GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 Expansion draft

+3
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

12020 Expansion draft Empty 2020 Expansion draft Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Impact on the Sens. 

Ceci’s new contract can not include a no trade clause.  
White and Chabot will need to be protected.  
Anyone on an ELC slide or picked this year will be exempt. 
We will need another goalie under contract as only Hogberg will be eligible if Dreidger is gone.

22020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:58 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow this demands to much foresight for my Donkey this morning. Ceci might be gone by then is all I can come up woth

32020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:04 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Impact on the Sens. 

We will need another goalie under contract as only Hogberg will be eligible if Dreidger is gone.

I love that Buttman said it'll be the exact same rules. You know he's loving the success Vegas is having.

42020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Impact on the Sens. 

I love that Buttman said it'll be the exact same rules.  You know he's loving the success Vegas i
How could he not. If this is the result you get for 500 millions and the owner signed off on it then they are all laughing their way to the bank with the 650 mill Seattle is gonna cost.

I don’t know that I mind. Seattle creates a more even numbers between easy and west and for once it’s not a southern market. Good rivalry potential.
I’m all for it.

Hopefully Quebec City gets a relocation though, they’ve played ball

52020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We spanked them good last night. Even though Andy was driving the tank early, even though they had a day off in Vegas before the game, even though Burrows and JOB are playing while White toils in the minors, we still beat the league darlings in their own barn.

62020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:03 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Felt good.

And Ryan showing he’s not done.

72020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was actually a super entertaining game. Mark Stone is ridiculous. People appreciate how incredibly good he is, and he's still under-appreciated.

82020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fortunately whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, so they will now lose to Arizona and Buffalo as Burrows gets a lifetime suspension for biting someone's jugular and gargling with their blood.

92020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My source (me) was right again.

102020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Arizona had been playing well, of late. They are now 4 pts back of the Sens. Just what is the difference in odds between 29, 30 and 31?

112020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Arizona had been playing well, of late.  They are now 4 pts back of the Sens.  Just what is the difference in odds between 29, 30 and 31?

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Last place gets 18%, second last 12.5%, 3rd last 10.5%. The odds suck, regardless of where we finish, so to me, there's no real point investing in the hype of finishing last and having an outside shot at Dahlin. I don't see us getting down to 31st....

122020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:57 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Since you cannot fall more than 3 spots there is a huge benefit of finishing dead last this year in particular.  Significant drop off from the top 4.

132020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Since you cannot fall more than 3 spots there is a huge benefit of finishing dead last this year in particular.  Significant drop off from the top 4.

Yeah that does make sense, although I’m not sure we’ll manage to really dip to 1st. Even with only 4 points out of a playoff spot.

142020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

10.5% to 18.0% is a very significant jump.  And if Buffalo is 30th you know they never win, so add their 12.5% Smile

I'm sure you've already heard about Ev@n Bouchard.  Ranked 6th in the latest ISS Top-31 list, just behind Adam Boqvist. But Boqvist is smaller and plays in Europe.  In other words Bouchard is already playing NA style hockey.

If the Sens win the lottery it's a no brainer, you take Dahlin.  If they are picking 2nd or 3rd then it's Zadina or Tkachuk (I just don't see them picking a Russian, yet). But if they are picking 4/5 then they may well go for Bouchard.  He has size and playing in the O on his side over Boqvist, and he's a rightie, to boot.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

152020 Expansion draft Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Svechnikov is a better pick than Zadina or Tkachuk.  Ottawa might take Bouchard over Boqvist but not one of the wingers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum