GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Dec. 3rd, 2008

+12
Vandelay
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
smash88
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Starting goalies as per goaliepost.com:
- Thrashers: Ondrej Pavelec (probable)
- Senators: Alex Auld: firm (we already knew this)

Who is Pavelec? I've never heard of him.. What happened to Lehtonen?

Pavelec appears to be the goalie of the future in ATL.

Lehtonen is where he spends most of his seasons: on the IR.

I used to be a big supporter of his, but he's now officially a Band-Aid Boy in my books. All the talent in the world won't help you if you can't put 5 games in a row together.

Same goes for Leclaire, except I was never a big fan of his.

Those are two more guys I wouldn't want tending our net anytime soon, I'm afraid. An Auld/Elliott tandem next year is looking more and more likely in my mind. That is, if Auld can prove this year that he's the real thing. He's certainly off to a good start.

Over in FLA, however, Anderson appears to be taking Vokoun's job away... with that organization looking to cut salary, you never know, he might become available...

But why am I talking goaltending? It's the least of our problems right now.

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Pavelec appears to be the goalie of the future in ATL.

Lehtonen is where he spends most of his seasons: on the IR.

I used to be a big supporter of his, but he's now officially a Band-Aid Boy in my books. All the talent in the world won't help you if you can't put 5 games in a row together.

Same goes for Leclaire, except I was never a big fan of his.

Those are two more guys I wouldn't want tending our net anytime soon, I'm afraid. An Auld/Elliott tandem next year is looking more and more likely in my mind. That is, if Auld can prove this year that he's the real thing. He's certainly off to a good start.

Over in FLA, however, Anderson appears to be taking Vokoun's job away... with that organization looking to cut salary, you never know, he might become available...

But why am I talking goaltending? It's the least of our problems right now.

LOL, yeah seriously.. Funny how going into the season we thought that would be are biggest worry..

Well it will be interesting to see this Pavelec tonight, hopefully the boys don't make him feel to welcome...

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:

Came form San Jose

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

let me rewind the movie for you...

we meet unnaturally hot unknown goalie phenomena that stonewalls everyone. opposing team scores 3 +. we lose.

sound familiar?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

OR,
we face valiquette-style goaltending and Ruutu absolutely destroys Kovalchuk and we win 4-1

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:OR,
we face valiquette-style goaltending and Ruutu absolutely destroys Kovalchuk and we win 4-1

I'd like that movie, because I've seen the other one too many time already....

you're 100% right in that the key to tonight's games is to get under Kovalchuk's skin. Ruutu needs to be on the ice everytime he's on the ice.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Hmm the Sun, says Hedburg is expected to start... Guess we'll have to wait till puck drop to see...

We lose this game and I think heads will roll. With two losses to the Islanders and one to Tampon this month, if we add a loss to the Thrashers (the last of the teams mentioned to be in the bottom four... oh... besides us) Murray is going to have no choice but to pull the trigger on something. I don't know what but something. Either that or we slip quietly into mediocrity (like an old man into a warm bath), shed salary and get in the Hedman sweeps. As it stands today we are a lottery pick we just need to be consistently inconsistent.

I hate this...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

How's the TV coverage for this?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Game is on TSN tonight in HD! Sweet.

Sweet glorious HD... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HD.

Dammit! That's an extra $8.95/month that I refuse to hand over. Of course it's cheaper than those PPV games last year (if I could cancel after 1 month) and I'd get a few more HD goodies. Tempting.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Dammit! That's an extra $8.95/month that I refuse to hand over. Of course it's cheaper than those PPV games last year (if I could cancel after 1 month) and I'd get a few more HD goodies. Tempting.
Once you go HD.... you can't go back. Watching SD brings a tear to my eyes now...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ondrej Pavelec is firm for tonight. Should be interesting to see him play.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:How's the TV coverage for this?
It's on TSN and TSNHD - Wednesday Hockey Night

http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/schedule/?channel=tsn&date=12-03-2008&tz=0

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Once you go HD.... you can't go back. Watching SD brings a tear to my eyes now...

LOL.. I finally sprung for a PVR.. Man i'll cry if I ever go back.. These things are a friggin beauty! LOL I've been recording stuff left right and center.. Rewind.. Pause.. OMG it's beautiful!

Thanks to all who "convinced" me that it was worth it.. It totally is!

So I guess it's the same as HD, once you go , you can't go back..

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's so true Smash. GOD help you if you ever end up at a friends place watching a game on a normal receiver or box.

I went home last year to visit my parents and after they were all asleep, I was watching a bruins game on TSN and I had to take a leak so I instinctively grabbed the remote looking for the pause button, and I was shocked...there wasn't one... I was going to have to wait for a freakin' commercial!! AHHHH!!!

Seriously though, it's SO addictive because if I miss anything, even a funny ad, I'm SO used to being able to rewind live tv... It's an addiction now...

smash88 wrote:
LOL.. I finally sprung for a PVR.. Man i'll cry if I ever go back.. These things are a friggin beauty! LOL I've been recording stuff left right and center.. Rewind.. Pause.. OMG it's beautiful!

Thanks to all who "convinced" me that it was worth it.. It totally is!

So I guess it's the same as HD, once you go , you can't go back..

Some people say the wheel, automobile, airplane, telephone or even the internet revolutionized the world. None of these ideas is worth a crap in comparison to the PVR. Beer is still #1 but the PVR is a close second.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:It's so true Smash. GOD help you if you ever end up at a friends place watching a game on a normal receiver or box.

I went home last year to visit my parents and after they were all asleep, I was watching a bruins game on TSN and I had to take a leak so I instinctively grabbed the remote looking for the pause button, and I was shocked...there wasn't one... I was going to have to wait for a freakin' commercial!! AHHHH!!!

Seriously though, it's SO addictive because if I miss anything, even a funny ad, I'm SO used to being able to rewind live tv... It's an addiction now...

Yeah I know what you mean... I've had it for about a week and I can't stop pausing and rewinding.. It's funny cause my girlfriend was really against it, as she thought it would be useless, but she's thanking me now...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:It's so true Smash. GOD help you if you ever end up at a friends place watching a game on a normal receiver or box.

Yeah I know what you mean... I've had it for about a week and I can't stop pausing and rewinding.. It's funny cause my girlfriend was really against it, as she thought it would be useless, but she's thanking me now...
The PVR has a very high WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum