GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010

+30
Hoags
The Montagoose
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
Jordo
KidKarlsson
Urkie
M_Christopher
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
garblar
sens4win
beerandsens
Flo The Action
jamvan
SDH89
Cronie
Hayden
Riprock
asq2
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
wprager
PKC
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

sens4win wrote:as much as we want to believe there is going to be a trade
i don't see one happening until the dead line which we will already be in 12th spot

Well, if Murray is only planning the usual mid-season patchwork, I don't want a trade.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Year after year, we hear that Calgary is a real good team but they never really prove it.

I expect a deal involving Spezza and Phaneuf to be finalized by Monday.

more to come...

Well, they went to the finals in 04, faced Detroit in 07, SJ in 08 (nearly beat them), were decimated by injuries in 09 and VS the powerhouse CHicago. Maybe this time they will face a team like Nashville in the 1st round.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
sens4win wrote:as much as we want to believe there is going to be a trade
i don't see one happening until the dead line which we will already be in 12th spot

Well, if Murray is only planning the usual mid-season patchwork, I don't want a trade.

May be he sends Campoli for a 1st rounder? GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 40 159628

Sophomore
Sophomore

I would trade phillips and a first for phaneuf, would that get it done?

I know it would put us in a cap problem

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:I would trade phillips and a first for phaneuf, would that get it done?

No, Calgary has Regher, they wouldn't want Phillips.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Besides, I think Phillips is a part of our future. I wonder about Volchenkov these days though...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
111519 wrote:I would trade phillips and a first for phaneuf, would that get it done?

I keep hearing they want a 1st line Center. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 40 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I keep hearing they want a 1st line Center. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 40 159628

They do. How much do you like that deal though. I asked you this yesterday - it's a friggin tough call on Phaneuf, Jokinen for Spezza and Volchnekov. I feel we're getting the short end of the stick.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I keep hearing they want a 1st line Center. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 40 159628

Well they can't have Fisher. He's too good in the comm....Ohhhh wait I know who you're talking about now. Shoulda had a V8 DOH!

Wink

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I keep hearing they want a 1st line Center. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Jan. 12th, 2010 - Page 40 159628

They do. How much do you like that deal though. I asked you this yesterday - it's a friggin tough call on Phaneuf, Jokinen for Spezza and Volchnekov. I feel we're getting the short end of the stick.

So do I. I tend to throw out the "names" of a deal without getting into the secondary pieces. And there definitely would have to be those pieces in play here.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

So do I. I tend to throw out the "names" of a deal without getting into the secondary pieces. And there definitely would have to be those pieces in play here.
Just Spezza for Phaneuf. Trade Volchenkov for either a young player/prospect or high pick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Just Spezza for Phaneuf. Trade Volchenkov for either a young player/prospect or high pick.

I'm nervous about that transaction. Spezza has proved many times that he's a PPG center in this league. I doubt that magically he's all used up.

Phaneuf has one amazing year and one good year and now is stuck in a so-so year. Nervous I tell ya.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum