GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

+18
sidstu
Cap'n Clutch
Sens19
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
davetherave
Hoags
asq2
LeCaptain
Vandelay
jamvan
PKC
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
PTFlea
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

I would be shocked if he got 60 in The West. When was the last time anyone got 60 goals in the Western Conferance? The guy that came close was Cheechoo, other then that....?

0.1% chance Heatley get 60, I think it's a stretch to say he will get 50.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

Put me down for 50+. He's got something to prove. I don't think he'll hit 60 but somewhere between 50-60. He's happy, on a good team, with something to prove. I also think the sharks will get bounced in the first or second round.

I predict:

Heatley gets 45
Michalek gets 30
Cheechoo gets 15

Even trade.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He'll probably be on pace for 60, before Dustin Brown or TJ Oshie send him on IR for a month.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It's not tremendously far-fetched. When Thornton moved to the West he racked up points on a ridiculous level because they weren't sure how to defend against him.

A similar thing could happen with Heatley. I don't think he'll score 60, but I think 50 definitely isn't out of the debate.

PKC wrote:Emery is on crack if he thinks Heatley will score 60 in the Western conference in one of the most challenging divisions in the NHL. People forget that although Heatley is a former 50 goal scorer, that he only achieved those milestones two years in a row in the last game of the season. In one game he even needed 2 goals to reach the 50 mark plateau.

He WON'T get 60! I'm even willing to bet he'll get closer to 40 than he will 50.

But Heatley played motivated in those last 12-15 games of each season so that he could reach 50...and he put up something like .75-.80 gpg pace. Given that he'll be playing motivated right up until Jan.1, he could conceivably be on a 70 goal pace by the mid-point of the season.

I'm not saying he'll do it, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out. He looked better in the red-white game (off-season form) than he did last year during the stretch (mid-season form)... His recent past performance is irrelevant to the discussion, so it turns to whether he can stay healthy and stay motivated---both huge questions marks, but we can't say for sure that he won't do either

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley's been shut down before (SCF '07) so I don't think it'll take long for teams to watch for the inevitable Thornton-Heatley passes and shut them down.

Not a surprising prediction, Emery has been sticking up for Dany the whole summer.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

No, no...Ray meant that Dany's going to score sixty times this season. Nothing to with hockey. Everything to do with the puck bunnies in San Jose...'Silicone Valley', nudge nudge, wink wink.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Heatley's been shut down before (SCF '07) so I don't think it'll take long for teams to watch for the inevitable Thornton-Heatley passes and shut them down.

Not a surprising prediction, Emery has been sticking up for Dany the whole summer.

Getzlaf and Perry are already licking their chops to shut down the big softies on SJ. Not to mention D.Brown, Doughty, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg (I pity them for having to deal with 2 guys who work both sides of the puck like they do) - and so on and so on. I guess Danny and Jumbo Joe can take some solace in the fact that Pronger and Chara are in the East.

25Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 2 Empty Emerys predictions Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

In the Ottawa Citizen, Emery says Heatley will "for sure" score 60 goals this year.

Does San Jose play Phillie 20 times this year??

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah really. I think Emery can do well, but at the same time...he'll always be a question mark.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wait...were Heatley and Emery close maybe? If so, then Heatley may have been pissed when Emery was traded, and Mez and Grats (you know? Ahhhhh! ). I'll be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if that came out. No sober person would have wreaked the havoc on everyone that Heatley did this summer - not to mention the damage to his career.

Yeah that probably has a lot to do with it SD

Don't forget redden

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:Yeah that probably has a lot to do with it SD

Don't forget redden

Do you actually think so?

SpezDispenser wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Yeah that probably has a lot to do with it SD

Don't forget redden

Do you actually think so?
about redden? I never saw him doing it, but his game just tanked. Maybe it was the game passing him by? I dunno. I've heard rumours...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:about redden? I never saw him doing it, but his game just tanked. Maybe it was the game passing him by? I dunno. I've heard rumours...

Oh no, I know Redden did 'it', there's no question about that whatsoever, I meant do you think it possible that Heatley were close to these guys? It was a passing thought, but maybe it actually holds water.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

he meant six keys, not six-ty.....

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:he meant six keys, not six-ty.....

Six key goals? That's more of a stretch.Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 2 668437 Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 2 455378

Actually, as I recall CASH was clutch in the clutch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum