GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FISHER TRADED...

+11
mattshock
Cronie
BigRig
Snuh
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
shabbs
Phoenix30
PKC
COLLAR UP
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1FISHER TRADED... Empty FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:51 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

OK...so he's not...but I figured the subject would grab attention...

But honestly...as much as I love what Fisher brings in terms of speed, forechecking...blah blah blah...he is getting paid 6 million dollars (4.2 cap hit)...and frankly...with that salary a hell of a lot more is needed from him...

So I have been thinking...and I am sure everyone would agree the Sens have 3 immense needs...

1) Puck-moving d-man

2) Top sixer

3) A goalie...'nough said

So why can't the Sens use Fisher to get something that fills their needs...

1) With regards to a d-man which is a huge need...how 'bout trading dear ol' broken glass Fisher (4.2) for Bouwmeester (4.875)...(Bouw would need to get an extension signed for this to happen)...but I think this could be worked out and would seriously help the Sens on the back-end...

and before anyone argues that getting rid of Fish will hurt secondary scoring...I ask you to check out his stats so far...4.2 mil has to get you more than that!

2) If secondary scoring continues to b a problem...as it will no doubt...the Sens should perhaps send Vermette (2.763) to WAS for Nylander (4.875)...

Sure none of this helps the goaltending situation...but at this point...nothing will...FU Gerber!!

So in all...SENS take on 9.75 mil...and unload 6.963 mil...so a differnce of +2.787...

which I believ will fit into the cap room...if not waive Gerber and bring up Elliot...

So there you have it...yup I did it...I said TRADE FISHER...why not?

Maybe my proposals won't sit well with everyone...and that could very well be true...but I doubt that it could be argued that trading Fisher would certainly help fill one of the major gaps this team faces...

Here Fishy...Fishy...Fishy...Fishy...

2FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Prepare to be massacred in public. Saying trade Fisher is like saying you'd crucify Jesus again if you had the chance.

3FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

COLLAR UP wrote:OK...so he's not...but I figured the subject would grab attention...

But honestly...as much as I love what Fisher brings in terms of speed, forechecking...blah blah blah...he is getting paid 6 million dollars (4.2 cap hit)...and frankly...with that salary a hell of a lot more is needed from him...

So I have been thinking...and I am sure everyone would agree the Sens have 3 immense needs...

1) Puck-moving d-man

2) Top sixer

3) A goalie...'nough said

So why can't the Sens use Fisher to get something that fills their needs...

1) With regards to a d-man which is a huge need...how 'bout trading dear ol' broken glass Fisher (4.2) for Bouwmeester (4.875)...(Bouw would need to get an extension signed for this to happen)...but I think this could be worked out and would seriously help the Sens on the back-end...

and before anyone argues that getting rid of Fish will hurt secondary scoring...I ask you to check out his stats so far...4.2 mil has to get you more than that!

2) If secondary scoring continues to b a problem...as it will no doubt...the Sens should perhaps send Vermette (2.763) to WAS for Nylander (4.875)...

Sure none of this helps the goaltending situation...but at this point...nothing will...FU Gerber!!

So in all...SENS take on 9.75 mil...and unload 6.963 mil...so a differnce of +2.787...

which I believ will fit into the cap room...if not waive Gerber and bring up Elliot...

So there you have it...yup I did it...I said TRADE FISHER...why not?

Maybe my proposals won't sit well with everyone...and that could very well be true...but I doubt that it could be argued that trading Fisher would certainly help fill one of the major gaps this team faces...

Here Fishy...Fishy...Fishy...Fishy...

I agree with you. I suggested the same thing back in June before his NMC kicked in and got roasted. He could have fetched us a decent return at the draft or just afterwards. I am not so sure right now until he starts scoring.

4FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 pm

PKC wrote:Prepare to be massacred in public. Saying trade Fisher is like saying you'd crucify Jesus again if you had the chance.
Fisher is massively overrated

5FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fisher is actually making $6M this year in salary. His cap hit is only $4.2M. Is he playing like a $6M forward? I certainly hope he starts too very soon...

6FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:07 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Fisher is actually making $6M this year in salary. His cap hit is only $4.2M. Is he playing like a $6M forward? I certainly hope he starts too very soon...

that's what I put isn't it...6 mil salary...4.2 cap hit...

you know...I would even deal him for Havlat...again...extension needed...man I miss Havlat...

7FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Realistically, Fisher may be our only big chip to dangle. If Murray is intent on keeping Heatley and Spezza like he claims then Fisher is the only logical solution. I love the guy, but he needs to produce more not only as a number two centre but as a $6 million dollar player. I don't care what his cap hit is, if his paycheques total $6 million this season, he better be producing more. The injury thing too, will only get worse our time as he ages. I say trade him before this sad start is prolonged long enough to cause his value to plummet. If we can ship him out for some goaltending help or a PMD, do it right now Murray!

8FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:19 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:Realistically, Fisher may be our only big chip to dangle. If Murray is intent on keeping Heatley and Spezza like he claims then Fisher is the only logical solution. I love the guy, but he needs to produce more not only as a number two centre but as a $6 million dollar player. I don't care what his cap hit is, if his paycheques total $6 million this season, he better be producing more. The injury thing too, will only get worse our time as he ages. I say trade him before this sad start is prolonged long enough to cause his value to plummet. If we can ship him out for some goaltending help or a PMD, do it right now Murray!

As much as it hurts me to read this; I can't find a flaw in your logic except to say; let's give him a bit more time ...

9FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 pm

TheAvatar wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Realistically, Fisher may be our only big chip to dangle. If Murray is intent on keeping Heatley and Spezza like he claims then Fisher is the only logical solution. I love the guy, but he needs to produce more not only as a number two centre but as a $6 million dollar player. I don't care what his cap hit is, if his paycheques total $6 million this season, he better be producing more. The injury thing too, will only get worse our time as he ages. I say trade him before this sad start is prolonged long enough to cause his value to plummet. If we can ship him out for some goaltending help or a PMD, do it right now Murray!

As much as it hurts me to read this; I can't find a flaw in your logic except to say; let's give him a bit more time ...

Can we afford to wait though? I don't want to lose Fisher either, but you know what? In order to improve this team right now, we'll have to send away talent. Fisher is the most viable option, and would command a nice return I would say.

10FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

But the flip side of that is that he makes 4 million for the next 3 years and then 3 million in his last year. If he can be a solid two-way guy who can put up 60 points, is that a bargain given all the other intangibles he brings to the table?

I mean, if Heatley doesn't score 50+ goals this year, do we look at it and say, well he's making 10 million this year, but he just isn't cutting it, time to trade him?

11FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:38 pm

PKC wrote:

But the flip side of that is that he makes 4 million for the next 3 years and then 3 million in his last year. If he can be a solid two-way guy who can put up 60 points, is that a bargain given all the other intangibles he brings to the table?

I mean, if Heatley doesn't score 50+ goals this year, do we look at it and say, well he's making 10 million this year, but he just isn't cutting it, time to trade him?

I see that point, but my point is that if Murray wants to improve NOW, without trading away one of the big three, Fisher is the next best chip we've got on the roster. He could fetch a hell of a package, and would hamper the offfence as much as trading Heatley or Spezza. If Murray is not going to make a bold move, I'm afraid we won't be making much noise this year, if any.

12FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:18 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Fisher is actually making $6M this year in salary. His cap hit is only $4.2M. Is he playing like a $6M forward? I certainly hope he starts too very soon...

I disagree with that reasoning only because, it is the same thing as saying, when Spezza reaches the final year of his contract, that it is ok for him to play like a $4M dollar player, which in 2014 will be what 3rd liners make. And that is something I grossly disagree with.

13FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As much as I don't want to get into this right now - I read each post and I can agree to an extent. It used to be a joke to me that Hartnell makes 4.2 million - but now I can't laugh because Fisher just isn't producing. For a bang and crash energy guy to be making 4.2 million - is a little scary considering we have Z.Smith and Bass ready willing and able to come up and play that role.

I will say...we have no choice but to wait and see how things shape up. First off, Fisher has this team's colours bleeding through him - and you don't put a price on that. Secondly, he's a natural leader who will mature even more in time. Third, 4.2 million is about the going rate for a big, strong, aggressive 25 goal, 50 point guy - who, like Alfie said, will learn to manage his shots and become more offensive.

Lastly though, we have no choice but to wait because Fisher's first 2 years have NMC attached to them, the third becomes a limited NTC and I believe the last two are limited to only not going to a few teams. So right now we wait, in the next few years, we see if O'Brien, Z.Smith, Bass etc. etc. etc. can take his job for less $$.

We all have our eyes set on 2010/2011 (and if you don't, you should drink a dose of reality), so let's wait and see how things pan out.

I hate that this is coming up - and I hate that I agree - to a degree.

14FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:34 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

I don't know about that. Look at Alfie. He was consitently injured early in his career, people wanted him gone, and now look. I know it's not the best example or comparison but I wouldn't count Fisher out so soon. When Hartsburg put Fisher on the top line again in the 3rd, against Florida, they had some good chances. They just need some time to gel. I also thought Spezza and Vermette looked great together in the 3rd.

I agree that outside Heatley, Spezza, and Alfie, he's the one guy who will bring in a good return. I really think the goals will come. Fisher is not the problem. It's just in our nature to rag on the guy who's making big money and not producing. Does he have to pick it up? Of course. But I think it's a little too early to panic, and trading Fisher right now is a panic move, and that's not Murray's style.

15FISHER TRADED... Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Snuh wrote:
I don't know about that. Look at Alfie. He was consitently injured early in his career, people wanted him gone, and now look. I know it's not the best example or comparison but I wouldn't count Fisher out so soon. When Hartsburg put Fisher on the top line again in the 3rd, against Florida, they had some good chances. They just need some time to gel. I also thought Spezza and Vermette looked great together in the 3rd.

I agree that outside Heatley, Spezza, and Alfie, he's the one guy who will bring in a good return. I really think the goals will come. Fisher is not the problem. It's just in our nature to rag on the guy who's making big money and not producing. Does he have to pick it up? Of course. But I think it's a little too early to panic, and trading Fisher right now is a panic move, and that's not Murray's style.

What do you realistically think the chances are of Hartsburg doing the logical thing and keeping Vermette with Spezza and Foligno/Winchester?

8%?

I'm actually curious, because that's the best I've seen Vermette play in a long time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum