GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

and a few rumours...

+9
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
dennycrane
asq2
PTFlea
caissie_1
PKC
Flo The Action
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1and a few rumours... Empty and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

a few rumours from espn i thought might be worthy of discussion as theysound somewhat plausible.
enjoy:

Phaneuf to the tri-state area?
(Stud blueliner could be getting closer to Avery.)

The market for Lehtonen
(The Atlanta Thrashers will likely trade a goalie for depth.)

Halak to Blues possible
(One prominent voice says Halak should be traded soon.)

Nylander picked up soon?

i like the one with lethonen. this guy should have high value but the string of injuries he's had over the years have made him such a weak piece.

halak is gonna be traded, just a matter of when... before the trade deadline for sure.

2and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 am

I could see the Flyers making a move for Lehtonen. With health and team buy-in to Laviolette's system, he could be a key to a turn around in Philly.

3and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:14 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Phaneuf to where though? New Jersey? What can they offer that wouldn't kill their team depth or empty their prospect cabinet? The Rangers? Unless they are moving Del Zotto back the other way, I don't see Calgary making the move. The Islanders? Maybe. Although I'm not sure they want to make a splash just yet.

Weird rumour that one. Could definitely see Montreal making a push with Halak + the Kostitsyns + Subban going the other way.

4and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 am

MurderOnIce wrote:I could see the Flyers making a move for Lehtonen. With health and team buy-in to Laviolette's system, he could be a key to a turn around in Philly.

Assuming he can stay healthy. He's only slightly more reliable than DiPietro :x

5and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:48 am

I don't understand this Halak rumour. Mason and Conklin are playing fine in STL. Philly seems like a more likely target.

6and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Boucher has been playing well in Philly rigth now doh... I guess will see but Boucher can probably keep it up for 6 weeks before Emery returns!

7and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:37 am

caissie_1 wrote:Boucher has been playing well in Philly rigth now doh... I guess will see but Boucher can probably keep it up for 6 weeks before Emery returns!

Personally, I don't think he can. He's shown flashes, like when he posted 5 shutouts in row or something ridiculous like that, but he's a career backup for a reason.

8and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Boucher has been playing well in Philly rigth now doh... I guess will see but Boucher can probably keep it up for 6 weeks before Emery returns!

Personally, I don't think he can. He's shown flashes, like when he posted 5 shutouts in row or something ridiculous like that, but he's a career backup for a reason.

Yeah, I'm not sure he can do 6 weeks of being a number one. He's the perfect back up though, he's awesome.

9and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Will Phaneuf really be traded? There's a lot of rumours that he's a problem in that locker room and that it's still not getting better even though Sutter is there. But really? And what does NJ have to offer? Elias?

Actually, Elias is an interesting thought in a one-for-one.

10and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:00 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Will Phaneuf really be traded? There's a lot of rumours that he's a problem in that locker room and that it's still not getting better even though Sutter is there. But really? And what does NJ have to offer? Elias?

Elias, Zajac, some Swedish forward prospects, I guess.

11and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Boucher was pretty good last night. Like Elliott, he'll keep his team in the game by and large. They'll have a few gems and a few turkeys.

12and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I honestly hate when I read any rumors and the mention of the Rangers... seriously, where does this team get its cap space from? Unless they are going to get rid of Dr. Ury and Redden, they cannot do anything. Period.

NJ probably is mentioned because they will want to bring back a guy that will slightly resemble anything close to Scott Stevens.

13and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Will Phaneuf really be traded? There's a lot of rumours that he's a problem in that locker room and that it's still not getting better even though Sutter is there. But really? And what does NJ have to offer? Elias?

Elias, Zajac, some Swedish forward prospects, I guess.

Zajac? I can't see them trading a bonafide core forward like that. Bergfors? I might think about him +, but the perfect fit is Elias. Elias for Phaneuf - sounds pretty fair and pretty nice.

14and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 pm

age?

might want to consider that.

15and a few rumours... Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Elias is getting up there so I believe the Devils would have to add a little bit to get Phaneuf like Gohan said...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum