GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year

+9
asq2
wprager
jamvan
SensGirl11
SensFan71
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

POLL: How many goals for Heatley to make you less upset?

POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_lcap20%POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_lcap212%POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_lcap236%POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_rcap2 36% [ 9 ]
POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_lcap232%POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_rcap2 32% [ 8 ]
POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_lcap220%POLL: How many goals would it take for you to be happy with Heatley this year Vote_rcap2 20% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty much assuming that Heatley gets 1 assist for every goal he scored (or roundabout that). After all that he's put us through, how many goals would it take for this to be a 'good' year for him?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good isn't good enough. Gotta be 50, at the VERY least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Good isn't good enough. Gotta be 50, at the VERY least.

I think the same thing.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Here's my idea for a poll: how many polls and threads have we wasted on Dany Heatley?

Peter Schaefer Surre

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Here's my idea for a poll: how many polls and threads have we wasted on Dany Heatley?

Peter Schaefer Surre

Well...let's be fair...it's not really a waste, we have space coming out the ying-yang here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't score less than 55 Dany...it won't be cool.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

voted for between 50 to 55, he might not think it, but he owes us that much for this horrid offseason.

Sophomore
Sophomore

I would be happy if he scored 15 goals...........for the San Jose Sharks!!!!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I voted for 50-55. He better not have another Dung season if he's still here. I expect him to be his usual 50 goal self or even better.

Please make it so he's not here anymore, I don't think I could ever look at his face again, I hate him way too much.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:I would be happy if he scored 15 goals...........for the San Jose Sharks!!!!

:##: DancingBanana

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:I would be happy if he scored 15 goals...........for the San Jose Sharks!!!!

that would be nice, but likely? well I guess time shall tell. Camps start when again in September?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Score the Cup winner in game 7 and I will forgive him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:Here's my idea for a poll: how many polls and threads have we wasted on Dany Heatley?

Peter Schaefer Surre

With that kind of attitude we'll never call you MR.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Honestly, I don't really care about the goal total. Dany's problem (and frankly Spezza's, as much as we have been deifying him recently) is that his contribution to the team hasn't really gone beyond the numbers.

I find it funny that he complains that he's not killing penalties, because I'm also pissed off that he isn't. Of course, the difference is that I feel he should earn his PKing, and he feels it should be handed to him.

With Hossa's arrival, Hank Z's numbers dropped from 43 goals and 92 points to 31 and 72, but you won't see many Wings fans cursing his name because he provides so much to the team in other ways.

Kovalev's addition gives us the best non-CASH forward we've had since Havlat played like 5 games for us in 2005-2006 (sorry Cory S). Coupled with the emergence of Foligno and his chemistry with Fisher and Shannon, and the potential addition of Regin to at least partially fill Vermette's shoes, this could be one of the deepest forward corps offensively that we've had since that season.

Granted, the defence we have coming into this season isn't close to Chara, good Redden, good Meszaros, Phillips, Volchenkov and Pothier, but nevertheless we should have quite a bit of scoring support for Spezza and Heatley.

So, for me to be happy, I would want to see 19 and 15 follow more in the foot-steps of 11 - namely, for them to come into camp in good shape, be physical, pay attention to all areas of the ice, not give up on plays, and keep their feet moving.

What I don't want to see is Heatley just lurching around the ice with his stick pointed at the rafters, or Spezza losing the puck trying to deke into the blue-line and then being the last Senator back on defence, even if Heatley swats his way to 50 and Spezza converts Alfredsson's tireless work ethic into 60 assists for himself.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All good points there Asq.

I was wondering the other day if Alfie has taken Spezza aside and started teaching him exactly what he needs to do to become a Selke-type center. I would if I were Alfie. Why not? Now Spezza's here for good and he's very willing to learn.

Or maybe he has been and it'll slowly start to show.

But yes, if Heatley were to become a great 2-way player, he could score 30 goals and be of the same value to us. Problem is, he's really slow and he's gonna get slower when his surgically repaired knee starts to disintegrate, so the possibility of him being an attacking PKer are limited IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum