GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

+18
sidstu
Cap'n Clutch
Sens19
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
davetherave
Hoags
asq2
LeCaptain
Vandelay
jamvan
PKC
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
PTFlea
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big bold prediction by Emery...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/09/21/heatley-will-score-60-goals-emery.aspx

We shall see...

EDIT: Link to full article: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/2009-09-18/qa-new-flyers-g-ray-emery

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He better score 60 - and the Sharks had better not be bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs - or he and Wilson and probably the coach are in deep Dung.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Big bold prediction by Emery...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/09/21/heatley-will-score-60-goals-emery.aspx

We shall see...

Is Emery back on the blow? Heatley scoring that many goals in the west will not happen, he will be a target more than a player.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People are putting too much into Heatley playing with "Jumbo Joe". Spezza is no slouch either.

I think it's more likely that Michalek sets career highs than Heatley would.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

60 goals in the West? Hell, Ovechkin couldn't do it. Maybe Emery is talking about NHL10.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:People are putting too much into Heatley playing with "Jumbo Joe". Spezza is no slouch either.

Agreed with that, but I can still see Heatley scoring a tonne of goals.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Emery is on crack if he thinks Heatley will score 60 in the Western conference in one of the most challenging divisions in the NHL. People forget that although Heatley is a former 50 goal scorer, that he only achieved those milestones two years in a row in the last game of the season. In one game he even needed 2 goals to reach the 50 mark plateau.

He WON'T get 60! I'm even willing to bet he'll get closer to 40 than he will 50.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:People are putting too much into Heatley playing with "Jumbo Joe". Spezza is no slouch either.

I agree with that statement, and Cheechoo will have a rebound year too, he looks good out on the ice, just seems to be squeezing the stick a bit too tight.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:

I agree with that statement, and Cheechoo will have a rebound year too, he looks good out on the ice, just seems to be squeezing the stick a bit too tight.

Also, I find "Jumbo Joe" is a ridiculous nickname so, um, yeah. Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season 807786

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heatley will get 60... bitch slaps from the thugs in the West.

Laughing3

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Also, I find "Jumbo Joe" is a ridiculous nickname so, um, yeah. Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season 807786

I think it has something to do with his stick size, umm, not that I know that personally though Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season 523624

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Big bold prediction by Emery...

We shall see...

Is Emery back on the blow? Heatley scoring that many goals in the west will not happen, he will be a target more than a player.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him score 60.

I would be shocked if he got 60 in The West. When was the last time anyone got 60 goals in the Western Conferance? The guy that came close was Cheechoo, other then that....?

0.1% chance Heatley get 60, I think it's a stretch to say he will get 50.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Put me down for 50+. He's got something to prove. I don't think he'll hit 60 but somewhere between 50-60. He's happy, on a good team, with something to prove. I also think the sharks will get bounced in the first or second round.

I predict:

Heatley gets 45
Michalek gets 30
Cheechoo gets 15

Even trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum