GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Dec. 3rd, 2008

+12
Vandelay
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
smash88
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:And how about that fan who fell from L300 to L200? Dung man...

What happened?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

What happened?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AuHvTHwDg_azNX6EK2WBzoMJfwM6?slug=ap-senators-fanfalls&prov=ap&type=lgns

Apparently this guy tripped over a purse, flipped over three rows and down to the 200s. He crashed onto a woman who has a neck injury, but nothing sever according to that. We must have been out for a smoke when it happened.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Hezuz, Kovalchuk had a 4:25 shift when Atlanta got the 5 on 3s. 4 minutes and 25 seconds. 🇳🇴

Albeit with a time-out in-between.

Still, who else do you put out on a powerplay? They needed a goal there to get back in it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
wprager wrote:What's going on with Spezza in face offs? He was 18% tonight (2 of 11). I've been saying for a while that he'd been slipping, but it's getting really really bad. Donovan -- 7 shots on goal! If Heater had done that there would have been free pizza for everyone.

Haha I told you that last game at home. He had a better game tonight though, can't really focus on the faceoffs tonight. He still looks confused out there when he has the puck though, he doesnt know what to do with it. His play without the puck tonight was pretty good and much better then the last few games.

Did Kovulchuk come off the ice tonight?

I think the announcer said his shift during that powerplay (that twice had 5 on 3 situations) was 4:56.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wow! I'm still in awe of how our boys were playing last night.
Huge game by Auld. the acrobatics he pulled off (it's still a shame he can't get that coveted Shutout) kept the boys in the game, and I'm still amazed we kept both Kozlov and Kovi off the score sheet...

The ENTIRE team played for each other last night, and sadly it's been a long time coming. I don't want to celebrate early or get way ahead of myself, but that is how they need to play EVERY game, for a full 60 mins... The pieces are there, and last night proved that when they want to, they can turn it on awfully fierce.

Although Vermette was held off the score sheet, I was thoroughly impressed with his play, doing all the small things right (regardless of his status as McGuire's 'Monster' of the game) and once again, Kelly annoys me to no end...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

What? Seriously? What he/she OK???

EDIT: Ah, I've caught up on the conversation and read the story now. Wow. That's guy's f'ing lucky. Could have been killed.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

What? Seriously? What he/she OK???

Yeah he was ok.. 21 year old guy, tripped over a purse fell from the 3rd to the second... Minor injuries, but everyone was ok...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If Ryan O'Byrne was there this incident could have been avoided.

Great game last night, just what the doctor oredered. Big outting from the big three, Donovan the Dangler, Vermette still getting plenty of chances (no finish Sad ), Kuba's two assists giving him the lead again among NHL defencemen, Bell getting first goal as a Senator (and adding an assist), The Rifleman dropping the gloves twice, Bass taking on the giant Valabik and bringing him down.

Keep it up team.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm happy they got a hot start. Like I said, they played MTL the day before, and smacking them early would bury them.
IT's still the last team in the league though...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:If Ryan O'Byrne was there this incident could have been avoided.

Oh man, that's funny! LOL :D

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Vermette is stone cold... he could/should have buried two or three last night.

For the most part the Sens played a good game, last place team, but again it has to start somewhere. I am usually of the opinion Alfi is the best player on the ice but last night it was clearly Heatley, glad to see him light up his old team.

Since Bell came here against the Rangers, this team has been playing decent hockey for the most part, people say that we need a PMD and I agree but Bell being here has improved this team in a large way. There has only been 1 game the Sens havnt got a point that he has been in. I said this before the season started, the Bell signing could very well turn into a great signing and he could look a lot like Brian Campbell with some time and confidence.

They are going to have to string together more consistant efforts, but good game last night from everyone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:For the most part the Sens played a good game, last place team, but again it has to start somewhere. I am usually of the opinion Alfi is the best player on the ice but last night it was clearly Heatley, glad to see him light up his old team.

Since Bell came here against the Rangers, this team has been playing decent hockey for the most part, people say that we need a PMD and I agree but Bell being here has improved this team in a large way. There has only been 1 game the Sens havnt got a point that he has been in. I said this before the season started, the Bell signing could very well turn into a great signing and he could look a lot like Brian Campbell with some time and confidence.

They are going to have to string together more consistant efforts, but good game last night from everyone.

Whoa, I hope you're right. I remember you saying that Bell could turn out to be much more than what the consensus was -- someone to shore up Bingo's defense because Lee would be playing up in Ottawa. Didn't quite turn out that way, eh?

wprager wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:For the most part the Sens played a good game, last place team, but again it has to start somewhere. I am usually of the opinion Alfi is the best player on the ice but last night it was clearly Heatley, glad to see him light up his old team.

Whoa, I hope you're right. I remember you saying that Bell could turn out to be much more than what the consensus was -- someone to shore up Bingo's defense because Lee would be playing up in Ottawa. Didn't quite turn out that way, eh?

Ive thought from day 1 signing Bell was a great move, did I know Lee would have a huge fall from grace, absolutly not like this, Bell has taken that ball and ran with it though. Ive always thought Bell was good enough to play in the show.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lee better get his head out of his Donkey and start working or his NHL career will amount to a cup of coffee in the big show.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa's defence was excellent too. Great stick work (when they weren't broken lol), good use of the body pushing people off the puck, great shot blocking, killing back to back 5-on-3's.... Kovalchuk must have been so frustrated.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Lee better get his head out of his Donkey and start working or his NHL career will amount to a cup of coffee in the big show.

IMO he will be one of those guys bounced around from team to team looking for a cheap guy to move the puck. If he isnt that he wont be anything IMO once again.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Ottawa's defence was excellent too. Great stick work (when they weren't broken lol), good use of the body pushing people off the puck, great shot blocking, killing back to back 5-on-3's.... Kovalchuk must have been so frustrated.

Speaking of which: get those boys some wooden sticks for the PK. Why take chances? It happens far too often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum