GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

and a few rumours...

+9
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
dennycrane
asq2
PTFlea
caissie_1
PKC
Flo The Action
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tired or not, expectation were higher and i'm not gonna be surprised if they want to try and add some pieces.
columbus is in the same position and i bet returning filatov to russia doesn't sit well with everyone there. whenever a team is struggling the coach is nalways put in question.

32and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These "rumours" are interesting to talk about but they are about as far fetched as some of the ones you find on HBuzz aren't they?

33and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is plain speculation on my part but i have a feeling that Halak will be a flyers by the end of the week.
now apparently holms wants halak and gainey wants a top 6 foward in return. now the news is that's possible but they would need to send someone back with halak.
i think this will work out ad to be honest these are the 2 trades (in my mind) that are likely to happen

to montreal
claude giroux(yes, part of it is cuz he's a frog)

to philly
Halak
d'agostini OR S kostisyn OR Ben Maxwell OR prospect...

OR

to Montreal
scott hartnell

to philly
Halak
max pacioretty or maxwell and pick/prospect.

my reasons: either montreal is trying to get bigger/tougher and hartnell fits the bill, while philly would get some cap relief and aquire some prospects.

the other scenario is MTL is hot for a francophone player that has amazing potential (although he's a little short) and philly want a player in return that can help now or be sent down if need be.

in any cases i doubt we see any D-man involved unless both team send some each other's way.

i could see Simon gagne being involved in a trade also but i hope to hell MTL doesn't surrender to having danny briere come their way(which is what i imagine paul Holm trying to do)

34and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:These "rumours" are interesting to talk about but they are about as far fetched as some of the ones you find on HBuzz aren't they?

not the Halak ones, but yes many are, but that's why it's in rant and rave no? many teams are looking for change before the X-mass no trade period.

35and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:These "rumours" are interesting to talk about but they are about as far fetched as some of the ones you find on HBuzz aren't they?

not the Halak ones, but yes many are, but that's why it's in rant and rave no? many teams are looking for change before the X-mass no trade period.

Good points. To be honest I was just fluffing to see my name in all the latest topic posts.

- Unknown Author

36and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Good points. To be honest I was just fluffing to see my name in all the latest topic posts.

and a few rumours... - Page 3 270956 I was wondering, I saw your name down the whole list

37and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

John "The Man of the Fecal" Rodenburg mentioned that he read of a potential blockbuster between the Canes and Blues involving Staal.

Why couldn't Ottawa see if they can save the Blues some pieces and send Spezza their way?

Anyone read this as well?

38and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:John "The Man of the Fecal" Rodenburg mentioned that he read of a potential blockbuster between the Canes and Blues involving Staal.

Why couldn't Ottawa see if they can save the Blues some pieces and send Spezza their way?

We lose Spezza we will be back in the <insert name here> Bonk as #1 center era we struggled through. I hope we stop riding Spezza. Christ, Staal isn't exactly lighting it up. We are always harder on our own players.

39and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:John "The Man of the Fecal" Rodenburg mentioned that he read of a potential blockbuster between the Canes and Blues involving Staal.

I think a more likely scenario is for Ottawa to get in on the fire sale in Carolina. I'm hearing this - Low low prices on in stock items, everything must go. Hurry in for the best prices all season. and a few rumours... - Page 3 805406

Oh wait...Never mind. I hate when I get rumours mixed up with bad boy commercials. Sorry. and a few rumours... - Page 3 235689

- Unknown Author

40and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:59 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:

We lose Spezza we will be back in the Bonk as #1 center era we struggled through. I hope we stop riding Spezza. Christ, Staal isn't exactly lighting it up. We are always harder on our own players.

That would depend on who we would get back. I think Spezza and Staal\s respective flaws even out. Only Staal seems to have a bit more of an edge to his game.

Andy McDonald is struggling. Perhaps that failed experiment needs to be axed. He needs a fresh start in Ottawa. and a few rumours... - Page 3 235689 and a few rumours... - Page 3 805406

41and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:59 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i`d take Staal over speza but i`m still under the impression that he doesn`t play center... anybody hear that spezza has put his house up for sale.... crazy tmes we live in! and a few rumours... - Page 3 805406

42and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:this is plain speculation on my part but i have a feeling that Halak will be a flyers by the end of the week.
now apparently holms wants halak and gainey wants a top 6 foward in return. now the news is that's possible but they would need to send someone back with halak.
i think this will work out ad to be honest these are the 2 trades (in my mind) that are likely to happen

to montreal
claude giroux(yes, part of it is cuz he's a frog)

to philly
Halak
d'agostini OR S kostisyn OR Ben Maxwell OR prospect...

OR

to Montreal
scott hartnell

to philly
Halak
max pacioretty or maxwell and pick/prospect.

my reasons: either montreal is trying to get bigger/tougher and hartnell fits the bill, while philly would get some cap relief and aquire some prospects.

the other scenario is MTL is hot for a francophone player that has amazing potential (although he's a little short) and philly want a player in return that can help now or be sent down if need be.

in any cases i doubt we see any D-man involved unless both team send some each other's way.

i could see Simon gagne being involved in a trade also but i hope to hell MTL doesn't surrender to having danny briere come their way(which is what i imagine paul Holm trying to do)

i swear i never saw this and it was my own conclusion... guess i`m not alone...

from hockey 30:

Giroux vs Halak ?

Lundi, 14 Décembre 2009
Par HOCKEY30.com

Ckac Sports: Jaroslav Halak semble vraiment être sur le marché des échanges et si les Flyers de Philadelphie sont prêts à donner Claude Giroux pour l'acquérir, le CH se doit d'accepter cette transaction.
C'est du moins l'opinion de Michel Bergeron. «Le Canadien est une meilleure équipe avec Giroux, ça c'est certain. Halak va jouer environ 20 matchs, alors que Giroux, lui, va jouer tous les matchs.»
À ceux qui pensent que d'échanger le Slovaque à une équipe de la même conférence que le CH serait une erreur, «le Tigre» n'est pas d'accord. «Que ce soit dans la même conférence ou non, si le Canadien pense être une meilleure équipe, il doit le faire.»
L'ancien entraîneur croit que les récentes rumeurs sont d'ailleurs fondées. «Que la rumeur vienne de Philadelphie et qu'elle concerne Halak, là ça devient intéressant. Ici à Montréal on part en peur avec les rumeurs, mais là c'est différent.»
Les Flyers ne seraient peut-être pas les seuls intéressés par les services du jeune gardien. «Le Canadien n'est pas obligé de l'échanger tout de suite, mais il doit au moins commencer à discuter, il y a peut-être d'autres équipes d'intéressées.»
Il ajoute également qu'on ne peut pas garder Halak juste en pensant que «Price pourrait peut-être se blesser». «Je crois que c'est maintenant clair que Carey Price est notre numéro un et les vrais numéros un ne se blessent pas. Regardez les Patrick Roy, les Dominik Hasek. Si je fouille dans mes souvenirs, je pense à Terry Sawchuk, Jacques Plante, Glen Hall et Johnny Bower, des gars qui n'étaient jamais blessés et en plus ils ne jouaient pas de masques!»
Âgé de 21 ans, Claude Giroux a été repêché au 22e rang au total en 2006. Cette saison, il a récolté une six buts et 19 points en 30 rencontres.

43and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:i`d take Staal over speza but i`m still under the impression that he doesn`t play center... anybody hear that spezza has put his house up for sale.... crazy tmes we live in! and a few rumours... - Page 3 805406

Yeah. I read that over on SensChirp. What a goof. He spends 7 Million on a house he bearly even had a chance to live in. I doubt there's anything more to it than him being stupid about his choice of location to live in.

- Unknown Author

44and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:08 pm

No chance Halak and D'agostini/SK get Giroux.

45and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i`d take Staal over speza but i`m still under the impression that he doesn`t play center... anybody hear that spezza has put his house up for sale.... crazy tmes we live in! and a few rumours... - Page 3 805406

Yeah. I read that over on SensChirp. What a goof. He spends 7 Million on a house he bearly even had a chance to live in. I doubt there's anything more to it than him being stupid about his choice of location to live in.

lazy on the ice and too lazy to have to drive that far... is he gonna buy a house a block away?
in all honesty, i don`t want to trade spezza but if the right deal cam along...

46and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:No chance Halak and D'agostini/SK get Giroux.
we`ll see... Halak is playing really well to be honest, i`d say better then price. he`s only RFA next year. i know philly likes giroux but they`ve got so much offencive tallent up the wazzoo, a guy like SK could do well in philly. very tallented.

47and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to agree but if I'm Montreal I recognize the value of Halak and I don't move him unless I get real value or a premium in return.

If I'm Philly, I understand that I would need to find a way to fit Giroux into a team that has 34.6 million committed to 9 players when his deal is up coupled with the fact that they need an upgrade in goal post-haste.

Seems to fit, unfortunately.

48and a few rumours... - Page 3 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'd like to agree but if I'm Montreal I recognize the value of Halak and I don't move him unless I get real value or a premium in return.

If I'm Philly, I understand that I would need to find a way to fit Giroux into a team that has 34.6 million committed to 9 players when his deal is up coupled with the fact that they need an upgrade in goal post-haste.

Seems to fit, unfortunately.
i would also say that MTL doesn`t need to make that trade. Halak obviously wants a shot at being number 1 but right now he`s one of the best back-ups in the league... and price hasn`t been the picture of consistency.
so if philly want him they have to give up something good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum