GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues

+10
Devo
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
SDH89
shabbs
PTFlea
davetherave
beedub
M_Christopher
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:OK. Touche (dang, can't do ALT-130 to get the accented e with the laptop keyboard for some reason). I was just trying to be witty. And we all know that "There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."
http://www.phespirit.info/montypython/oscar_wilde.htm

Must be Firefox. Smile

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:OK. Touche (dang, can't do ALT-130 to get the accented e with the laptop keyboard for some reason). I was just trying to be witty. And we all know that "There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."

Must be Firefox. Smile

Don't start a holy war. Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 7 555492

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

You must be one of them emacs guys.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Must be Firefox. Smile

Don't start a holy war. Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 7 555492

Tastes great (Firefox)...Less filling (GoogleChrome) Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is this the right thread for an argument ....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:You must be one of them emacs guys.
Laughing3

vi all the way!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Is this the right thread for an argument ....

To be honest I use firefox and googleChrome at home but at work I was only able to slip googleChrome by the security lockdowns. I tried it with Firefox and I couldn't get it installed.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Must be Firefox. Smile

Tastes great (Firefox)...Less filling (GoogleChrome) Ahhhhh!
Actually, I find Chrome uses more memory (more filling) on my system than Firefox does. Everytime I give Chrome a try, I remember why I don't use it (or IE)... seeing all those ads and nasty scripts and flash running around unfettered... can't have that now, can we? Nope.

I also don't like how Chrome doesn't use it's own proxy settings and does not give you full control over the cookies stored on your system like Firefox does. Sure, I may be a control freak, but I have my reasons.

I love my Firefox and and all the plug-ins I use that make browsing the 'net a safe and sane experience.

Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

To be honest I use firefox and googleChrome at home but at work I was only able to slip googleChrome by the security lockdowns. I tried it with Firefox and I couldn't get it installed.

With portable Firefox you don't need to install it. Just put it on a USB flash device and run it from there. I've got shortcuts in my Quick Launch bar that point to "F:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe". I take my USB when I visit my folks in Montreal and I have my mail/addressbook and my browser/bookmarks/history.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

With portable Firefox you don't need to install it. Just put it on a USB flash device and run it from there. I've got shortcuts in my Quick Launch bar that point to "F:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe". I take my USB when I visit my folks in Montreal and I have my mail/addressbook and my browser/bookmarks/history.
Take portability to a whole new level my son...

http://portableapps.com/

Yes. It's good stuff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The only problem is they haven't yet figured plugins. You can't automatically install them like you do with regular Firefox/T-Bird. But it's a relatively small price to pay for this kind of portability (to say nothing of not having to work around IT/security protocols).

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Laughing3

vi all the way!

do not diss vi

:q!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Laughing3

vi all the way!

do not diss vi

:q!
No dissin' here...I love vi.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum