GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FISHER TRADED...

+11
mattshock
Cronie
BigRig
Snuh
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
shabbs
Phoenix30
PKC
COLLAR UP
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:42 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Reading that article hurts. Especially this part:

So the Senators missed out. Imagine, if they'd landed Luongo, Muckler would never have signed goalie Martin Gerber to that three-year, $11.1-million (all terms US) deal on July 1.

47FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:43 pm

I think Fisher brings great things to the community and he is an unbelievably hard worker and probably one of the best middle weights in the league... but... you have to give up something to get something and if I disassociate myself from the emotional side of this. Facts are he gets into lengthy funks, he struggles to represent as a scoring #2 center, his salary is in the high end range for #2 centers @ $6M this year and even if you remove him we don't have a hole for a #2 center. I believe Vermette can handle the job. If we went with my proposal from earlier we would lose Vermette but with Kelly, Bass and McAmmond we could get by for now especially adding Booth to the mix of forwards...

I

48FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:52 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Fisher for J-Bo.

Now there's an interesting one. It would take some thinking through.
THrow in Phillips and I think we'd get it done.

49FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:55 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:

That's two core players for an unsigned free agent... Maybe Fisher and Schubert.

50FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:

Would that be the price of doing business with Jacques and our history?

Wink

51FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:02 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, much as I'd love to get J-Bo, Jacques would make up overpay.

Fisher AND Phillips would be GREATLY overpaying.

Look at the Luongo deal, even at the time

Allen << Phillips
Auld < Emery
Bertuzzi < Vermette

OK, so maybe Bertuzzi was worth a liiiittle more than Vermette at the time, but not a lot. Martin is a fool.

EDIT: And for the record, I'd still do this deal, except switch Emery for Auld and a 1st.

Phillips
Vermette
Auld
1st

for Luongo. I'd do it.

52FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:36 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
jamvan wrote:

That's two core players for an unsigned free agent... Maybe Fisher and Schubert.
IT would be dependant on JayBo signing longterm. I'd rather keep Schubert. I think Phillips is mediocre at best now. Hear t and sould these two are, but what has that done for us so far?

53FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Phillips is a rock!

I won't go as far as some and say Norris candidate, but definitely a solid member of our blueline and not a toss-in by any means!

54FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:03 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Phillips is a rock!

I won't go as far as some and say Norris candidate, but definitely a solid member of our blueline and not a toss-in by any means!
He's not going to resign here anyway after not getting the "C" when Alfie was out. He viewd it as a kick in the face. Although not publicly said, I know for a fact his patience in Ottawa are runnign severely thin and we already have mini-phillips in Volchenkov.

55FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:10 pm

mattbond wrote:Yeah, much as I'd love to get J-Bo, Jacques would make up overpay.

Allen << Phillips
Auld < Emery
Bertuzzi < Vermette

OK, so maybe Bertuzzi was worth a liiiittle more than Vermette at the time, but not a lot. Martin is a fool.

EDIT: And for the record, I'd still do this deal, except switch Emery for Auld and a 1st.

Phillips
Vermette
Auld
1st

for Luongo. I'd do it.

I would do that deal in the precursor to a heartbeat. Martin is a dirty old snatch for that deal. His owner should have fired him for letting personal issues get in the way of business. He reaped what he has sown though. Look at who he has left from that deal... Luongo for Allen. I think there may have been a pick or prospect in there too but he is not on Florida's roster years later...

56FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

He's not going to resign here anyway after not getting the "C" when Alfie was out. He viewd it as a kick in the face. Although not publicly said, I know for a fact his patience in Ottawa are runnign severely thin and we already have mini-phillips in Volchenkov.

I wondered about how he'd feel about that. Phillips strikes me as the type to suck it up and not make waves, at least while playing for the Sens. That's really unfortunate that they did that and that he feels that way about it.

- Unknown Author

57FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
mattbond wrote:Yeah, much as I'd love to get J-Bo, Jacques would make up overpay.

Allen << Phillips
Auld < Emery
Bertuzzi < Vermette

Phillips
Vermette
Auld
1st

for Luongo. I'd do it.

I would do that deal in the precursor to a heartbeat. Martin is a dirty old snatch for that deal. His owner should have fired him for letting personal issues get in the way of business. He reaped what he has sown though. Look at who he has left from that deal... Luongo for Allen. I think there may have been a pick or prospect in there too but he is not on Florida's roster years later...

I'll just say it wasn't Martin that turned that deal down, it was Keenan. Martin is the one that saved there goalie situation by picking up Vokoun.

- Unknown Author

58FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:22 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I thought that it should have gone to Phillips, but Fisher has always been the future captain in my eyes.

That said, I have no issues with Heatley.

59FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:23 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would do that deal in the precursor to a heartbeat. Martin is a dirty old snatch for that deal. His owner should have fired him for letting personal issues get in the way of business. He reaped what he has sown though. Look at who he has left from that deal... Luongo for Allen. I think there may have been a pick or prospect in there too but he is not on Florida's roster years later...

I'll just say it wasn't Martin that turned that deal down, it was Keenan. Martin is the one that saved there goalie situation by picking up Vokoun.[/quote]

Right you are. I still can't see him giving us a good deal though.

60FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:I thought that it should have gone to Phillips, but Fisher has always been the future captain in my eyes.

That said, I have no issues with Heatley.
I don't get why people say Fisher is the future captain? HE's not a leader, he's just a gritty die hard player.

61FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I wondered about how he'd feel about that. Phillips strikes me as the type to suck it up and not make waves, at least while playing for the Sens. That's really unfortunate that they did that and that he feels that way about it.

Meh, It's a friggin letter on the sweater... If he's a leader he dosen't need a letter on his sweater to prove it.. If he dosen't re-sign here because of that, then we know why he didn't get it in the first place... That ain't leadership qualities to me...

Last edited by smash88 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

62FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

You may have a point, but we'll never really know. I just hope we're not one of those teams where C stands for highest 'Cheque'.

63FISHER TRADED... - Page 4 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:51 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Meh, It's a friggin letter on the sweater... If he's a leader he dosen't need a letter on his sweater to prove it.. If he dosen't re-sign here because of that, then we know why he didn't get it in the first place... That ain't leadership qualities to me...
After all he's done for this organization and the length of service I thought it was a no brainer. It's not just a letter in this case, it signifies where he stands in their eyes. I'd be pissed off too it it were me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum