GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FISHER TRADED...

+11
mattshock
Cronie
BigRig
Snuh
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
shabbs
Phoenix30
PKC
COLLAR UP
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:27 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Sens Chirp just put out an article and talks about the possibility of Fisher being traded. Good read, check it out if you can.

Apparently he no longer appears untouchable...

32FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WOW! I suppose with guys like Alfie, Phillips and Smith we are fine in terms of leadership but I still think that would be a big hole at least in that department.

33FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:33 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

No doubt. Guys like Nikulin, Schubert, and McAmmond I wasn't too surprised, but this is the first credible source I've heard confirming whispers of Fisher's name coming up in discussions.

34FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:05 pm

We all know Martin LOVES Mike Fisher... he has a player that would fit right in in Ottawa!! Yeah, I'm not letting J Bo go until he signs with someone other then the Sens. He was the best player on the ice on Wed night along with Anderson. The guy makes it look effortless.

35FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:42 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Fisher for J-Bo.

Now there's an interesting one. It would take some thinking through.

36FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fisher's name is coming up from the other side. Other GMs have approached Burke about Pronger, Perry, Kunitz and even Selanne ( scratch ). It's other teams asking to 'help' Ottawa by taking Fisher.

37FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattbond wrote:Fisher for J-Bo.

HA! That is a tough one. But if we're not getting the secondary production from Fisher (and whoever else) that we need... something needs to be done. We're a team with three big needs that everyone knows very well. The dilemma for Murray is do I do some patch work to "address" the issues or do I make a bold move, really fix one maybe two of them and leave the others to deal with later, perhaps at trade dead line time.

Murray needs to give the team time to find itself and adapt before he goes making huge moves. Once he's given them the time he and Harstburg think they need, then, if the gaps are still there, a decision will need to be made as to what gap to properly address (goal tending, puck moving d-man, secondary scoring) and what to dangle out there to fix it (Fisher, Vermette, picks, prospects etc..).

38FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Here's something that I might do... not a rumour or even a hint of realism to it but...

Fisher and Vermette for Bowmeester and Booth.

Works both ways me thinks... although Martin likes Booth and hates Ottawa... and he turned into a pork sword after he got fired here...

39FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:17 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, our offer for Luongo was MUCH better than the one that was accepted....

40FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:19 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Yeah, our offer for Luongo was MUCH better than the one that was accepted....

I didn't even know we made an offer for Luongo? What was it?

41FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Fisher's name is coming up from the other side. Other GMs have approached Burke about Pronger, Perry, Kunitz and even Selanne ( scratch ). It's other teams asking to 'help' Ottawa by taking Fisher.

Do tell Heater. What types of offers are being made to get Fisher?

- Unknown Author

42FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Fisher's name is coming up from the other side. Other GMs have approached Burke about Pronger, Perry, Kunitz and even Selanne ( scratch ). It's other teams asking to 'help' Ottawa by taking Fisher.
Not surprising... I'm sure GMs are always asking on other teams' players to see what's available and if there are any nibbles. Fisher's work ethic and dedication are well respected across the league and he's a guy you certainly want on your side and in your locker room.

If he can break through and start putting up some nice numbers... we'll be in a much better position.

43FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I suspect Fisher would have a bit of a tough time adjusting, similiar to the Ryan Smyth trade. He would obviously get over it and do fine. OK I'm not talking about him being moved anymore because I really want him to stay and turn his game around.

- Unknown Author

44FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
mattbond wrote:Yeah, our offer for Luongo was MUCH better than the one that was accepted....

I didn't even know we made an offer for Luongo? What was it?

Phillips, Vermette, and a 1st I think.

Or maybe Phillips, Emery, and a 1st.

I'll look into it.

45FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Sources say Senators GM John Muckler believed he had made an offer the Panthers would accept, a package that may have included veteran defenceman Chris Phillips, forward Antoine Vermette and goalie Ray Emery in exchange for Luongo.
- Sun

46FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:42 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Reading that article hurts. Especially this part:

So the Senators missed out. Imagine, if they'd landed Luongo, Muckler would never have signed goalie Martin Gerber to that three-year, $11.1-million (all terms US) deal on July 1.

47FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:43 pm

I think Fisher brings great things to the community and he is an unbelievably hard worker and probably one of the best middle weights in the league... but... you have to give up something to get something and if I disassociate myself from the emotional side of this. Facts are he gets into lengthy funks, he struggles to represent as a scoring #2 center, his salary is in the high end range for #2 centers @ $6M this year and even if you remove him we don't have a hole for a #2 center. I believe Vermette can handle the job. If we went with my proposal from earlier we would lose Vermette but with Kelly, Bass and McAmmond we could get by for now especially adding Booth to the mix of forwards...

I

48FISHER TRADED... - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHER TRADED... Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:52 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Fisher for J-Bo.

THrow in Phillips and I think we'd get it done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum