GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poll: Where Will Heatley Go?

+25
BigRig
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
Sens4thecup
jamvan
rooneypoo
duffyforever
caissie_1
Vandelay
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
shabbs
wprager
TeamRenzo
Mojo
PKC
Urkie
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
davetherave
LethalLehner
dennycrane
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Where Will Heatley Be Traded?

Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap22%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap211%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap28%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 8% [ 4 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap29%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap22%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap24%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap245%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 45% [ 24 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap26%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 3 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap20%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_lcap213%Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 53

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 24]

1Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I can't put in 29 teams, so I put in my best guesses. So set aside the hatred and let's try and figure out where Dany Heatley will play next year.

My vote is for Minnesota, as they already have a "headache" in Brent Burns. Burns is the type of top d-man that Murray seems to be after, and Minnesota is a market that has to satisfy a fan base yearning for offence.

I see an 8 or 9 asset trade going down between these teams, just before the first round of the entry draft.

2Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Too much talk about LA. Where there is smoke there is fire.

3Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I really wonder whether this deal will get done before training camp in September.

There are a number of questions pertaining to Heatley's 4MM bonus, his NMC/NTC and the term of the contract which may prove to be stumbling blocks in the discussion.

Then there is the matter of getting sufficient value in return. Bryan Murray has already stated he wants to get the best deal, and he apprears to be ready to be patient.

By doing so, he also increases his bargaining position, not only vis a vis Heatley accepting the trade offered rather facing the prospect of being in Ottawa this fall; but also has Heatley on the market after the UFA smoke clears and a GM wanting that scoring power decides he's ready to take Heater on board.

But who knows...
Shrug

4Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Watch it be Buffalo or some team we'd never have dreamed of. :^^^^:

5Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:I really wonder whether this deal will get done before training camp in September.

There are a number of questions pertaining to Heatley's 4MM bonus, his NMC/NTC and the term of the contract which may prove to be stumbling blocks in the discussion.

Then there is the matter of getting sufficient value in return. Bryan Murray has already stated he wants to get the best deal, and he apprears to be ready to be patient.

By doing so, he also increases his bargaining position, not only vis a vis Heatley accepting the trade offered rather facing the prospect of being in Ottawa this fall; but also has Heatley on the market after the UFA smoke clears and a GM wanting that scoring power decides he's ready to take Heater on board.

But who knows...
Shrug

I think Murray's going to get a deal done quickly. He knows that the longer the wait, the more likely it is that the fanbase goes insane with anticipation. Wink

I hope this doesn't drag on or get ugly. Although some would say it already has.

6Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think we all want Heatley to go to NYI, Tampa, or Colorado for their 1st round pick, but I can't see any of those scenarios happening. I also can't see Toronto, Anaheim, Washington, Atlanta, or Phoenix.

7Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:I think we all want Heatley to go to NYI, Tampa, or Colorado for their 1st round pick, but I can't see any of those scenarios happening. I also can't see Toronto, Anaheim, Washington, Atlanta, or Phoenix.

Well, we did see those rumours/proposals based around Corey Perry.

I'm quite confident you won't see him in Buffalo, Boston, Montreal, Detroit, Carolina or Florida.

A lot of Western teams seem fair game though. I could see Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Minny (please), St. Louis, San Jose, even Dallas.

If Columbus wasn't so strapped for cash, maybe them too.

8Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:07 pm

My head says Calgary, but I'm hoping for LA

9Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I need to put a word filter in here that turns Minny or Minnesota into Not Gonna Happen, so I won't be crushed...when it doesn't happen.

10Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:44 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anaheim has arguably the best line in the league, why would they trade PErry who has way less cap hit?

11Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:47 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Anaheim has arguably the best line in the league, why would they trade PErry who has way less cap hit?

Because we asked politely.

12Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Anaheim GM, at a Ducks season ticket holder event, said that Heatley was not an option. It could be all BS, but I can't see the Ducks going for him.

13Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Like I said...don't be surprised if Heatley isn't moved before the fall.

Bryan Murray has said he is not going to let Dany go on Dany's terms...but on Bryan's terms.

14Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:Anaheim has arguably the best line in the league, why would they trade PErry who has way less cap hit?

Because we asked politely.

Can we ask Getzlaf politely too? Sarcasm

15Poll:  Where Will Heatley Go? Empty Re: Poll: Where Will Heatley Go? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Where will Heatley go? Diddle himself?

I don't care where, as long as we get our pacakage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 24]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum