GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours of the week

+23
The Montagoose
SensHulk
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
garblar
Sens4thecup
jamvan
SDH89
Hoags
shabbs
asq2
SensGirl11
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
LeCaptain
beedub
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Flo The Action
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 32]

1rumours of the week Empty rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i figured i'd start a thread in the rant and rave so that we could gather up all the rumours that are floating around. maybe not EK rumours, but what sounds possible.

2rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Hockey News wants us to believe that this would be the move to make:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html

3rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Les rumeurs

Lundi, 21 Décembre 2009
Par HOCKEY30.com

Comme à chaque semaine, le Ottawa Sun résume les dernières rumeurs dans la LNH.
- Vincent Lecavalier aurait piqué une grosse colère lorsqu'il a appris qu'Alex Tanguay était laissé de côté par l'entraîneur-chef Rick Tocchet. Les deux québécois pourraient être échangés dans la même transaction selon ce qu'on raconte à Tampa Bay.
- Vu la lenteur des négociations entre les Thrashers d'Atlanta et Ilya Kovalchuk, plusieurs équipes ont contacté le directeur général Don Waddell pour lui démontrer leur intérêt envers le joueur vedette. Kovalchuk demanderait un salaire de 10 ans équivalent à plus de 11 millions de dollars par année. Les Devils du New Jersey, l'Avalanche du Colorado, les Rangers de New York, les Bruins de Boston, les Kings de Los Angeles et les Capitals de Washington seraient les formations intéressées à l'attaquant russe.
- Jeff Carter serait sur le marché des échanges. Le directeur général des Flyers de Philadlephie, Paul Holmgren, aurait avoué à des proches que son attaquant pourrait être transigé s'il obtient ce qu'il veut en retour. Par ailleurs, Holmgren a démenti les dires de Bob Gainey, à savoir que Jaroslav Halak avait été proposé aux Flyers. Pourtant, plusieurs sources fiables nous disent que le gardien Slovaque a bel et bien été offert à Philadelphie. Qui dit vrai?
- Les Ducks d'Anaheim pourraient être tentés d'échanger Teemu Selanne avant la date limite des transaction (3 mars 2010). Le Finlandais s'est blessé à la main et sera absent jusqu'au moins de janvier. Le directeur général des Ducks, Bob Murray, aurait déjà fait une croix sur les séries éliminatoires et voudrait en profiter pour alléger sa masse salariale. Murray a une nouvelle philosophie: Il veut faire de la place aux jeunes et se départir de plusieurs vétérans. Selanne a déjà 14 buts à sa fiche et pourrait représenter une très bonne acquisition pour une équipe qui aspire aux grands honneurs. L'attaquant Joffrey Lupul serait aussi sur le marché des échanges.
- Le président des Blues, John Davidson, a démenti les rumeurs qui racontaient que les Blues étaient intéressés à l'attaquant des Hurricanes, Eric Staal. Malgré sa saison atroce, le directeur général des Canes, Jim Rutherford, ne veut pas se départir de son attaquant. "Il est notre joueur de concession. Il faut être patient avec ces joueurs de talent" a affirmé Rutherford.
- Le directeur général des Oilers, Steve Tambellini, veut absolument procéder à un échange. Il est toutefois mal pris car les joueurs qu'il désire échanger ont tous de lourds contrats: Shawn Horcoff (7 M$ en 2009-2010, 6.5 M$ en 2010-2011, 6.5 M$ en 2011-2012, 6 M$ en 2012-2013, 4 M$ en 2013-2014), Sheldon Souray (5.5 M$ en 2009-2010, 4.5 M$ en 2010-2011, 4.5 M$ en 2011-2012) et Lubomir Visnovsky (7 M$ en 2009-2010, 6 M$ en 2010-2011, 5 M$ en 2011-2012, 3 M$ en 2012-2013) ont tous été surévalués. Ces salaires sont insensés par rapport à la valeur de ces joueurs sur la glace...

-basicaly Lecavalier had a fit when he learned Tanguay wasn't going to play the next game. they could be packaged together in a deal... rumours of the week 663118

-teams inquirering about kovalchuck are devils, kings, rangers, bruins, avs and caps. (yeah who wouldn't if you have the cap space.)

- jeff carter is apparently available for the right price... sure rumours of the week 260269.

- more selanne rumours, (guess that's a possible)

-canes are not trying to move Stall and Blues were not interested...

-and the oil would love to move Horcoff, visnovsky or souray and their huge contracts...

something in there might be possible... selanne could be nice in ottawa.

4rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've also heard that negotiations are dead in Atlanta with Kovalchuk - which will mean a mad, crazy time at the deadline (or before).

5rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man....forget about Selanne and bring me in the Souray or Visnovsky!! Ahhhhh!

6rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Pain and Shame" Phaneuf is no longer the same player. I'd sooner take Sarich, Jokinen and probably a top prospect.

Iginla is 32?!??!! rumours of the week 235689 rumours of the week 805406

7rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bruins, Caps, Rangers... three teams that have no cap space and one team that is always in on the trade rumors and has no cap space.

8rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

-teams inquirering about kovalchuck are devils, kings, rangers, bruins, avs and caps. (yeah who wouldn't if you have the cap space.)

I'll tell you who wouldn't - teams who value their prospects and picks.

9rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:The Hockey News wants us to believe that this would be the move to make:

[url=http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html[/quote[/url]]

He brings up valid points. It's not like we'd miss his offence, and Phaneuf on the back end would make us a force to be reckoned with

10rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Pain and Shame" Phaneuf is no longer the same player. I'd sooner take Sarich, Jokinen and probably a top prospect.

Really? I'd take Phaneuf, but not at the expense of Spezza - yet.

11rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:The Hockey News wants us to believe that this would be the move to make:

[url=http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html[/quote[/url]]

yeah i read that this moring... interesting. i'm sure quite a few people on here would jump at the chance to pull it but personally that would leave us a very empty space at center. i truly believe Spezza has been playing with back problems and that is part of the reason his play has been te way it is.
you can pretty much pin-point the moment he started to play of to when he came back ina hurry from the back injury earlyer this season. before that he was a new man... (bring on the hate.)

as for phaneuf, it sounds like he's quite the handfull in the locker-room. i'd take him but not for spezza. we have some nice prospects on D that will one day soon be elite(hopefully) but we are weak up front in prospect. i don't think it's the time to deal spezza.

12rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="beedub"]

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html[/quote]

He brings up valid points. It's not like we'd miss his offence, and Phaneuf on the back end would make us a force to be reckoned with

Phaneuf is a shell of what he was.

13rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:ttp://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html[/quote[/url]]

Yeah, but at the same time, we haven't had Spezza at 100% for over a year now it appears. I still have a hard time believing he's gone to Dung - no matter how hard Neely tries to make us believe that. It's one of those things that in a couple of years we'd be wishing we didn't do IMO.

14rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If Kovalchuk is moved, I'm putting my money on LA. They got the cap room, they got the assets. Two huge factors. Not only can they trade for him, but they could keep him.

Let's start with a 1st, Frolov and... Voinov or Loktionov?

15rumours of the week Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:"Pain and Shame" Phaneuf is no longer the same player. I'd sooner take Sarich, Jokinen and probably a top prospect.

Really? I'd take Phaneuf, but not at the expense of Spezza - yet.

I would take the players I mentioned for Spezza over Phaneuf right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 32]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum