GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

462019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:31 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

In an ideal world you have a top six of:

Lafreniere-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Norris

And a bottom six of

Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Balcers-Chlapik-Davidsson

And you mix Abramov, Veronneau, Parker, Gruden etc somewhere if there is a fit.

The Sens will be exciting to watch and will be good on 2-3 years of everything works out as planned.

472019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Man...I don't know what's gonna happen, but Brown will probably have to start in Belle.  If he had a good summer working, he'll be able to have a really good start down there and force Ottawa's hand by mid-year.

I'm thinking they waive Boedker and try to get someone to pick up that contract so they can have Brown in there at some point, but it'll get tricky - and no one will take Boeker and it'll Diddle up any trade value he has at the deadline.

Still...Brown/Batherson has the potential to be real.  Ideally you win the lottery and you have Laf at LW with Brown and Batherson, then Tkachuk with White and you're starting to look better and better.

Brown's on my mind these days.  I think we all realized how much injuries hurt his development, but seeing him relatively healthy for long stretches last year - and what he could do is quite exciting.

Its interesting as I’m still unconvinced by his success in belle as I am that it will translate. I need to see him in the NHL being able to keep up with the pace to start believing. Nothing I’ve seen convinces me that he’s done that. I really hope he can as he’s the only prospect we have that really has true 1st liner potential. Probably also why I’m so intreagued with Byfield .

I think Brown is your perfect 2C to a bonafide 1C - which is why I agree with the Byfield sentiment. But Laf would be killer as well.

Batherson is a top line player IMO. You'll see.

482019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:In an ideal world you have a top six of:

Lafreniere-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Norris

And a bottom six of

Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Balcers-Chlapik-Davidsson

And you mix Abramov, Veronneau, Parker, Gruden etc somewhere if there is a fit.

The Sens will be exciting to watch and will be good on 2-3 years of everything works out as planned.

I'm not convinced Norris has top 6 upside. I'm curious and hopeful, but I'm not convinced at all. I think he slots into the 3C pretty nicely.

492019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:40 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think be does. And I think the chemistry will be off the charts with him tkachuk and white having all played hockey together and being friends off the ice. Sometimes chemistry outweighs skill. I think he'll have a great season in Belleville this year and he'll be ready for next season .

502019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think be does. And I think the chemistry will be off the charts with him tkachuk and white having all played hockey together and being friends off the ice. Sometimes chemistry outweighs skill. I think he'll have a great season in Belleville this year and he'll be ready for next season .

That's true, I forgot about the Tkachuk connection there. Let me be the first to say, I hope you're right!

512019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Man...I don't know what's gonna happen, but Brown will probably have to start in Belle.  If he had a good summer working, he'll be able to have a really good start down there and force Ottawa's hand by mid-year.

I'm thinking they waive Boedker and try to get someone to pick up that contract so they can have Brown in there at some point, but it'll get tricky - and no one will take Boeker and it'll Diddle up any trade value he has at the deadline.

Still...Brown/Batherson has the potential to be real.  Ideally you win the lottery and you have Laf at LW with Brown and Batherson, then Tkachuk with White and you're starting to look better and better.

Brown's on my mind these days.  I think we all realized how much injuries hurt his development, but seeing him relatively healthy for long stretches last year - and what he could do is quite exciting.

Its interesting as I’m still unconvinced by his success in belle as I am that it will translate. I need to see him in the NHL being able to keep up with the pace to start believing. Nothing I’ve seen convinces me that he’s done that. I really hope he can as he’s the only prospect we have that really has true 1st liner potential. Probably also why I’m so intreagued with Byfield .

Disagree there. Batherson has 1st line potential for sure.
i'm talking about Brown. Batherson definitely has first-line potential.

522019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Brown is your perfect 2C to a bonafide 1C - which is why I agree with the Byfield sentiment.  But Laf would be killer as well.

Batherson is a top line player IMO.  You'll see.
i agree with Batherson Laugh1
Brown remains to be seen on a lot of levels.

532019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Byfield is a physical specimen. He will be one of the youngest players in his draft year. Lafreniere has no weaknesses and will be hard to pass up at #1. Byfield could go #1 just because his size and untapped potential with it as he becomes a man. Everyone knows what Lafreniere brings and it is what every team needs. That is the best way I can describe differentiating the two when it comes to 1st overall.

542019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:53 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I saw a comparison that may somewhat be telling

Byfield - Thornton
Lafrenniere - Panarin

552019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sure Laf or Byfield can't WAIT to be a part of the Ottawa organization.

562019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:Byfield is a physical specimen. He will be one of the youngest players in his draft year. Lafreniere has no weaknesses and will be hard to pass up at #1. Byfield could go #1 just because his size and untapped potential with it as he becomes a man. Everyone knows what Lafreniere brings and it is what every team needs. That is the best way I can describe differentiating the two when it comes to 1st overall.

So if the draft is today and you hold the #1 pick, which of the two do you pick?

572019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Byfield is a physical specimen. He will be one of the youngest players in his draft year. Lafreniere has no weaknesses and will be hard to pass up at #1. Byfield could go #1 just because his size and untapped potential with it as he becomes a man. Everyone knows what Lafreniere brings and it is what every team needs. That is the best way I can describe differentiating the two when it comes to 1st overall.

So if the draft is today and you hold the #1 pick, which of the two do you pick?

this is like this year's draft. where you're kinda happy to be in the NYR position. whoever falls to two, the org that drafts in that spot will have the easiest choice to make.

i seriously want Byfield, but how do you pass up on Lafreniere..?

582019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'm sure Laf or Byfield can't WAIT to be a part of the Ottawa organization.

I feel a sarcastic tone to your post Sarcasm

592019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw a comparison that may somewhat be telling

Byfield - Thornton
Lafrenniere - Panarin

I couldn’t disagree more with those comparisons. Not even close.

602019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:30 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:

Hot seat. It is unheard of to pass on talent like Lafreniere, but Byfield continues to dominate his older opponents and make his teammates better. I don’t know how it will translate once his body stops growing. Lafreniere will go 1st, but I would take Byfield. It is also a year away and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Byfield fall a little because nobody in hockey who is that big has seamless transitions into their body at every level. His draft year might just be his awkward year.

Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

612019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

this is like this year's draft. where you're kinda happy to be in the NYR position. whoever falls to two, the org that drafts in that spot will have the easiest choice to make.

i seriously want Byfield, but how do you pass up on Lafreniere..?

I just saw this now. Yes.

622019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Rankings don’t matter at this point and I don’t like Button because he doesn’t scout live as much as others, he is getting to more games recently now though, but Button has Byfield at 6. That’s not cool or close.

632019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:05 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw a comparison that may somewhat be telling

Byfield - Thornton
Lafrenniere - Panarin

I couldn’t disagree more with those comparisons. Not even close.

I can't remember where I saw this. I think they look at size for Byfield (not many elite centers at his size to compare to) and for Lafrenniere they went for the highest paid winger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum