GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

+18
sidstu
Cap'n Clutch
Sens19
mattshock
Number Twenty Nine
davetherave
Hoags
asq2
LeCaptain
Vandelay
jamvan
PKC
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
PTFlea
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Likewise.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hossa was my favourite Sens player so my view of that trade is biased. I've always prefered Hossa to Heatley so I can't give you an objective view over who is the better player. In that trade we certainly took the bigger risk and also paid less money.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

sidstu wrote:CC--i understand but i wish we had this debate when he was doing well with the sens, when i hear what a great player heatley is by all the media--when i'm at the scotiabanlk place sens fans are asked who is your favorite player i hear 70 percent of the times danny heatley--in bars danny heatley is one of the best players in the NHL, what a steal for the sens when we traded hossa for heatley blah blah blah

this debate is over

The debate ended because you believe what you hear in bars? Neato.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's the link Sidstu -

http://www.gmhockey.com/general-hockey-talk-f49/nhl-standings-for-09-10-season-heading-into-the-playoffs-t3343.htm

What are you trying to do? Anger the guy Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 455378 No one had MTL in the playoffs! Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 668437

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 668437 . Seriously though he was asking about predictions and some members were willing to write them down so I thought he'd like to see them. Also he's a big critic of the Habs and Gainey so I don't think he'd be too upset about predicting that they miss the playoffs.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sidstu wrote:wprager--he hasn't lost anything--he is a top 10 if not top 5 player in the NHL--would you be saying this about him if he didn't ask to be traded

I was saying this about him last year. Look for my posts talking about his "Statue of Liberty" play, raising his stick to the rafters, like he was trying to pick out a spot to retire his number.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
sidstu wrote:N4L--yeah ok st. louis is better than heatley and i'm not responding to your comments b/c in the end i'm the one thats going get suspended b/c it seems you can make personal attacks and get away with it so its not woth getting into it with you--its a waste of time

cap n clutch--i hear what you are saying--i wouldn't give heatley no A--i would just tell him go out score goals--i agree with you--he's not a great leader but i'm talking about his scoring abilities

No personal attacks there. A little sensative?

St. Louis has done more then Heatley ever will in the NHL and is still one of the most dangerous players in the game. Thanks.

Saying "who are you" was certainly personal when put in the context.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Oh ya, he's just killing out west. Tied with Cheechoo in scoring, heads up west coast, here comes Heatley. Talk to me when he actually scores one a goal.

Stats don't tell the whole story Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 455378

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Oh ya, he's just killing out west. Tied with Cheechoo in scoring, heads up west coast, here comes Heatley. Talk to me when he actually scores one a goal.

Stats don't tell the whole story Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 455378

Read through all the comments. The thread is about Heatley scoring 60 goals, so that's what Im talking about. Pretty simple.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
spader wrote:

Neely, I gotta point out that on another thread you just trashed stats counting. Not only that, but you specifically trashed pre-season stats counting. Which way are you playing it? Stats only count when they favour your argument?

On the flipside, if you're using stats to counter a stats argument, I can understand. Barring that, you're really on both sides of the fence.

That's what both guys are supposed to be doing though. Scoring goals and producing. My point about the stats were that they do not tell the whole story but in a thread about stats and Heatley scoring 50, he should probably start with one.

What's Kovalev's job? Certainly not to be the scoring leader here, and not to be a heart-and-soul player. My point (about Kovalev) was that he's doing exactly what was expected when we signed him -- providing secondary scoring while not really playing consistently.

Now, Fisher, there's a guy who's not at all doing what was expected of him. Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 Icon_cool

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:As for my prediction, I say he get about 42 goals, why not.

Finally, something we can agree on!

(Although I picked Thornton in the pool, so I am a bit conflicted.)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

Read through all the comments. The thread is about Heatley scoring 60 goals, so that's what Im talking about. Pretty simple.

Oh, please, Neely, you're better than that. I'm just ribbing you and you know it. I expected a "Yeah, well, haha" response, frankly.

Im honestly studying and reading through the comments 1/2 way. Honestly didnt even pick it up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Im honestly studying and reading through the comments 1/2 way. Honestly didnt even pick it up.

Studying? You're 82, man! No time left to study, ya gotta do stuff before you croak.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Im honestly studying and reading through the comments 1/2 way. Honestly didnt even pick it up.

Studying? You're 82, man! No time left to study, ya gotta do stuff before you croak.

he's already done the blonde twins thing, next it's sisters at the same time, he's Hugh, living the dream. Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 668437

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

he's already done the blonde twins thing, next it's sisters at the same time, he's Hugh, living the dream. Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 668437

Are you referring to his earlier comments about a beer and a BJ?

wprager wrote:

Haha, ya, I know, me and this old age.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

well yes, sounds like a good time to me on any account Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 668437

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

well yes, sounds like a good time to me on any account Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 9 668437

Ya, I actually have a crazy story about 2 blondes and where I woke up on labour day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum