GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010

+18
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Riprock
asq2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Straight Shooter
Ev
PKC
SensHulk
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Atlanta @ Ottawa Nov 9, 2010

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap256%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Nov. 9, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, lookie here -- 2nd in the Division, 2 behind Montreal. Yeah, I know Boston has 4 games to get 2 points and catch us, but fact is they haven't yet.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
We need Kuba back for the 10 game stretch coming up.

Yeah, this is a tough stretch. We're coming in hot though, and we're an interesting team when we're hot.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I loved everything about that Cussing game. Ahhhhh!

We need Kuba back for the 10 game stretch coming up.

We need Alfredsson to start scoring again. Where's the Captain been the last few games? I know I said it in jest a couple of games ago, but maybe not so much of a joke -- put him on the Spezza line to get him going again?

It actually wasn't a great game for that line. I wasn't overly impressed with 9, 11, or 12. As long as the rest of the team is performing like they were tonight though, it's all gravy. It did look like the 1B line was a step behind where they normally are.

On that note, what a game.

Just ask this guy -> Dancing

Sophomore
Sophomore

i have been impressed with hale, when kuba comes back any chance we sit campoli for a few games?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
It actually wasn't a great game for that line. I wasn't overly impressed with 9, 11, or 12. As long as the rest of the team is performing like they were tonight though, it's all gravy. It did look like the 1B line was a step behind where they normally are.

On that note, what a game.

Just ask this guy -> Dancing

Agreed.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Am I blind or is there nothing on www.tsn.ca/nhl about Ottawa even playing or winning tonight?

Nothing at all right now. Crazy!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a highlight package on the right, and if you click on more stories it shows the headline "Spezza scores twice as Senators take down Thrashers".

Probably just an error that it isn't on the front page.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:By the end of the night we may have two of the league's top-ten scoring defensemen. Smile

Dammit! Jinxer Dammit!

Karlsson started the night tied for 12th (with Mike Green et al) and has moved up to be tied for 9th (pending how the others do, of course). Gonchar was already tied for 9th and moved up to be tied for 7th.

Jinxes aren't real.

Tell that to the boogy man who lays in wait in my closet.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

man am i happy spezza never got traded this summer. i hope he's happy too

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

111519 wrote:i have been impressed with hale, when kuba comes back any chance we sit campoli for a few games?

Interesting. I was only thinking of how much better the second pairing would be with Kuba in Hale's place -- not a knock on Hale, but there's a difference. Putting Hale with Carkner would give that pairing a bit more size. However Carkner and Campoli have gotten into a groove playing together. Sure, Campoli's numbers aren't where I was hoping they'd be when I picked him in the pool, but he's been pretty solid defensively. At least earlier on -- have you been noticing a drop off in play?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:man am i happy spezza never got traded this summer. i hope he's happy too

He's killing penalties now too. Perhaps fatherhood has done him some good?

- Unknown Author

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:There's a highlight package on the right, and if you click on more stories it shows the headline "Spezza scores twice as Senators take down Thrashers".

Thank you. The write-up is there now, but it wasn't at midnight last night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:man am i happy spezza never got traded this summer. i hope he's happy too

This might be an unpopular opinion but Spezza looks like a guy who's looking past the "A" and gunning for the "C" once it's vacated by The Alfie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:
Big Ev wrote:There's a highlight package on the right, and if you click on more stories it shows the headline "Spezza scores twice as Senators take down Thrashers".

Thank you. The write-up is there now, but it wasn't at midnight last night.

It was much more important for them to get the story out about the Leafs 0-4 loss. Surely, Leafs Nation could not be denied this important update. It's not like there is a special TV network and Radio station devoted to updating Leafs Nation to their team's activities.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

This might be an unpopular opinion but Spezza looks like a guy who's looking past the "A" and gunning for the "C" once it's vacated by The Alfie.

It was somewhat unpopular a couple of years ago when I brought it up Smile I don't think a 4-game stretch is enough to sway the masses, so let's just see if this "sticks".

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza's the team's highest paid player and longest contracted player. Combined with his play, he's a top candidate.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It was somewhat unpopular a couple of years ago when I brought it up Smile I don't think a 4-game stretch is enough to sway the masses, so let's just see if this "sticks".

I don't think that's fair to say about him. He might not have put up points in a couple of the games earlier this year but he hasn't had a single bad game yet. He's scoring, killing penalties, protecting the puck, creating turnovers defensively and getting teammates involved with his sick passing skill. Through the first 10 games of the season, this is easily the best Jason Spezza I've ever seen in Ottawa - one who's offensively and defensively responsible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love Regin, but the poor monkey took his knocks last night. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum