GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens rumours

+2
jamvan
Riprock
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sens rumours Empty Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just repeating what I was reading at the 'other' site... the one we shall not say.

While there were 'rumours' of Ottawa talking to Columbus and Florida about mostl ikely a defenceman, there is more rumours circulating now that Calgary is in the mix. The rumoured deal would be a 'top 4 defenceman' going to Ottawa for a 'top 6 forward' and a 'strong prospect'.

Who could the defenceman be?
- Adrian Aucoin
- Robyn Regehr
- James Vandermeer
- Cory Sarich

It's very, very unlikely it would be Phaneuf, I think we can rule that out.

And the 'top 6 forward' from Ottawa?:
- Antoine Vermette

That's the only name that comes to mind. No way Spezza is traded unless it is for Phaneuf, nothing less.

And the prospect?:
- Ilya Zubov
- Brian Lee
- Jim O'Brien
- Zack Smith
- Cody Bass

I certainly hope it is none of the last four, even have problem sending Zubov, but you gotta give to get.

Any ideas who you think could be involved, purely for speculation?

2Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:32 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldn't want any of those defencemen mentioned.

Don't be surprised if they make a deal with Edmonton either.

3Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Any names come to mind?

Edmonton's got a lot of defenceman, but it's hard to imagine they'd move Lubo (who has a NTC, right?), Souray (do we want him?), Gilbert's not going anywhere... that leaves Smid, Grebeshkov, and their prospects, none of which are much of an improvement.

Vermette is an Oiler type player, very fast, but does he fit into their top 6?

4Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Those Calgary guys either suck, or aren't what we need. Vermette doesn't cut it in our top 6 so why would he anywhere else? We have 4 guys, then Vermette and he's not even filling a top 6 role production wise for us right now. He needs to be traded before his stock plummets to the point where we are stuck with him.

5Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:07 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Just repeating what I was reading at the 'other' site... the one we shall not say.

While there were 'rumours' of Ottawa talking to Columbus and Florida about mostl ikely a defenceman, there is more rumours circulating now that Calgary is in the mix. The rumoured deal would be a 'top 4 defenceman' going to Ottawa for a 'top 6 forward' and a 'strong prospect'.

Who could the defenceman be?
- Adrian Aucoin
- Robyn Regehr
- James Vandermeer
- Cory Sarich

It's very, very unlikely it would be Phaneuf, I think we can rule that out.

And the 'top 6 forward' from Ottawa?:
- Antoine Vermette

That's the only name that comes to mind. No way Spezza is traded unless it is for Phaneuf, nothing less.

And the prospect?:
- Ilya Zubov
- Brian Lee
- Jim O'Brien
- Zack Smith
- Cody Bass

I certainly hope it is none of the last four, even have problem sending Zubov, but you gotta give to get.

Any ideas who you think could be involved, purely for speculation?

I just don't see a match. We're looking for offensive, puck-moving help. Aucoin is a possibility, but I'd be furious if we gave up Vermette for him. Giordano would be a match, too, but we don't need another young, potential-laden D at the moment -- we need skilled help at D, right now.

I just don't see a viable trade here. Aucoin is too expensive, altho' I concede that we could accommodate him. Plus, I think we can get more in return for Vermette -- and if we can't, I'd rather hold on to him.

6Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No match at all with Calgary. Barf!

Souray I would take though. Smile

7Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm

Would taking Souray's salary hoop us for front line help though? Especially if we deal Tony V.

8Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:40 pm

I would do Regher for Vermette and Lee in a heartbeat. Makes our D so much stronger top to bottom. The only problem is it would never happen. Eklund is so full of crap it is amazing.

9Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:43 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:Would taking Souray's salary hoop us for front line help though? Especially if we deal Tony V.

Which Tony V.? The russian or the French Canadian?

10Sens rumours Empty Re: Sens rumours Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:12 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Would taking Souray's salary hoop us for front line help though? Especially if we deal Tony V.

Which Tony V.? The russian or the French Canadian?

Yeah, true. There are two Tony V's.

Good catch Av. I always thought of 'Toine as Tony V though (and by always I mean since earlier this week when hemlock told me the nickname).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum