GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blog: Sens Development Camp Day 2

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back for Day 2;

Quick note: Congrats to Lazar, Hogberg and Shore for their invites to their respective World Jr. Programs (Sweden, Canada, America)

I apologize if anything comes across redundant, but it is a training camp.

Managed to get updates on the two players absent from camp despite being on the camp roster, both updates I put on twitter early.

Jakub Culek – Will miss camp after having shoulder surgery apparently.

Chris Driedger – As per one of the Sens brass (not exactly sure his name), Driedger is out with a “very very very very very minor, and I mean very very minor injury.” His words not mine. So Driedger is just being sat as a precaution at the moment.

Maiden and Stone skated alone again today; Stone is still recovering from a high ankle sprain.

Cody Ceci – I was very unimpressed yesterday, and to be honest the day didn’t start better for Ceci. That being said, Ceci showed off some strong back-skating and did look more comfortable. More importantly when scrimmages started Ceci came alive, so I’ll just assume Ceci is just a lousy drills guy, but very capable when it’s time to play. Looked strong battling in front of the net, and had a couple good hits during scrimmage.

Ryan Dzingel - Has decent acceleration and a high compete level. Didn’t see much of him today beyond that.

Curtis Lazar – Didn’t watch much of him today. His wrist shot is powerful though. He spent a lot of his time on the far end of the ice.

Fredrik Claesson – Another good day for Claesson. He is very strong 1-on-1 and in front of his net. His skating is what really makes him standout, considering that was the big knock on him in the past. Very smooth transition from forecheck to backcheck.

Marcus Hogberg – Oh boy he is fun to watch. He is very hard to beat low, and has a very strong scramble. Hogberg seems like he has great vision and at times looked unbeatable. He is very sound positionally, and will be a force once he fills out. He’s worth watching if you go to the camp.

Buddy Robinson – Again very impressive skating for a guy his size. Struggled to receive passes a bit, but then showed up some slick hands when in tight. Definitely looks like a great option parked in front of the net.

Jeff Costello – Looks well rounded, and average in all situations so far. Did display a couple real nice snipes, and has a fairly consistent, accuracy-wise, shot.

Tobias Lindberg – Looked much more comfortable today, displaying very smooth side-to-side movement and better skating. Was strong 1-on-1 and elusive/creative with puck, similar to Patrick Kane’s style of dekeing.

Chris Leblanc – Seems like a lunchpail type forward, he has done nothing flashy or particularly special, however I always notice when he’s active in drills; Just something about him.

Quentin Shore – Had a tough start today, fell a few times and skating seemed off – may just be an equipment issue. Despite the issues, he has a very high compete level and was strong with his defensive play.

Tim Boyle – Only note I have on him, is that he needs to fill out and get stronger, which will come in time.

Matt Puempel – Was very streaky today, which is weird to say about a player at camp. One minute he was dominate and take deadly snipes on net, the next minute completely outmatched by other prospects.

Michael Sdao – Very physical today, and was enjoying every minute of the scrimmage for the sole purpose of hitting others. Good to see another D-man with a physical edge. Another guy I need to watch more of.

Shane Prince – Was sluggish to start the afternoon, but like Ceci, turned up his effort level once the scrimmages started. Looked like he tweaked his ankle mid-afternoon but stayed on and kept playing.

Vince Dunn – Had lots of 1-on-1 on ice-coaching, which is only odd until you find out he’s only 17. Need to watch more of him, but conditioning seemed off today.

J.G. Pageau – Not much more needs to be said about Pageau. Far and away the fastest guy at camp in my opinion, and he absolutely owned Claesson 1-on-1.

Cole Schneider – Among one of the guys to impress Sens brass so far, Schneider has apparently had a strong camp so far. Didn’t see much of him until the scrimmages, where he clearly hurt his groin. He was wincing in pain and favoring his left side, but managed to continue with the drills. I thought it was odd no coaching staff went aside to check on him.

On-Ice Workouts

Just a few unorganized notes from the Sens On-Ice Workouts (Resistance training, Puckhandling, balance training etc…)

Ceci and Noesen are very strong back-skaters. Ceci in just pure strength and Noesen looked like he was exploding from the boards.

Puempel, while not explosive or dominant at back-skating, was very smooth at it. Looked very effortless.

Lindberg – Needs to get stronger, but has a very good initial stride both ways.

Buddy Robinson continues to impress me. He is a very smooth all-around skater.

Dzingel has a deceivingly quick 3 steps.

Lazar didn’t look explosive in any skating drill, but was smooth all around in them.

Harpur – Strong legs and very good balance to go with it.

Robinson and DaSilva paired off to do the various workstations together, and they look like monsters together. Robinson looks bigger than DaSilva, who is listed at 6’6” 230.

Lingdberg and Zibanejad paired off for drills, seems like the coaching staff wants this mentorship to go all camp.

Lazar had a coach/trainer with him at ever drill/activity talking him through everything and working with him 1-on-1. Clear the Sens organization want to maximize Lazar’s camp experience. Erkamps was Lazar’s partner, so he was the beneficiary of extra coaching to.

Day 3 goes tomorrow. I’ll be back again.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121
Share this post on: reddit

Ev

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 pm by Ev

Claesson is hilarious

PTFlea

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 pm by PTFlea

Great to have these blogs. Thanks a lot Mark.

Cole Schneider might never make the NHL, but he's always been someone I've kept an eye on. Hopefully he continues to develop and gets a call up at some point, although its a longshot.

tim1_2

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 am by tim1_2

Thanks again for the updates....a PLUS for you, good sir!

I enjoy hearing about Buddy Robinson. Great name for a tough guy.

M_Christopher

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:40 pm by M_Christopher

Thanks guys, going to skip today's camp, too frustrated with todays events.

SeawaySensFan

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm by SeawaySensFan

M_Christopher wrote:Thanks guys, going to skip today's camp, too frustrated with todays events.

Remember when we were looking forward to Free Agent Frenzy, full of hopes and dreams? Laugh1 Laughing3 

wprager

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm by wprager

M_Christopher wrote:Thanks guys, going to skip today's camp, too frustrated with todays events.

Remember when Spezza had back surgery, then Karlsson got Cooked, then Andy went down and Michalek had knee surgery? This isn't worse than those combined. We still made the playoffs and even won a round.

This isn't the end of the world; just the end of an era.

PTFlea

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:59 pm by PTFlea

wprager wrote:

Remember when Spezza had back surgery, then Karlsson got Cooked, then Andy went down and Michalek had knee surgery?  This isn't worse than those combined.  We still made the playoffs and even won a round.  

This isn't the end of the world; just the end of an era.

It's worth remembering this for sure.

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:38 pm by DirtyDave

Day 3?!

SensHulk

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 pm by SensHulk

Soo what happens to noesen? Does he participate till the end date of this combine or is he immediately out?

wprager

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:11 pm by wprager

Michallica wrote:Soo what happens to noesen? Does he participate till the end date of this combine or is he immediately out?

He's already gone, and will be participating in the scrimmage tonight in Anaheim.

Daniel Slater ‏@dslatertv

Wasted no time getting to his new digs, he'll be a good one RT @AnaheimDucks Stefan Noesen (@stefannoesen) is playing in today's scrimmage.

wprager

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:04 pm by wprager

Noesen doesn't waste time, does he:

Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks

The White team wins the shootout, 2-1. Noesen and Theodore with the goals for White. Thompson had the only score for Black team.

rooneypoo

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:10 pm by rooneypoo

wprager wrote:Noesen doesn't waste time, does he:

The White team wins the shootout, 2-1. Noesen and Theodore with the goals for White. Thompson had the only score for Black team.

Ugh, Noesen and Silfverberg. I'm excited to have Ryan here and there's no question that something like this had to be done, especially after Alfie walked, but man we paid a steep price. Both those guys could be top 6 players putting up 50+ points a year, and in relatively short order.

tim1_2

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:24 pm by tim1_2

rooneypoo wrote:

Ugh, Noesen and Silfverberg. I'm excited to have Ryan here and there's no question that something like this had to be done, especially after Alfie walked, but man we paid a steep price. Both those guys could be top 6 players putting up 50+ points a year, and in relatively short order.

Time will tell. The Sens absolutely had to make this trade yesterday, and Anaheim probably knew that. I think we got the best player, but combined, the three assets Anaheim got might end up with more value.

LeCaptain

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:31 pm by LeCaptain

rooneypoo wrote:

Then again, if Ryan gets 70 pts and we have one of Pageau, Puempel or Stone getting 40-60 each, we are a better team. Maybe if Noesen and Silfverberg stayed here they don't get 1st PP opportunities.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum