GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

and a few rumours...

+9
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
dennycrane
asq2
PTFlea
caissie_1
PKC
Flo The Action
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:No chance Halak and D'agostini/SK get Giroux.
we`ll see... Halak is playing really well to be honest, i`d say better then price. he`s only RFA next year. i know philly likes giroux but they`ve got so much offencive tallent up the wazzoo, a guy like SK could do well in philly. very tallented.

47and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to agree but if I'm Montreal I recognize the value of Halak and I don't move him unless I get real value or a premium in return.

If I'm Philly, I understand that I would need to find a way to fit Giroux into a team that has 34.6 million committed to 9 players when his deal is up coupled with the fact that they need an upgrade in goal post-haste.

Seems to fit, unfortunately.

48and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'd like to agree but if I'm Montreal I recognize the value of Halak and I don't move him unless I get real value or a premium in return.

If I'm Philly, I understand that I would need to find a way to fit Giroux into a team that has 34.6 million committed to 9 players when his deal is up coupled with the fact that they need an upgrade in goal post-haste.

i would also say that MTL doesn`t need to make that trade. Halak obviously wants a shot at being number 1 but right now he`s one of the best back-ups in the league... and price hasn`t been the picture of consistency.
so if philly want him they have to give up something good.

49and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this from TSN today.

Jaroslav Halak will get the start over Carey Price this evening...
a little showcasing are we???

50and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Per Senschirp...

UPDATE 12:25 PM)- Bob McKenzie is reporting that Carolina defenceman Aaron Ward has been placed on waivers. McKenzie expects Ward to clear and then be place on re-entry where someone could take him for half price. Ottawa has been rumoured to have an interest in Ward in the past.

51and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:30 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If you're Philly you move an established player with a larger contract with UFA coming soon (eg. Jeff Carter), and keep Giroux.

52and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:Per Senschirp...

UPDATE 12:25 PM)- Bob McKenzie is reporting that Carolina defenceman Aaron Ward has been placed on waivers. McKenzie expects Ward to clear and then be place on re-entry where someone could take him for half price. Ottawa has been rumoured to have an interest in Ward in the past.

All I can say is. and a few rumours... - Page 4 235689 and a few rumours... - Page 4 805406

Not that I have any interest in adding another D without knowing a couple will be subtracted by way of trady goodness. and a few rumours... - Page 4 932508

53and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Halak has never proven he can be a starter. If Philly moved for an interim solution in goal, they could get Dwayne or Marty from NYI.

My personal opinion is that a deal with Anaheim, that would see Hiller and Ryan wind up in Philly is more likely than Halak/Price.

54and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:Per Senschirp...

Who on earth does Ward replace? I don't think it'd be worth playing him over Campoli. Definitely not Phillips, Volchenkov, Kuba, Karlsson, Picard or Carkner.

55and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Halak has never proven he can be a starter. If Philly moved for an interim solution in goal, they could get Dwayne or Marty from NYI.

My personal opinion is that a deal with Anaheim, that would see Hiller and Ryan wind up in Philly is more likely than Halak/Price.

That would require an almost ridiculous package going back to Anaheim. Like, JvR and Carter.

56and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

hiller stays in anaheim, that`s as simple as that. giguere is the one on the way out.

57and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Something is cooking in Carolina for sure. I believe Tlusty was sent down as well.

58and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 pm

asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That would require an almost ridiculous package going back to Anaheim. Like, JvR and Carter.
Both teams need a major shakeup.

I would think Carter and a good prospect not named JvR or Claude Giroux could get it done.

59and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

they`ve had biron and let him walk... that aint gonna happen. Halak is an RFA and if good could provide some stability behind the net. he`s been a shinning star in montreal behind a less then defencively good team. the only question in peoples mind is ``can he handle a 60 plus game squedual and stay consistant`` he already behaved much better then price in the playoffs a couple years ago. i say that doesn`t go without being noticed.

60and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

hiller stays in anaheim, that`s as simple as that. giguere is the one on the way out.

Try moving Giguere at that salary, not gonna happen. Plus I believe Giguere has a NTC.

61and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Try moving Giguere at that salary, not gonna happen. Plus I believe Giguere has a NTC.
i agree that is a hard cap hit to move. but giguere already said he doesn`t want to play second fiddle and will accept to go somewhere else.

62and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

they`ve had biron and let him walk... that aint gonna happen. Halak is an RFA and if good could provide some stability behind the net. he`s been a shinning star in montreal behind a less then defencively good team. the only question in peoples mind is ``can he handle a 60 plus game squedual and stay consistant`` he already behaved much better then price in the playoffs a couple years ago. i say that doesn`t go without being noticed.
He is completely unproven as a number 1. I am not saying Philly wouldn't be interested, more that expecting such a high return for him falls into the same category as Lee for Filatov straight up, or better yet, Matt Stajan for Jeff Carter.

63and a few rumours... - Page 4 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Both teams need a major shakeup.

I would think Carter and a good prospect not named JvR or Claude Giroux could get it done.

They already sent their other good prospect pieces to Anaheim when they acquired Pronger. Carter and Ryan are IMO very similar in value. IMO, Ryan might even have more value.

So I definitely don't think it would only take a non-Giroux/JvR prospect from Philly (especially since Sbisa is already gone) to get Hiller.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum