GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FISHER TRADED...

+11
mattshock
Cronie
BigRig
Snuh
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
shabbs
Phoenix30
PKC
COLLAR UP
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:
mattbond wrote:Phillips is a rock!

I won't go as far as some and say Norris candidate, but definitely a solid member of our blueline and not a toss-in by any means!
He's not going to resign here anyway after not getting the "C" when Alfie was out. He viewd it as a kick in the face. Although not publicly said, I know for a fact his patience in Ottawa are runnign severely thin and we already have mini-phillips in Volchenkov.

I wondered about how he'd feel about that. Phillips strikes me as the type to suck it up and not make waves, at least while playing for the Sens. That's really unfortunate that they did that and that he feels that way about it.

Meh, It's a friggin letter on the sweater... If he's a leader he dosen't need a letter on his sweater to prove it.. If he dosen't re-sign here because of that, then we know why he didn't get it in the first place... That ain't leadership qualities to me...

Last edited by smash88 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

62FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

You may have a point, but we'll never really know. I just hope we're not one of those teams where C stands for highest 'Cheque'.

63FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:51 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I won't go as far as some and say Norris candidate, but definitely a solid member of our blueline and not a toss-in by any means!
He's not going to resign here anyway after not getting the "C" when Alfie was out. He viewd it as a kick in the face. Although not publicly said, I know for a fact his patience in Ottawa are runnign severely thin and we already have mini-phillips in Volchenkov.

I wondered about how he'd feel about that. Phillips strikes me as the type to suck it up and not make waves, at least while playing for the Sens. That's really unfortunate that they did that and that he feels that way about it.

Meh, It's a friggin letter on the sweater... If he's a leader he dosen't need a letter on his sweater to prove it.. If he dosen't re-sign here because of that, then we know why he didn't get it in the first place... That ain't leadership qualities to me...
After all he's done for this organization and the length of service I thought it was a no brainer. It's not just a letter in this case, it signifies where he stands in their eyes. I'd be pissed off too it it were me.

64FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:56 pm

jamvan wrote:
smash88 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:

After all he's done for this organization and the length of service I thought it was a no brainer. It's not just a letter in this case, it signifies where he stands in their eyes. I'd be pissed off too it it were me.
I would have Phillips, Fisher, Volchenkov, and McAmmond be Captain before Heatley

65FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That whole Heatley getting a letter at all struck me as quite odd. The guy coasts at time in the game and he gets an "A"? Then the "C" while Alfie is out? That to me was a diservice to Alfie, giving a guy that coasts through parts of games, Alfie's "C" (Even though it was temporary) is not cool with me.

- Unknown Author

66FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:12 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That whole Heatley getting a letter at all struck me as quite odd. The guy coasts at time in the game and he gets an "A"? Then the "C" while Alfie is out? That to me was a diservice to Alfie, giving a guy that coasts through parts of games, Alfie's "C" (Even though it was temporary) is not cool with me.
It may be the fact that Hartsburg is trying to give him and Spezza more of a leadership role, but they should have spoken to Chris before hand, but they didn't (i know). I don't know so much that it's a bad move, but I really liked the way they used to do it and have three "A" when Alfie is out. There should never be another captain until he retires, but that's Hartsburg's call not ours. I have to say thus far, that is the only move by HArtsburg I haven't agreed with.

67FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree Jammer. No one should get the C other than Alfie until the day he retires.

- Unknown Author

68FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:51 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

mattbond wrote:Sens Chirp just put out an article and talks about the possibility of Fisher being traded. Good read, check it out if you can.

Apparently he no longer appears untouchable...

So what you're saying is that Sens Chirp came onto this site...read my post and stole my idea...is that KLEE??...lol...

69FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:10 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Is there any way we could get Kari out of ATL?

What would it take?

70FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With the way our D was playing last night... unless it's a true, bonafide #1 goalie (Luongo, Brodeur etc...) it ain't going to help us.

71FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:44 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm getting tired of our goalie situation FAST.

I think I'd be more frustrated if the team was playing well and it was just a bad goalie holding us back. Because the whole team is in shambles, I'm starting to care less.

I'm starting to think the preseason valuations on the Senators chances were closer than my optimistic hopes that this team could surprise. Why can't we find the magic that got us to the final? We've still got Alfie!! That should count for something...

72FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:02 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

mattbond wrote:I'm getting tired of our goalie situation FAST.

I think I'd be more frustrated if the team was playing well and it was just a bad goalie holding us back. Because the whole team is in shambles, I'm starting to care less.

I'm starting to think the preseason valuations on the Senators chances were closer than my optimistic hopes that this team could surprise. Why can't we find the magic that got us to the final? We've still got Alfie!! That should count for something...

And was is more concerning is the effect the economy will have on the NHL and thus the cap.

First off...I was listening to the radio yesterday and it was explained that if the Canadian Dollar is at 85 cents U.S. owners will lose over 3 million dollars. It has been forecasted that our dollar may dip as low as 70 cents...which is alarming to owners who are not willing to lose that much money. Therefore,
waiving Gerber may not be an option as Melnyk is already going to be losing money...and may not want to pay an additional 3.7 for someone in the minors.

Then we have to consider that league revenues are possibly going to go down this year as a result of the US and Canadian economy and worries of recession.

If the cap goes down a lot of teams are in trouble and will have to dump players...whic could be a good thing. But then on the other side...that means that Murray probably does not want to bring anyone on board with a huge contract as this will probably hurt the team financially in the long run.

So my guess is they stay with the status quo...which so far does not look too good. If we could play like the 3rd period 2 nights in a row...for at least 40 minutes we'd be doing a hell of a lot better.

I guess what we have to hope for is what happened in 06/07...the SCF year. The sens were off to a brutal start...everyone was calling for the lynching of Alfie...the firing of Murray...etc...et voila...the players after a month or so bought into the system and look where that landed them!!

Hopefully...just hopefully...this happens with Hartsburg's system...

73FISHER TRADED... - Page 5 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm pretty confident Fisher will turn it around. I'd be worried about him if he looked like a forward version of Luke Richardson, but that isn't the case.

He's trying to imitate Kovalchuk too much methinks in that he keeps trying to pick the far corner but doesn't have as accurate a shot. He can still drive by opposing defencemen like nobody's business. It's a question of inches for the guy at the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum