GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sens and What IFs

+13
TeamRenzo
LeCaptain
Cronie
SensFan71
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
wprager
beerandsens
Sp00nz
Phoenix30
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

121The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:55 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:I know, but very probable ifs.

With 19 games left, what would you consider to be 'a good ending to the season'?

19 regulation losses. What good can come out of catching teams like Colorado, LA etc?

I could care less about a strong finish to the season. I think there may be more changes coming in the off-season, so that alone should energize whomever is here to start next season.

Whatever happened to The Power of Positive Thinking?

Seriously, the last 18 is an audition for Clouston and the Kidz.

The more young talent the Sens can deploy next year, the easier it is for The Shawville Shaman to shuffle off some higher-priced vets.

Nicky, Ryan, Brian, Brendan and Pete would rather fly first class than take the bus. Even Jumpin' Jesse was trying to make his case last night to replace Chris Neil.

And don't forget Captain Cory wants a gig next year. They've already filled his chair at the Bingo table. Plus he's probably tired of bunking down at the Comfort Inn.

Frankly, I'd rather watch hungry youngsters who scrap for every puck than mushy millionaires showing off.

8)

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

122The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:24 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
hemlock wrote:
davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:I know, but very probable ifs.

With 19 games left, what would you consider to be 'a good ending to the season'?

19 regulation losses. What good can come out of catching teams like Colorado, LA etc?

I could care less about a strong finish to the season. I think there may be more changes coming in the off-season, so that alone should energize whomever is here to start next season.

Whatever happened to The Power of Positive Thinking?

Seriously, the last 18 is an audition for Clouston and the Kidz.

The more young talent the Sens can deploy next year, the easier it is for The Shawville Shaman to shuffle off some higher-priced vets.

Nicky, Ryan, Brian, Brendan and Pete would rather fly first class than take the bus. Even Jumpin' Jesse was trying to make his case last night to replace Chris Neil.

And don't forget Captain Cory wants a gig next year. They've already filled his chair at the Bingo table. Plus he's probably tired of bunking down at the Comfort Inn.

Frankly, I'd rather watch hungry youngsters who scrap for every puck than mushy millionaires showing off.

8)

am agreed on that one, which is why I love watching Q hockey around here in Moncton, those kids are exciting to watch, and it only gets better when you have it at the NHL level, I agree on Winchester, he was a man possessed last night. as a side note, if Ottawa wants to draft another goalie, they should be scouting the Wildcats, his name is Nicola Riopel, I don't believe he has been drafted by anybody, but he is having one hell of a season in the Q, below are his stats, but it also said he was invited to the Montreal Canadians development camp, does that mean he is property of them?

SeasonGPMinGASOGAAWLTSvsPct
2008-0955324710952.014014015980.932

123The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:34 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SF71, more on Nicola Riopel...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nicola_riopel

http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-ca/team/player.php?PLAYER_ID=229

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=91188

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

124The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:39 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:SF71, more on Nicola Riopel...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nicola_riopel

http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-ca/team/player.php?PLAYER_ID=229

[url=http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=91188
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=91188[/quote[/url]]

Quite the list of awards I tell you, small goalie from what I see though, but I tell you, saw him play twice this year, he played absolutely phenomenal and kept Moncton in both of those games when they really shouldn't have been.

125The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

There was a big feature article by Panzeri in The Citizen today about Bryan Murray's upcoming cap crunch. Worth reading:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Paying+price/1367246/story.html

From the intro:
Recent acquisitions and departures mean Bryan Murray has to do some figuring to know how to get under the salary cap for next year, writes Allen Panzeri.

If Panzeri has it right, looks like signing Comrie might not be a slam dunk unless BM moves someone else.

The article gives details.

126The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:47 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dany and Jason are what they are...IMHO unless they fundamentally change how they play as 'team guys', rather than as skilled individuals.

Clowe, Getzlaf and Kesler--just to use them as examples, may not have the specific skills of a Heatley or Spezza, but they execute as part of a team's strategic and tactical approach.

Look at the difference Kunitz has made in Pittsburgh vs for example Satan.

These types of players--call them '2nd tier' if you like--are what make your 'superstars' more productive, and lift your team overall.

As it seems nowadays teams need at least three lines who can score, at least two or even three of these 'mid tier' guys make up part of that mix.

Mike Fisher might have that potential; so far though, he seems not to have found consistency in his game.

Which is why I like that Murray said he is aiming at finding a big winger for Fisher to play with next season. It will hopefully help Fisher produce and it will make our team harder to play against. One thing I didn't initially account for when we traded Vermette was that he is a small guy, which may hold him back if he's playing with other smallish players. If we can get a couple of bigger bodies to mix with the speed/skill players on our team it can make a big difference.

127The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

PS I have posted the Panzeri article in its own thread: "Murray's Cap Cash Crunch Coming?"

This speaks to Murray's announced intention to get another 'Top 6' forward...does he have the dough?

Panzeri takes a look at the situation...

128The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:52 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

There was a big feature article by Panzeri in The Citizen today about Bryan Murray's upcoming cap crunch. Worth reading:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Paying+price/1367246/story.html

From the intro:
Recent acquisitions and departures mean Bryan Murray has to do some figuring to know how to get under the salary cap for next year, writes Allen Panzeri.

If Panzeri has it right, looks like signing Comrie might not be a slam dunk unless BM moves someone else.

The article gives details.

I've been wondering how we're going to fit Comrie in since we re-acquired him. It might lend some credibility to the theories that a big contract will be moved at the draft.

129The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:
I've been wondering how we're going to fit Comrie in since we re-acquired him. It might lend some credibility to the theories that a big contract will be moved at the draft.

The new thread has Panzeri's article in full...including the entire roster and all the numbers.

130The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:17 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bye Bye Spezza Bis.

131The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:PS I have posted the Panzeri article in its own thread: "Murray's Cap Cash Crunch Coming?"

This speaks to Murray's announced intention to get another 'Top 6' forward...does he have the dough?

Panzeri takes a look at the situation...

as things stand now, and from reading that article, no top 6 forward will be coming here unless a big salary is moved, and it has been talked about forever here, Spezza is probably that salary to move.

132The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I have addressed this in another thread. It could theoretically be any of the 4 with cap hits over 4 million

133The Sens and What IFs - Page 9 Empty Re: The Sens and What IFs Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:I have addressed this in another thread. It could theoretically be any of the 4 with cap hits over 4 million

hey bee, I found the other "patriotic" bikini girl, man, got to love those canadian women lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum