GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

and a few rumours...

+9
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
dennycrane
asq2
PTFlea
caissie_1
PKC
Flo The Action
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Will Phaneuf really be traded? There's a lot of rumours that he's a problem in that locker room and that it's still not getting better even though Sutter is there. But really? And what does NJ have to offer? Elias?

Actually, Elias is an interesting thought in a one-for-one.

Elias, Zajac, some Swedish forward prospects, I guess.

Zajac? I can't see them trading a bonafide core forward like that. Bergfors? I might think about him +, but the perfect fit is Elias. Elias for Phaneuf - sounds pretty fair and pretty nice.

17and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 pm

age?

might want to consider that.

18and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Elias is getting up there so I believe the Devils would have to add a little bit to get Phaneuf like Gohan said...

19and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

phaneuf does make some sense to NJ butthey are coming ou of their injury problems. tri-state... is Atlanta close enough? that could be key to inking kovalchuk in atlanta. bring a guy like phaneuf and they look serious.

20and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

bobby ryan to philly? well it's not like they could pull an offer sheet since the are missing their 1st round picks for a few years... who could they trade...

Ça jase à Philadelphie

Vendredi, 11 Décembre 2009
Par HOCKEY30.com

Ça jase à Philadelphie! Selon les médias de la ville, 16 dépisteurs professionnels étaient présents au Wachovia Center lors du match d'hier (défaite des Flyers 2-0 contre les Sénateurs).
Premièrement, avec la blessure de Ray Emery (absent pour les 6 prochaines semaines), les Flyers seraient à la recherche d'un gardien de but.
Mais le plus important selon les journalistes qui couvrent les activités des Flyers, ce n'est pas d'aller chercher un gardien, mais bien un attaquant de premier plan. En subissant un 3ème blanchissage à leurs 6 derniers matchs, on ne peut pas vraiment les contredire.
Le nom de Bobby Ryan commence à circuler à Philaldelphie. Le jeune attaquant qui a marqué 31 buts en 64 matchs l'an passé revendique 13 filets et 9 passes en 30 matchs cette saison.
Ryan sera joueur autonome avec compensation l'été prochain et les négociations avec les Ducks en vue d'un nouveau contrat ne vont pas très bien.
Le dg des Ducks, Bob Murray, serait-il assez fou pour laisser partir un jeune attaquant si talentueux? Tout va dépendre de ce que les Flyers ont à lui offrir.
À suivre...

21and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How do they know the negociations with Ryan are not going well? and a few rumours... - Page 2 484884

He's still a RFA and they won't trade him before July if it happens.

I'm kinda surprised Philly wants more offense TBH...

22and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm

marakh wrote:How do they know the negociations with Ryan are not going well? and a few rumours... - Page 2 484884

Carter for Ryan.

If things with Ryan are not going well, Philly looking to shake things up that is a trade that would make a lot of sense.

23and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Except Carter is older and more expensive.

24and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:30 pm

asq2 wrote:Except Carter is older and more expensive.

You really push that age thing way, way, way too far. He's 24.

25and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:Except Carter is older and more expensive.

You really push that age thing way, way, way too far. He's 24.

Maybe. I'm just not convinced about Carter for Ryan from Anaheim's perspective. Although JC did hit 46 goals last season.

26and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:27 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:How do they know the negociations with Ryan are not going well? and a few rumours... - Page 2 484884

Carter for Ryan.

If things with Ryan are not going well, Philly looking to shake things up that is a trade that would make a lot of sense.

That's a pretty solid trade value wise. Although with Getzlaf in Anaheim already, it might be superfluous to trade for Carter.

27and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Are you implying that you can have too many Getlafs/Carters and a few rumours... - Page 2 Suspect

28and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

more rumours for you all...
RDS reporting the flyers are interested in Halak(that could be good news for montreal as it would hopefuly bring some thing of value back to help them.

also from ESPN

Mueller has several suitors
Peter Mueller almost went to the Rangers. It could still happen

Flyers eying Turco
The Flyers are eying goalies, but Turco might top their list.

Players want Hitchcock out?

Ken Hitchcock got the vote of confidence.

Blues talking blockbuster

The Blues might be looking to swing a blockbuster trade.

my take, theflyers won't rely on cloutier so something is gonna happen, i say it's halak cuz he's the smallest cap hit and i think montreal could make a 2 maybe 3 million spot on their team....

st-louis thought it was ready to make the playoffs again, they might just make this push.
ken hitchcok out... hahaha no surprise.
muller is old news, it's more of a "when?"

29and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So who is the next coach to go? I thought Murray was the odds-on favorite, but are you saying Hitchcock is now in contention as well?

30and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

St-Louis was the best team in the league from February to April, I think the kids (Berglund, Perron, Oshie, Polak...) are kinda tired.

31and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tired or not, expectation were higher and i'm not gonna be surprised if they want to try and add some pieces.
columbus is in the same position and i bet returning filatov to russia doesn't sit well with everyone there. whenever a team is struggling the coach is nalways put in question.

32and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These "rumours" are interesting to talk about but they are about as far fetched as some of the ones you find on HBuzz aren't they?

- Unknown Author

33and a few rumours... - Page 2 Empty Re: and a few rumours... Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is plain speculation on my part but i have a feeling that Halak will be a flyers by the end of the week.
now apparently holms wants halak and gainey wants a top 6 foward in return. now the news is that's possible but they would need to send someone back with halak.
i think this will work out ad to be honest these are the 2 trades (in my mind) that are likely to happen

to montreal
claude giroux(yes, part of it is cuz he's a frog)

to philly
Halak
d'agostini OR S kostisyn OR Ben Maxwell OR prospect...

OR

to Montreal
scott hartnell

to philly
Halak
max pacioretty or maxwell and pick/prospect.

my reasons: either montreal is trying to get bigger/tougher and hartnell fits the bill, while philly would get some cap relief and aquire some prospects.

the other scenario is MTL is hot for a francophone player that has amazing potential (although he's a little short) and philly want a player in return that can help now or be sent down if need be.

in any cases i doubt we see any D-man involved unless both team send some each other's way.

i could see Simon gagne being involved in a trade also but i hope to hell MTL doesn't surrender to having danny briere come their way(which is what i imagine paul Holm trying to do)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum