GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues

+10
Devo
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
SDH89
shabbs
PTFlea
davetherave
beedub
M_Christopher
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Clutchie, dude, Apollo? Really? Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887

Please tell me it was the 70s and you were a Battlestar Galactica fan. Except I don't think you are old enough, so it would have been Galactica '80, in which case Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887 again. Twice, in fact Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887 Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887 .

Way off. I'll give you a hint. I'm a south paw.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Hahahahaha. He needed to get a carpet cleaner in.

He can't be getting very good blasting rolling on carpet tho ... This would work (dangerously) better on hard wood flooring Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 235689

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:
Devo wrote:Can you please edit your blog to include that there is a 5th rule. It's actually the most important rule to me and it's that you should never wear the jersey of a team not playing in the freaking building that night to a game.

Don't show up to a Washington v Ottawa game wearing your Montreal Canadians or New Jersey sweater (edit if you're a kid wearing the jersey of the team you play for, then fine)!

For the love of god, if you show up wearing a A.I. jersey or a Roger Clemmons Sweater I'll personally punch you in the gunger...

Absolutely! I 100% agree... the last game was up for against the Bruins, I had two idiots in front of me wearing a Leafs jersey and a Habs jersey respectively... I have more than enough Sens jersey's at home to clothe all of Section 308... give me a call guys.

The best one I ever saw was Ottawa v. Pittsburgh in 2007, and some guy was wearing a (kids size it seemed) Chicago Chelios jersey... made no sense.

~MFP2 (apparently)

It gets worst. I've seen idiots wearing Leafs jersey at an Ottawa / Boston (or whatever) game and they were screaming GO LEAFS GO !!! How damn stupid can you be?

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

TheAvatar wrote:It gets worst. I've seen idiots wearing Leafs jersey at an Ottawa / Boston (or whatever) game and they were screaming GO LEAFS GO !!! How damn stupid can you be?

Well, isn't that a prerequisite to be a Leafs fan? Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. Leafs jerseys seem to pop up in playoff games too. Needless to say, the Leafs aren't playing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Clutchie, dude, Apollo? Really? Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887

Please tell me it was the 70s and you were a Battlestar Galactica fan. Except I don't think you are old enough, so it would have been Galactica '80, in which case Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887 again. Twice, in fact Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887 Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 489887 .

Rocky was a southpaw; was Creed one as well?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Rocky was a southpaw; was Creed one as well?
Creed was not a southpaw.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So we're back to square one. I only have 2 pop-culture references for Apollo from the '80s, and if it's not Galactica and not Rocky, I'm at a loss. That "southpaw" clue reeks of Rocky, but The Italian Stallion was the lefty in that particular match up. Was there a let-handed pitcher nicknamed Apollo?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Google, but I don't think this is it either:
The only astronaut to fly in all three space programs, Mercury, Gemini and Apollo, was left-handed Wally Schirra.

But I might start to calling Clutch "Wally" as punishment for making me work so hard
Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 555492

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:So we're back to square one. I only have 2 pop-culture references for Apollo from the '80s, and if it's not Galactica and not Rocky, I'm at a loss. That "southpaw" clue reeks of Rocky, but The Italian Stallion was the lefty in that particular match up. Was there a let-handed pitcher nicknamed Apollo?

Rocky is where the Apollo comes from. The friend who nicknamed me is also a lefty so we both loved watching the Rocky movies. My name is Paul so...A Paul O.

Edit: So no Creed was not a lefty but the inspiration for the nickname came from Apollo Creed and not the god and not the guy from Galactica.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and btw I did like watching Battle Star Galactica with Lorne Green as Captain.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Oh and btw I did like watching Battle Star Galactica with Lorne Green as Captain.

The original came out in '78 -- you would have been, what, 5-6? The 1980 update (they find Earth, they see flying motorcycles, hilarity does not ensue). You would have beenold-enough to watch it, but to say you "did like watching" it would be a stretch.

S, yeah, sure ... Wally Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 270956

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Oh and btw I did like watching Battle Star Galactica with Lorne Green as Captain.

The original came out in '78 -- you would have been, what, 5-6? The 1980 update (they find Earth, they see flying motorcycles, hilarity does not ensue). You would have beenold-enough to watch it, but to say you "did like watching" it would be a stretch.

S, yeah, sure ... Wally Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 270956

You mean to say there was no such thing as re-runs back in the 80's? I guess I can't say I really liked watching the Dukes of Hazard either based on your criteria but I did.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK. Touche (dang, can't do ALT-130 to get the accented e with the laptop keyboard for some reason). I was just trying to be witty. And we all know that "There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."
http://www.phespirit.info/montypython/oscar_wilde.htm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and I really like the original Star Trek. Watch out though because I wasn't even born yet when that one went off the air.

Figure that one out. Vertigo

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:OK. Touche (dang, can't do ALT-130 to get the accented e with the laptop keyboard for some reason). I was just trying to be witty. And we all know that "There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."

Must be Firefox. Smile

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:OK. Touche (dang, can't do ALT-130 to get the accented e with the laptop keyboard for some reason). I was just trying to be witty. And we all know that "There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."

Must be Firefox. Smile

Don't start a holy war. Cap'n Clutch gets under the skin of the 6th Sens - A whole blog ensues - Page 6 555492

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You must be one of them emacs guys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum