Of course it's cheaper than those PPV games last year (if I could cancel after 1 month) and I'd get a few more HD goodies. Tempting.
Once you go HD.... you can't go back. Watching SD brings a tear to my eyes now...

LOL.. I finally sprung for a PVR.. Man i'll cry if I ever go back.. These things are a friggin beauty! LOL I've been recording stuff left right and center.. Rewind.. Pause.. OMG it's beautiful!

Thanks to all who "convinced" me that it was worth it.. It totally is!

So I guess it's the same as HD, once you go , you can't go back..

You ... mean ... it's not a ... HD PVR? Man, I feel for you, even though you don't know how much you're suffering.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum