GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

162019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:10 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Montreal has depth down the middle? Very light depth. The only center at or over 200 lbs is Nate Thompson. Kotkaniemi is 6'2" so he could fill out. He just doesn't look like he ever will.

172019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I honestly cant read nhl gms trade values anymore. It's all over the place and I don't think we can say for sure someone gives that illustrious 1st for pageau. Maybe, it'd be almost for sure if he signed and traded, but to me, it's very hard to figure his value.

182019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:28 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tkatchuk - White - Batherson
Duclair - Anisimov - Ryan
Tierney - Pageau - Brown
Boedker - Ennis - Balcers

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

I don't see a 4C...unless we rotate 3 Cs.

192019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:14 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

That is putrid.

202019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:46 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Montreal has depth down the middle?  Very light depth.  The only center at or over 200 lbs is Nate Thompson.  Kotkaniemi is 6'2" so he could fill out. He just doesn't look like he ever will.
Max Domi played number 1c last year with Danault.they now have Suzuki and Poeling coming in next year. Those are looking like legit top 6C’s. Their depth is just fine.

212019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:48 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Tkatchuk - White - Batherson
Tierney - Pageau - Brown

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

Great line-up to finish bottom 3. Let’s go!

222019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tierney - Pageau - Brown

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

Wasn't Tierney playing C too?

232019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Montreal has depth down the middle?  Very light depth.  The only center at or over 200 lbs is Nate Thompson.  Kotkaniemi is 6'2" so he could fill out. He just doesn't look like he ever will.
Max Domi played number 1c last year with Danault.they now have Suzuki and Poeling coming in next year. Those are looking like legit top 6C’s. Their depth is just fine.

In a Division with Boston and Tampa - and everyone keeps mentioning Florida, although I don't see it - do they have enough to be top 3?

If they somehow make it in they don't have the size to get far unless Price plays lights out. Not as good as Tampa and see what happened to them when the Jackets leaned on them a bit.

If Buffalo has its goaltending situation sorted out (big if) they will battle Montreal for 3rd or 4th.

242019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:14 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I actually think the East is wide open. 3 locks, 1 most likely and a 8 teams battling it out for the final 9 spots IMO.

Locks: Washington, Tampa, Boston
Most likely: Carolina,
Bubble: Pittsburgh, Toronto, Montreal, Philly, Florida, NYI, Rangers, Devils, Sabres
No chance: Ottawa, Columbus, Detroit.

Injuries and depth will be the difference IMO. I'd love to see NJ squeak in and I think Philly and Florida will be a lot better than last year

252019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

In a Division with Boston and Tampa - and everyone keeps mentioning Florida, although I don't see it - do they have enough to be top 3?

If they somehow make it in they don't have the size to get far unless Price plays lights out. Not as good as Tampa and see what happened to them when the Jackets leaned on them a bit.

If Buffalo has its goaltending situation sorted out (big if) they will battle Montreal for 3rd or 4th.

Florida *should* have goaltending now. Barkov is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. Huberdeau puts up points, and Hoffman is good for 30 goals. But their defense is very pedestrian and their offensive depth is non-existent. They're definitely a 7-12 team in the East. But I think Montreal finishes ahead of them and I have them out of the playoffs. They're going to regret that Bob contract.

262019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:26 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tierney - Pageau - Brown

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

I like your lineup but think they switch Batherson and Ryan to try to up Ryan's trade value. He's a really good passer and think he can rake up some points playing with White and Tkachuk. Not sure Batherson can handle top line minutes right now.

I can also see Anisimov on the wing with Pageau and Batherson as L2, and Tierney playing with Duclair and Brown as L3. Which leaves an awful 4th line in tack. I actually have no idea what these lines are going to look like. It's going to be a dung show. DJ Smith is destined to fail in year one but 2020 should see the emergence of Brannstrom, Brown, and maybe Formenton or Norris plus hopefully a top three pick.

272019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Wasn't Tierney playing C too?

Yeah, but not on the 4th line. They would rather play him wing than delegate him to the 4th line.

282019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
I like your lineup but think they switch Batherson and Ryan to try to up Ryan's trade value. He's a really good passer and think he can rake up some points playing with White and Tkachuk. Not sure Batherson can handle top line minutes right now.

I can also see Anisimov on the wing with Pageau and Batherson as L2, and Tierney playing with Duclair and Brown as L3. Which leaves an awful 4th line in tack. I actually have no idea what these lines are going to look like. It's going to be a dung show. DJ Smith is destined to fail in year one but 2020 should see the emergence of Brannstrom, Brown, and maybe Formenton or Norris plus hopefully a top three pick.

I dunno...it's near impossible to guess - as you say.  If I was coaching Ottawa, Batherson would be put on top line duty and PP1 etc. until it was proven he couldn't handler it.  I want to see this kid fly.  One of the top 25 prospects in the world, let him begin taking over this team with White and Tkachuk while we wait for reinforcements.

I also wouldn't give a flying Diddle about Ryan's trade value right now with 3 years remaining on the deal.  No one is taking that contract, even if he rebounds to a 60 point player, no one is taking it IMO.  He can play with Anisimov and Duclair and let Duclair be the speed of the line.  Or move down with Tierney and be the wily veteran to Tierney and Pageau's tenacious forecheck.

I also don't see a horrific lineup.  It lacks top end talent for sure, but we have a lot of depth at forward.  When Boedker is unquestionably a 3rd/4th liner, that not only means he stinks a bit, but it means you have options at least.

EDIT: And before anyone gets excited, no top end talent = top 5 pick in the draft. I'm well aware.

292019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I just think a Tkachuk-White-Batherson line will get hemmed in their zone way too much. I am not saying Ryan is a solution but maybe he's better than Batherson defensively right now? I am really not sure.

I do hope Batherson is training with Crosby, Mackinnon, and Marchand again this off-season.

302019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I just think a Tkachuk-White-Batherson line will get hemmed in their zone way too much. I am not saying Ryan is a solution but maybe he's better than Batherson defensively right now? I am really not sure.

I do hope Batherson is training with Crosby, Mackinnon, and Marchand again this off-season.

Don't think Ryan is better at anything than Batherson at this moment in their careers. But again, this is assuming that Batherson can play to the level of his pedigree.

I'm tremendously excited about him - as I'm sure most people are. I think he's gonna get comfortable in there and be the ying to Tkachuk's and White's yang, ie cleaning up the trash when they Diddle Dung up in front of the net.

Boy...what an opportunity for him. He's THE guy right now. Tkachuk is already a star and White is on the way to being a good 2-way C, but Batherson has the shot of all shots. He's young, he's top 25 ranked, he's got the tools, he didn't look out of place last year, he's had some success in the AHL.

This is it, the moment we've waited for (technically the moment was Tkachuk's debut really) Tkachuk has debuted and now it's time for Batherson, then Formenton in a year, then Norris in a year probably, then our top 3 pick next year, then Brannstrom this year - probably first injury call up, then Davidsson - soon ish.

Let's do this. Melnyk should be shot to the moon, but at the very least we can enjoy some youth!

312019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

By end of the season I am hoping for

Tkachuk-White-Norris
Duclair-Anisimov-Ryan
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg

322019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:By end of the season I am hoping for

Tkachuk-White-Norris
Duclair-Anisimov-Ryan
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg
I can’t see Btherson getting third line minutes. But that second line might very well be our 3rd or you’re not far off from the top 9.
I think Forementon has a shot at ending the season as a full time Sens. I’m still skeptic that Brown makes it. God I hope I’m wrong. Those D pairing are probably right.

332019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure formenton has the hands to match his speed and that will kill him. I hope I'm wrong.

Brown has had derailing issues with injury, hopefully he's past that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum