GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm Nov. 7th, 2008

+17
COLLAR UP
LethalLehner
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
SensHero
wprager
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beedub
Laker
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
smash88
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN now reporting that Gerber will indeed get the call tonight...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255061

Ladies and gentlemen... brace yourselves...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sportsnet is reporting it too...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/11/07/gerber_canes/

Well Gerber... time to show us what you're made of.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:TSN now reporting that Gerber will indeed get the call tonight...

I think we'll be fine. Regardless of who is in nets, the team is playing with more confidence now, and just as much as the team fed off Auld's confidence, Gerber will not feed off the team's. Remember, even after Auld took over, the team still played a stinker against the Leafs (and that Anaheim game wasn't much to write home about either).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's hoping Prags.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... Harsburg is trying to push that through the media too...

"He'll notice the difference for sure. When he was in the lineup before, we weren't so solid in front of him."

Good tactic.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:TSN now reporting that Gerber will indeed get the call tonight...

I think we'll be fine. Regardless of who is in nets, the team is playing with more confidence now, and just as much as the team fed off Auld's confidence, Gerber will not feed off the team's. Remember, even after Auld took over, the team still played a stinker against the Leafs (and that Anaheim game wasn't much to write home about either).

Thing is, they will play the same until Gerber lets in a softie...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Thing is, they will play the same until Gerber lets in a softie...
Hopefully the "new and improved" defensive system will prevent a "softie" from even being a possibility.

Hopefully.

SensHero

Prospect
Prospect

I think we are all hoping for a solid game out of Gerbs tonight but let's just remember that even if he does play great, Auld is still our guy. We need to continue to ride him will he's hot. Regardless of the outcome tonight lets not get sucked into a goaltender controversy. We all know that this will be one of the first things out of the mouths of most reporters and broadcasters if Gerbs plays well. Even at a cap hit of 3.7 mil i think we still need to have a very capable backup. I think Gerbs has his place on this team, he can step in and give us solid goaltending on nights off for Auld and godforbid if auld gets injured. I would have a hard time relying on Elliot at this point and i would hate to stunt his progess in the minors by making him a backup in the NHL

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree SensHero. Lets just hope the system can shelter Gerbs and get us a win. Then Gerbs can ride the pine for another week :D

- Unknown Author

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensHero wrote:I think we are all hoping for a solid game out of Gerbs tonight but let's just remember that even if he does play great, Auld is still our guy. We need to continue to ride him will he's hot. Regardless of the outcome tonight lets not get sucked into a goaltender controversy. We all know that this will be one of the first things out of the mouths of most reporters and broadcasters if Gerbs plays well. Even at a cap hit of 3.7 mil i think we still need to have a very capable backup. I think Gerbs has his place on this team, he can step in and give us solid goaltending on nights off for Auld and godforbid if auld gets injured. I would have a hard time relying on Elliot at this point and i would hate to stunt his progess in the minors by making him a backup in the NHL

Very good points... and your right the media is gonna try and throw the goalie controversy card out...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The media will never let that go. Ottawa fans love to pick on their goalies so the Media will milk that forever.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="smash88"]
wprager wrote:[
Thing is, they will play the same until Gerber lets in a softie...

They'll just let the hard ones through and he'll be fine.

Really? Gerber?

Balls!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Funny how everyone forgets the road trip from last year where Gerber stood on his head and the team was the one crapping the bed.

But if he DOES crap the bed, you'll be seeing his head on a stick on Bank St. in the morning....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA! Gerber actually stopped the first shot.. but it was not really a shot as it was whistled on a delayed penalty.

shabbs wrote:HA! Gerber actually stopped the first shot.. but it was not really a shot as it was whistled on a delayed penalty.
I'll take it :D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tukker wrote:
shabbs wrote:HA! Gerber actually stopped the first shot.. but it was not really a shot as it was whistled on a delayed penalty.
I'll take it :D
I'm waiting for an official shot...

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No goal, no surprise. Impossible to tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum