GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

312019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

By end of the season I am hoping for

Tkachuk-White-Norris
Duclair-Anisimov-Ryan
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg

322019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:By end of the season I am hoping for

Tkachuk-White-Norris
Duclair-Anisimov-Ryan
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg
I can’t see Btherson getting third line minutes. But that second line might very well be our 3rd or you’re not far off from the top 9.
I think Forementon has a shot at ending the season as a full time Sens. I’m still skeptic that Brown makes it. God I hope I’m wrong. Those D pairing are probably right.

332019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure formenton has the hands to match his speed and that will kill him. I hope I'm wrong.

Brown has had derailing issues with injury, hopefully he's past that.

342019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:59 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:By end of the season I am hoping for

Tkachuk-White-Norris
Duclair-Anisimov-Ryan
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg
I can’t see Btherson getting third line minutes. But that second line might very well be our 3rd or you’re not far off from the top 9.
I think Forementon has a shot at ending the season as a full time Sens. I’m still skeptic that Brown makes it. God I hope I’m wrong. Those D pairing are probably right.

He'll definitely get insulated minutes at first and will work his way up the lineup. You could also flip L2 and L3 or really any of the three top lines. Even that 4th line isn't all too bad.

352019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We have depth, we just lack elite level forwards.

362019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:17 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:We have depth,  we just lack elite level forwards.

Well, if we suck as projected we will have a top-three pick, Batherson has elite potential, Tkachuk has star potential, and I think Norris will be better than most expect. Brown is an unknown, and with all the picks in the coming draft we have potential to move that SJ pick (plus whatever we get for Pageau) to move up more in the draft.

Next off-season is make or break for this team. As much as I hate what is going on in Ottawa, Dorion has set the team up really well going forward. Now it's a matter of Eugene paying up.

372019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:44 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Well, if we suck as projected we will have a top-three pick, Batherson has elite potential, Tkachuk has star potential, and I think Norris will be better than most expect. Brown is an unknown, and with all the picks in the coming draft we have potential to move that SJ pick (plus whatever we get for Pageau) to move up more in the draft.

Next off-season is make or break for this team. As much as I hate what is going on in Ottawa, Dorion has set the team up really well going forward. Now it's a matter of Eugene paying up.

That centre position is still an unknown IMO. We need a legitimate top line C that borders on Elite. To be fair if we could pick too 3-5 we might have a shot at picking what we need but let’s see what comes our way. We definitely don’t have players we can trade for top prospects.

382019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

That centre position is still an unknown IMO. We need a legitimate top line C that borders on Elite. To be fair if we could pick too 3-5 we might have a shot at picking what we need but let’s see what comes our way. We definitely don’t have players we can trade for top prospects.

Don't be surprised if Pageau fetches another late 1st rd pick giving the Sens 3 this year with 3 second rd picks. If they want a #1 C they can certainly trade to get one or move up in the draft. I am still not sure I would take Byfield over Lafrenniere though.

392019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Don't be surprised if Pageau fetches another late 1st rd pick giving the Sens 3 this year with 3 second rd picks. If they want a #1 C they can certainly trade to get one or move up in the draft. I am still not sure I would take Byfield over Lafrenniere though.

yes, we can move up in the draft but it would take more than a couple of late first to move up in the top 10. and even then we're unsure if we still land a first-line C or another second-line C.

402019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need to place top 3 in the draft, obviously preferably 1st. That's the long and short.

That said....I have a good feeling about brown. Big and skilled can go a long way.

412019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I do hope Batherson is training with Crosby, Mackinnon, and Marchand again this off-season.

I don’t think you ever have to worry about that. He’s part of that group, he’s friends with them all and he’s a big body for them to work through. Here is a clip from this years training and Batheron is right there in the middle of it.
https://youtu.be/4Qgp2rjkVPg

422019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:We need to place top 3 in the draft, obviously preferably 1st.  That's the long and short.

That said....I have a good feeling about brown.  Big and skilled can go a long way.
I think if we don’t land 1st overall we’d be pretty set with Byfield also.
There’s great players after that but so far the top 2 will be crazy good.

Two names I’m keeping an eye on for later draft picks could be Askarov and stranges.

I know we probably don’t need another goalie but Askarov sounds like a can miss elite goalie. He might even sneak into the top 10. Maybe he falls. Interesting name none the less.

Stranges is a player that could skyrocket or fall. I read that he could be called selfish but he was playing on the third line last year in juniors. This year he could explode. He’s got filthy filthy moves but is he another Robby Shremp or the goal scoring wizard of the draft.

It’s gonna be an exciting year to draft. I really don’t want to package any 1sts together to move up. Maybe add some seconds but if I was Dorion I’d try to get as many picks in the first round as I can and maybe shoot for the fences on some guys on there. This draft could make us if we acquire a 3rd 1st let alone maybe a 4rth somehow.

432019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man...I don't know what's gonna happen, but Brown will probably have to start in Belle. If he had a good summer working, he'll be able to have a really good start down there and force Ottawa's hand by mid-year.

I'm thinking they waive Boedker and try to get someone to pick up that contract so they can have Brown in there at some point, but it'll get tricky - and no one will take Boeker and it'll Diddle up any trade value he has at the deadline.

Still...Brown/Batherson has the potential to be real. Ideally you win the lottery and you have Laf at LW with Brown and Batherson, then Tkachuk with White and you're starting to look better and better.

Brown's on my mind these days. I think we all realized how much injuries hurt his development, but seeing him relatively healthy for long stretches last year - and what he could do is quite exciting.

442019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:15 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Man...I don't know what's gonna happen, but Brown will probably have to start in Belle.  If he had a good summer working, he'll be able to have a really good start down there and force Ottawa's hand by mid-year.

I'm thinking they waive Boedker and try to get someone to pick up that contract so they can have Brown in there at some point, but it'll get tricky - and no one will take Boeker and it'll Diddle up any trade value he has at the deadline.

Still...Brown/Batherson has the potential to be real.  Ideally you win the lottery and you have Laf at LW with Brown and Batherson, then Tkachuk with White and you're starting to look better and better.

Brown's on my mind these days.  I think we all realized how much injuries hurt his development, but seeing him relatively healthy for long stretches last year - and what he could do is quite exciting.

Its interesting as I’m still unconvinced by his success in belle as I am that it will translate. I need to see him in the NHL being able to keep up with the pace to start believing. Nothing I’ve seen convinces me that he’s done that. I really hope he can as he’s the only prospect we have that really has true 1st liner potential. Probably also why I’m so intreagued with Byfield .

452019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Man...I don't know what's gonna happen, but Brown will probably have to start in Belle.  If he had a good summer working, he'll be able to have a really good start down there and force Ottawa's hand by mid-year.

Still...Brown/Batherson has the potential to be real.  Ideally you win the lottery and you have Laf at LW with Brown and Batherson, then Tkachuk with White and you're starting to look better and better.

Brown's on my mind these days.  I think we all realized how much injuries hurt his development, but seeing him relatively healthy for long stretches last year - and what he could do is quite exciting.

Its interesting as I’m still unconvinced by his success in belle as I am that it will translate. I need to see him in the NHL being able to keep up with the pace to start believing. Nothing I’ve seen convinces me that he’s done that. I really hope he can as he’s the only prospect we have that really has true 1st liner potential. Probably also why I’m so intreagued with Byfield .

Disagree there. Batherson has 1st line potential for sure.

462019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:31 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

In an ideal world you have a top six of:

Lafreniere-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Norris

And a bottom six of

Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Balcers-Chlapik-Davidsson

And you mix Abramov, Veronneau, Parker, Gruden etc somewhere if there is a fit.

The Sens will be exciting to watch and will be good on 2-3 years of everything works out as planned.

472019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

I think Brown is your perfect 2C to a bonafide 1C - which is why I agree with the Byfield sentiment. But Laf would be killer as well.

Batherson is a top line player IMO. You'll see.

482019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:In an ideal world you have a top six of:

Lafreniere-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Norris

And a bottom six of

Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Balcers-Chlapik-Davidsson

And you mix Abramov, Veronneau, Parker, Gruden etc somewhere if there is a fit.

The Sens will be exciting to watch and will be good on 2-3 years of everything works out as planned.

I'm not convinced Norris has top 6 upside. I'm curious and hopeful, but I'm not convinced at all. I think he slots into the 3C pretty nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum