GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

and a few rumours...

+9
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
dennycrane
asq2
PTFlea
caissie_1
PKC
Flo The Action
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:No chance Halak and D'agostini/SK get Giroux.

I'd like to agree but if I'm Montreal I recognize the value of Halak and I don't move him unless I get real value or a premium in return.

If I'm Philly, I understand that I would need to find a way to fit Giroux into a team that has 34.6 million committed to 9 players when his deal is up coupled with the fact that they need an upgrade in goal post-haste.

Seems to fit, unfortunately.

Halak has never proven he can be a starter. If Philly moved for an interim solution in goal, they could get Dwayne or Marty from NYI.

My personal opinion is that a deal with Anaheim, that would see Hiller and Ryan wind up in Philly is more likely than Halak/Price.

hiller stays in anaheim, that`s as simple as that. giguere is the one on the way out.

Try moving Giguere at that salary, not gonna happen. Plus I believe Giguere has a NTC.
i agree that is a hard cap hit to move. but giguere already said he doesn`t want to play second fiddle and will accept to go somewhere else.

62and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'd like to agree but if I'm Montreal I recognize the value of Halak and I don't move him unless I get real value or a premium in return.

If I'm Philly, I understand that I would need to find a way to fit Giroux into a team that has 34.6 million committed to 9 players when his deal is up coupled with the fact that they need an upgrade in goal post-haste.

Halak has never proven he can be a starter. If Philly moved for an interim solution in goal, they could get Dwayne or Marty from NYI.

My personal opinion is that a deal with Anaheim, that would see Hiller and Ryan wind up in Philly is more likely than Halak/Price.

they`ve had biron and let him walk... that aint gonna happen. Halak is an RFA and if good could provide some stability behind the net. he`s been a shinning star in montreal behind a less then defencively good team. the only question in peoples mind is ``can he handle a 60 plus game squedual and stay consistant`` he already behaved much better then price in the playoffs a couple years ago. i say that doesn`t go without being noticed.
He is completely unproven as a number 1. I am not saying Philly wouldn't be interested, more that expecting such a high return for him falls into the same category as Lee for Filatov straight up, or better yet, Matt Stajan for Jeff Carter.

63and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:44 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That would require an almost ridiculous package going back to Anaheim. Like, JvR and Carter.
Both teams need a major shakeup.

I would think Carter and a good prospect not named JvR or Claude Giroux could get it done.

They already sent their other good prospect pieces to Anaheim when they acquired Pronger. Carter and Ryan are IMO very similar in value. IMO, Ryan might even have more value.

So I definitely don't think it would only take a non-Giroux/JvR prospect from Philly (especially since Sbisa is already gone) to get Hiller.

64and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

hiller stays in anaheim, that`s as simple as that. giguere is the one on the way out.

Try moving Giguere at that salary, not gonna happen. Plus I believe Giguere has a NTC.
i agree that is a hard cap hit to move. but giguere already said he doesn`t want to play second fiddle and will accept to go somewhere else.
I forgot to mention that Giguere's numbers are slightly BETTER than Hiller's numbers this year.

65and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

trust me anaheim will go with hiller. he was majic in the playoffs last year and numbers are deceiving it`s the right saves at the right time. giguere has a lower game winning percentage then hiller.

66and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Flo The Action wrote:trust me anaheim will go with hiller. he was majic in the playoffs last year and numbers are deceiving it`s the right saves at the right time. giguere has a lower game winning percentage then hiller.
Not this year:

JG 4-4-5
JH 8-9-2

67and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Flo The Action wrote:trust me anaheim will go with hiller. he was majic in the playoffs last year and numbers are deceiving it`s the right saves at the right time. giguere has a lower game winning percentage then hiller.

You havnt seen Hiller play. The guy has had about 4 months of good NHL hockey, that's it. Hiller has been awful, right now, they need Giguere.

68and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just looking at TSN:

HILLER IS HOT
1-0-1, 2.41, .923 in last 2 GPI

GIGUERE IS NOTEWORTHY
1-0-1, 2.88, .887 in last 2 GPI

69and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Flo The Action wrote:just looking at TSN:

HILLER IS HOT

GIGUERE IS NOTEWORTHY

???

Their record is exactly the same. Ive watched that team all year and Hiller has been awful.

70and a few rumours... - Page 5 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Flo The Action wrote:just looking at TSN:

HILLER IS HOT

GIGUERE IS NOTEWORTHY

Giguere has played 8 of the last 11. That speaks volumes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum