GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

612019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Byfield is a physical specimen. He will be one of the youngest players in his draft year. Lafreniere has no weaknesses and will be hard to pass up at #1. Byfield could go #1 just because his size and untapped potential with it as he becomes a man. Everyone knows what Lafreniere brings and it is what every team needs. That is the best way I can describe differentiating the two when it comes to 1st overall.

So if the draft is today and you hold the #1 pick, which of the two do you pick?

this is like this year's draft. where you're kinda happy to be in the NYR position. whoever falls to two, the org that drafts in that spot will have the easiest choice to make.

i seriously want Byfield, but how do you pass up on Lafreniere..?

I just saw this now. Yes.

622019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Rankings don’t matter at this point and I don’t like Button because he doesn’t scout live as much as others, he is getting to more games recently now though, but Button has Byfield at 6. That’s not cool or close.

632019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:05 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw a comparison that may somewhat be telling

Byfield - Thornton
Lafrenniere - Panarin

I couldn’t disagree more with those comparisons. Not even close.

I can't remember where I saw this. I think they look at size for Byfield (not many elite centers at his size to compare to) and for Lafrenniere they went for the highest paid winger.

642019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:55 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can't help but feel Chlapik makes the team out of camp this year. Not sure another year in the AHL will do him justice. Paves the way for Brown to spend a bit more time down there until there is an injury or trade.

It also puts Pageau in a L2 capacity where he *should* score points and increase his trade value.

652019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I can't help but feel Chlapik makes the team out of camp this year. Not sure another year in the AHL will do him justice. Paves the way for Brown to spend a bit more time down there until there is an injury or trade.

It also puts Pageau in a L2 capacity where he *should* score points and increase his trade value.

At this point I think he has to. If he doesn’t make the team he’s going to get passed by on the depth chart. With Pageau likely traded before the deadline (IMO) and it’s even a probability that one of Tierney or Anisimov gets moved if they play well, we should have a few holes to fill throughout the year.

662019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I can't help but feel Chlapik makes the team out of camp this year. Not sure another year in the AHL will do him justice. Paves the way for Brown to spend a bit more time down there until there is an injury or trade.

At this point I think he has to. If he doesn’t make the team he’s going to get passed by on the depth chart. With Pageau likely traded before the deadline (IMO) and it’s even a probability that one of Tierney or Anisimov gets moved if they play well, we should have a few holes to fill throughout the year.

I am honestly all for it. I'd like to see Brown start in junior and let him dominate/stay healthy to start the season.

672019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I am honestly all for it. I'd like to see Brown start in junior and let him dominate/stay healthy to start the season.

By "junior" I assume you mean the AHL, as Brown is no longer junior-eligible.

682019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yes, sorry. AHL. You know what I mean, Tim!

692019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yes, sorry. AHL. You know what I mean, Tim!

Well then I started questioning myself, googled Brown's age, and what the over-age requirements are for the CHL.

702019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I really think they want Brown to be in the AHL until Christmas to make sure he's continued his development. The way he played when he was healthy down there was reason for extreme optimism, so they'll want him to really continue, then lock him down in Ottawa after Christmas. That's my guess anyway.

Chlapik better make it soon, or he'll be lost in the shuffle.

712019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, I really think they want Brown to be in the AHL until Christmas to make sure he's continued his development.  The way he played when he was healthy down there was reason for extreme optimism, so they'll want him to really continue, then lock him down in Ottawa after Christmas.  That's my guess anyway.

Yeah I’m not at all in a hurry to see Brown in Ottawa. Over ripped him IMO. We’ve had little luck in brining prospects up too early (Tkachuk being the exception)

722019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, I really think they want Brown to be in the AHL until Christmas to make sure he's continued his development.  The way he played when he was healthy down there was reason for extreme optimism, so they'll want him to really continue, then lock him down in Ottawa after Christmas.  That's my guess anyway.

Yeah I’m not at all in a hurry to see Brown in Ottawa. Over ripped him IMO. We’ve had little luck in brining prospects up too early (Tkachuk being the exception)

He'd be a starter this year in the NHL had he not missed so much time due to injury. I still think he could start. I tried to watch some of the Belleville streams - which most of the time weren't very good, but Brown and Batherson were amazing together. Just dynamite.

732019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

He'd be a starter this year in the NHL had he not missed so much time due to injury.  I still think he could start.  I tried to watch some of the Belleville streams - which most of the time weren't very good, but Brown and Batherson were amazing together.  Just dynamite.

yeah, I didn’t watch too much of Brown this year. Footspeed and motivated play was the problem i saw in the limited seeing viewing I had at the start of the season but that could have improved. There is an extra notch you have to pass through when you leap from the AHL to the NHL.

Id expect he needs to start in the A while getting call ups throughout the year as injuries happen.

Bodies will get moved out as the year progresses so we’ll see how ready he really is.

I just think he will need more time.

742019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

He'd be a starter this year in the NHL had he not missed so much time due to injury.  I still think he could start.  I tried to watch some of the Belleville streams - which most of the time weren't very good, but Brown and Batherson were amazing together.  Just dynamite.

yeah, I didn’t watch too much of Brown this year. Footspeed and motivated play was the problem i saw in the limited seeing viewing I had at the start of the season but that could have improved. There is an extra notch you have to pass through when you leap from the AHL to the NHL.

Id expect he needs to start in the A while getting call ups throughout the year as injuries happen.

Bodies will get moved out as the year progresses so we’ll see how ready he really is.

I just think he will need more time.

That was the knock on brown earlier in his career, but to.persevere through injuries like he has and be effective is pretty impressive. I would imagine that's why belle missed the playoffs, he wasn't conditioned properly due to injury and ran out of steam. He'll be better for it imo

752019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I haven't watched much of him but was told Connor brown has a lot of the same traits as Clark MacArthur in terms of puck handling. Any truth to this ?

762019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I haven't watched much of him but was told Connor brown has a lot of the same traits as Clark MacArthur in terms of puck handling. Any truth to this ?

Except better at scoring? Maybe his style of play, but he's a better scorer and a pretty adept passer too.

I don't see that comparison personally.

772019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I haven't watched much of him but was told Connor brown has a lot of the same traits as Clark MacArthur in terms of puck handling. Any truth to this ?

Except better at scoring?  Maybe his style of play, but he's a better scorer and a pretty adept passer too.

I don't see that comparison personally.

I'm not sure but I feel like one of you is talking about Connor while the other one is talking about Logan.

782019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm definitely telling about the former leaf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum