GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Score Forecaster Predicts the East

+6
The Silfer Server
asq2
SensGirl11
shabbs
SensFan71
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Washington
4. Pittsburgh
5. NYR
6. Toronto
7. Ottawa
8. Tampa Bay
-------------------
9. Atlanta
10. Habs
11. Buffalo
12. Carolina
13. New Jersey
14. Florida
15. NYI

A little weak to be honest. The Rangers aren't that good, the Devils aren't that bad. Carolina isn't that bad, Toronto and Tampa Bay aren't that good.

And honestly Ottawa isn't that good either.

2The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I tend to agree more with the Hockey News putting us around 9th, even though I hate that, no good draft pick and no playoffs either. Maybe they are basing it on a huge return for Heatley if he is ever moved (not bloody likely though)

3The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs in 6th? What? Is Toskala gonna score some goals for them?

4The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

okay I didn't notice the Leafs in 6th, this must be paid for by the MLSE, I agree with the top 4 though, some of the positions may be interchangeable though.

5The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Wow, WTH? Very odd predictions, can't take it seriously at all. The NYR imo, are not going to end up anywhere near a playoff spot, unless Lundqvist wins every single game and Gaborik doesn't get injured again (good luck with that).

Gaborik is going to have a heck of a time against Pronger and Chara amongst others, and since he is the only NYR threat, they will be ALL OVER HIM and he WILL get hurt again. That's what I think anyway. You couldn't be made more out of glass than he is.

6The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:56 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Wow. Talk about going out on a limb. The Eastern Conference Finalists in 12th place?

7The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:59 am

In all honesty, predicting Ottawa at this point is impossible.

If Heatley is traded, then sure go ahead and predict. If Heatley stays, there are too many variables with regard to chemistry and distractions.

I will say that if Heatley returns AND plays his normal game AND chemistry issues don't arise, then the Sens should challenge for 4-5 in the conference at the very least.

8The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:06 am

I think while Philly's D is much improved, you can't discount the loss of Knuble and Lupul, who combined for 52 goals.

9The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:okay I didn't notice the Leafs in 6th, this must be paid for by the MLSE, I agree with the top 4 though, some of the positions may be interchangeable though.

But the top 4 are slam dunks, they're easy. It's the rest that separates the good magazines from the toilet paper. And so far, this looks like good old TP to me.

10The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:33 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:okay I didn't notice the Leafs in 6th, this must be paid for by the MLSE, I agree with the top 4 though, some of the positions may be interchangeable though.

But the top 4 are slam dunks, they're easy. It's the rest that separates the good magazines from the toilet paper. And so far, this looks like good old TP to me.

I agree more with the Score Forescaster Player Predictions than I do with the Hockey News ones. Layout is better too. Overall, quite impressed with it. They both, however, think Foligno will be good for 45 pts this year.

11The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I agree more with the Score Forescaster Player Predictions than I do with the Hockey News ones. Layout is better too. Overall, quite impressed with it. They both, however, think Foligno will be good for 45 pts this year.

That sounds about right, but I think he could have more than that. We'll see. Smile

12The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Oh yeah, it also depends who he will be playing with. I have a feeling he'll see some top line minutes this year.

13The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That sounds about right, but I think he could have more than that. We'll see. Smile

hopefully Foligno will see some power play minutes too, can't imagine why not. The kid needs to be put in all scenarios as he has proved his worthiness through his attitude and work ethic.

14The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

hopefully Foligno will see some power play minutes too, can't imagine why not. The kid needs to be put in all scenarios as he has proved his worthiness through his attitude and work ethic.

Absolutely, I think that he and Shannon are the most energectic young lads we have on the team. They always want to play and they're always ready to play. I love those guys!

15The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Empty Re: The Score Forecaster Predicts the East Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:

Is it on newstands already? I'll have to pick it up - I can't stay away from these hockey magazine. Great reading for the crapper (and other places obviously).

Foligno at 45 points...well, let's say he gets 25 goals this year - which I think is getting into the realm of possibility personally. He's likely to have more goals than he does assist, so 20 assists isn't out of the question.

It's more the 25 goals that worth noting. As he gets older, he'll be more of a patient player, for now he's like a bull in a china shop, which is good. Great net drive etc. If he's on Spezza's line, he'll be cleaning up the trash, if he's on Fisher's line with Kovalev, he might actually assist a bit more, but his goal totals will be down to 22 or so.

Still - a good year coming for our young man. And hopefully a glimpse into the future (Ryan Clowe?) of what he's going to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum