GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fisher on OTR

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fisher on OTR Empty Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Fisher was interviewed on Off The Record yesterday afternoon, which I saw the repeat of today at noon.

ML asked him about his fight with Avery in '05, Fish said it started because Avery came after him because of a hit he laid on one of his teammates. Said he had fought him before in juniors.

ML referred to MF as a 'mature, religious man' and asked how he felt about Avery's comments. Fish said some players use trash talk to gain an edge on opponents but Avery's comments were inappropriate and the league would handle the situation (which they did).

ML said he heard MF use the word 'darn it' once, had he ever said anything worse? "Yes", but wouldn't say what.

Asked if he missed Ray Emery. "At times"... on a scale of 1 to 10, he said a six.

Said Ray received a 'bad rap' in Ottawa. He did make mistakes for sure but says he has made improvements from what he understood from talking to him.

ML asked if Ray gave him his keys for his white Hummer - no.

Asked about the Sens struggles, said last year the team stopped caring it seemed. They have been picking it up recently though.

Asked for his thoughts on Paddock - "next question".

That's pretty much all I saw. I'm sure it is available online.

2Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Fish was on OTR? usually it IR...

3Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:43 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Mike Fisher was interviewed on Off The Record yesterday afternoon, which I saw the repeat of today at noon.

ML asked him about his fight with Avery in '05, Fish said it started because Avery came after him because of a hit he laid on one of his teammates. Said he had fought him before in juniors.

ML referred to MF as a 'mature, religious man' and asked how he felt about Avery's comments. Fish said some players use trash talk to gain an edge on opponents but Avery's comments were inappropriate and the league would handle the situation (which they did).

ML said he heard MF use the word 'darn it' once, had he ever said anything worse? "Yes", but wouldn't say what.

Asked if he missed Ray Emery. "At times"... on a scale of 1 to 10, he said a six.

Said Ray received a 'bad rap' in Ottawa. He did make mistakes for sure but says he has made improvements from what he understood from talking to him.

Asked about the Sens struggles, said last year the team stopped caring it seemed. They have been picking it up recently though.

That "next question" on Paddock is pretty telling...

Nice to see him stick up a bit for Emery, tho'. I hope he comes back and goes on to make us all regret tossing him under the bus. Emery is a better goalie than he's usually given credit for.

4Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:56 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Emery tossed himself under the bus...we just kept driving...

5Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

If you want to watch the episode of OTR you can go here:

http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

Unfortunately i think you have to watch the whole episode, you can't just watch the next question with Fish.

EDIT: go to http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip118696 and you can watch the individual segments of the show. Just go to the "Video Library" tab, then scroll down select OTR, then select the date "Dec 4" and you can choose either 1 on 1 with Fisher or Next question.

6Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Mike Fisher was interviewed on Off The Record yesterday afternoon, which I saw the repeat of today at noon.

That "next question" on Paddock is pretty telling...

Nice to see him stick up a bit for Emery, tho'. I hope he comes back and goes on to make us all regret tossing him under the bus. Emery is a better goalie than he's usually given credit for.

No kidding, he didn't even blink. In fact its almost like he started saying "next question" before the question was eve asked. Maybe it was even worse than it seemed.

7Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

COLLAR UP wrote:Emery tossed himself under the bus...we just kept driving...

No, Emery just made us take an unscheduled stop. The media then got behind the wheel and ran him over. Repeatedly. They were the same geniuses who called for an Alfie trade back in the start of the 2006-07 season.

8Fisher on OTR Empty Re: Fisher on OTR Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:34 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:Emery tossed himself under the bus...we just kept driving...

No, Emery just made us take an unscheduled stop. The media then got behind the wheel and ran him over. Repeatedly. They were the same geniuses who called for an Alfie trade back in the start of the 2006-07 season.

Believe what you will Rooney...but IMO Emery had as much to do with it that the media did...

I am sure Murray didn't buy him out based only on media rumours...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum