GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010

+18
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Riprock
asq2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Straight Shooter
Ev
PKC
SensHulk
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Atlanta @ Ottawa Nov 9, 2010

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_lcap256%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 LargeGAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 AtGAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 Large

"Buff IS the Stuff?"

The Ottawa Senators (7-6-1, 15pts) face the visiting Atlanta Thrashers (6-5-3, 15pts) Tuesday night at SBP. Ottawa is riding high after their third win in a row and first vs. the Habs 3-2 on Saturday night. The Sens controlled the play for most of that game and the victor was only in question when Montreal scored a goal with about 4 minutes left. Kovalev had another strong night scoring 2 goals against his former club including the game winner on the Power play and Elliott made a few spectacular saves to preserve the win as well. It was a real solid team effort that pushes Ottawa's record to 6-2-0 since their dismal 1-4-1 start to the season.

Atlanta comes to town after battling hard vs. the Hawks on Saturday night only to fall in the shootout. The Thrashers are nipping at the Sens heals in the standings and, despite being just over 500, are a decent road team this season at 4-2-2 in the early going. Dustin Byfuglien has been ripping it up thus far and leads his team with 13 points in 14 games. A big key to this game will be special teams in my opinion. Atlanta, despite having a horrible PK rating of 78% had killed off 16 straight before facing Chicago while sporting a ridiculous 25% on the PP. Ottawa's PP has been humming along with PP goals in all but one of it's last 8 games. Do they start Leclaire? Another strong game by Elliott and another key game to win would suggest Leclaire will be warming the bench just a little bit longer.

Game Coverage:
- TV: SNET-E(HD)
- Radio: Team 1200
- Web: Check: http://www.atdhe.net and http://www.justin.tv

Latest updates:
Michalek will play as Z. Smith returned to Bingo. Kuba won't play. Elliott to start in goal - Sens Twitter

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source for OTTAWA: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators
Source for ATLANTA: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-thrashers

Key Injuries

Ottawa Senators:
Kuba (leg - out until he's back)

Atlanta Thrashers:
Bryan Little (concussion)

Game Day Previews:

ESPN
NHL

Media Links:
- SensTV On-line: http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp
- Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators: http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 am; edited 7 times in total

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Devils struggles are a testament to the buggering that they suffered at the hands of the Thrashers in the Kovalchuk trade. Interesting team. Too bad they have to lose this game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do my eyes deceive me? A GDT the morning*before*!

Ahhhhh! HappyDance1 Ahhhhh!

As long as Buff stays on D he'll not get close to Karlsson. I don't want that 6'5" wrecking ball anywhere near the mustachioed swede.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Poll?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Poll?

Thanks. I forgot. It's now up.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Voted. Peachzza.

Pizza it is. However, I still think Buff is the stuff

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Pizza? not if 50+ saves from Chris Mason will have something to say about that...the dirty birds are tied with Ottawa for 8th in the East, so I really hope the sens don't take them lightly. Thrashers have a habit of playing well against Ottawa (I think they took 3/4 last season)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa can't afford to take any team lightly.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You forgot to add "Kovalev 341K". It could happen Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:You forgot to add "Kovalev 341K". It could happen Smile

Add it if you like. You HAVE the power!

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm gonna say that Alfredsson has a huge game against the Thrashers.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I'm gonna say that Alfredsson has a huge game against the Thrashers.

I'll say Elliott has a huge game. His first NHL game was vs. the Thrashers which was also his first win. Yes I'm calling Elliott to be in net. Predictable. Very very predictable. Leclaire will get his next game late this month at the earliest, he will play poorly, then he'll wait another month or so.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should really change the Pizza promotion back to 5 goals...6 is way too much for the Sens (and most teams in the league) to score in one game. Especially now that the Pizza line is no longer with us.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm gonna say that Alfredsson has a huge game against the Thrashers.

I'll say Elliott has a huge game. His first NHL game was vs. the Thrashers which was also his first win. Yes I'm calling Elliott to be in net. Predictable. Very very predictable. Leclaire will get his next game late this month at the earliest, he will play poorly, then he'll wait another month or so.

So Elliott is gonna start 18-20 games in a row before a backup relieves him? I don't think that's the most efficient way of managing your goaltending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum