GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sens and What IFs

+13
TeamRenzo
LeCaptain
Cronie
SensFan71
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
wprager
beerandsens
Sp00nz
Phoenix30
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:PS Regin looks like he can def come in and replace Vermette, hopefully he isnt hurt too badly. Looks like a young Zetterberg IMO.

Agreed. He's got to bulk up pretty badly though.

47The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Also, I think that was Martin St. Louis in Ryan Shannon's uniform tonight.

48The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 am

Dude, if you think Spezza has HOF potential, then there is no point in talking about this. That is beyond a stretch, right now, Spezza cant even play with another player other than Heatley.

Im sorry you think so highly of Spezza because if those are your expectations of him, then wow, what a let down it will be.

49The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 am

asq2 wrote:Also, I think that was Martin St. Louis in Ryan Shannon's uniform tonight.

Thats fuc ked up, I said the same thing to my brother. He def could turn into something similar if we are lucky.

50The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Dude, if you think Spezza has HOF potential, then there is no point in talking about this. That is beyond a stretch, right now, Spezza cant even play with another player other than Heatley.

Im sorry you think so highly of Spezza because if those are your expectations of him, then wow, what a let down it will be.

Those are not my expectations, that is his potential. You're talking about waiting on his potential.

He's already a first line centre. He's not the future Hall of Famer he was touted to be. Doesn't mean he'll become that, but when you say "we're waiting on his potential," you can't honestly be saying that we're waiting for him to become a first line centre.

51The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 am

We are waiting on him to be an elite player, and while we are waiting, he is paid like one.... in a cap world they may not be able to wait.

Cogliano on the 1st line with Heatley and Alfi and J Bo as the stud D man, is a better team by a large margin than just Spezza being here. Not to mention a 1st rounder that could actually turn into something special too.

Again, money has to be moved, doesnt matter if Spezza is going to be that elite player the Sens are hopping he will be, it might be to late in Ottawa and probably is.

52The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 am

Also, as sick as this might sound right now, what I'm seeing from Regin is more than impressive... in fact, I can see him being a number 1 center someday, he has that much instinct and is always looking pass first.

If the Sens get a decent to good return for Spezza, and then turn around and sign J Bo, this franchise is in better shape than any team in the East (pending Leclaire works out).

Also, depending on who we draft this year, they could step right in and play a pretty big role in a transition year.

Basically, you give J Bo what ever the hell he asks for if there is cap room.

53The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Regin's got potential, but he's years away from becoming a #2 centre, let alone a number 1.

He's still got a lot of muscle to add and a lot to learn. It's promising, though. He's certainly a guy I'd keep a hold of.

54The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If you're looking at a guy like MPS, recognize also that he's got another year in Sweden, then he's got his rookie year in the NHL if he comes over that soon where he has to get accustomed to the NHL rink, then he's likely got the sophomore slump.

That's three more years from the start of next season before you can count on him to make a big impact IMO.

55The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

And by that time, Heatley's what? 31? 32? While Spezza's 28-29.

56The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 am

asq2 wrote:Regin's got potential, but he's years away from becoming a #2 centre, let alone a number 1.

He's still got a lot of muscle to add and a lot to learn. It's promising, though. He's certainly a guy I'd keep a hold of.

I'm telling you, he is not far off from being a number 2, I wouldnt be shocked if next year that kid puts up 50-60 points. What I saw from him tonight is something special. He plays the game on another level than the guys on the ice with him from a mental stand point, give that kid some expierence and confidence, he ccould be a force.

He could be a number 2 next year and I dont think that is a stretch.

57The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:38 am

asq2 wrote:And by that time, Heatley's what? 31? 32? While Spezza's 28-29.

Heatley is 2 years older dude, its not that big of a deal. You act like is Spezza vs Sakic, its 2 years, and the type of game Heatley plays he can be effective until he retired, a lot like Shanahan and Hull.

58The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:And by that time, Heatley's what? 31? 32? While Spezza's 28-29.

Heatley is 2 years older dude, its not that big of a deal. You act like is Spezza vs Sakic, its 2 years, and the type of game Heatley plays he can be effective until he retired, a lot like Shanahan and Hull.

Heater can definitely still be effective, it's like the commentators said last night, a goal scorer knows where the net is at all times, just like Heater did when he smashed that puck past roloson, and I couldn't believe it even when I saw it, but Spezza was back checking and creating turnovers, not causing them.

59The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Dude, if you think Spezza has HOF potential, then there is no point in talking about this. That is beyond a stretch, right now, Spezza cant even play with another player other than Heatley.

This thread isn't an I like Spezza I hate Spezza thread so please stop making it one.

- Unknown Author

60The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:52 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

he doesn't do that consistently though SF (Spezza backchecking).

Maybe it's as simple as Spezza realizing and figuring out the math that he is the ONLY HUGE contract with no NTC yet; herego, it's quite simple: Dos Vydanya Spezza.
Because the last 2-3 games, Spezza has been playing a certain edge I haven't seen from him since....since...well, EVER!!

61The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:he doesn't do that consistently though SF (Spezza backchecking).

Maybe it's as simple as Spezza realizing and figuring out the math that he is the ONLY HUGE contract with no NTC yet; herego, it's quite simple: Dos Vydanya Spezza.
Because the last 2-3 games, Spezza has been playing a certain edge I haven't seen from him since....since...well, EVER!!

am agreed on that one, he rather float around the neutral zone, throwing the no look drop passes, however, let's hope what you say is true, he realizes he is the odd person out and if he wants to stay with his buddy heater, he has to play a more complete game.

62The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seeing how Murray has operated as GM here is what I suspect happens. No big UFA signing no major salary gets moved but we move up in the draft by flipping our 1st and one of our 2nds. We likely end up with an NHL ready player who will be very cheap. Karlsson possibly steps in next year also and we fight for the final playoff spot in 09/10.

- Unknown Author

63The Sens and What IFs - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:06 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Seeing how Murray has operated as GM here is what I suspect happens. No big UFA signing no major salary gets moved but we move up in the draft by flipping our 1st and one of our 2nds. We likely end up with an NHL ready player who will be very cheap. Karlsson possibly steps in next year also and we fight for the final playoff spot in 09/10.

in terms of other scenarios, yours is the one that makes the most logical sense and would be the easiest to pull off, I don't see NYI wanting to trade down, but maybe Atlanta would, it's pure hearsay, but maybe the Sens drop enough to get the 2nd possible pick anyway, or maybe even the improbable, but I would fall off my chair if this happens, we win the lottery with our less than 7 percent chance or whatever it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum