GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 Expansion draft

+3
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

612020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if I’m wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. He’s impressive and it wouldn’t surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

622020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if I’m wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. He’s impressive and it wouldn’t surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

632020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if I’m wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. He’s impressive and it wouldn’t surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

Based on what? We have no idea who they'll take.

642020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t agree with you that if Dahlin goes first overall and the Sens have 2nd pick that they would take Bouchard. Not sure why you think you know this or why that would happen. Passing up on Svechnikov or Zadina wouldn’t be the greatest decision in my opinion.

652020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

Laughing3 This is rich.

662020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

672020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

Ya got that right.

682020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Laughing3  This is rich.

Dude, we get it. You don't need to keep doing this.

692020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

That’s why I made a new thread.

702020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Based on organizational need. They have practically no depth in the system defensively, especially on the right hand side. Just a hunch, but if they plan on trading Karlsson they'll need someone better than Ceci and Wideman down the road.

I just can't see them taking a forward if they trade Karl.

712020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Based on organizational need. They have practically no depth in the system defensively, especially on the right hand side. Just a hunch, but if they plan on trading Karlsson they'll need someone better than Ceci and Wideman down the road.

You don't pass on somebody you prefer (if that's the case) because of need. They would most likely get a D in return for Karlsson anyway.

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work. It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

722020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:

You don't pass on somebody you prefer (if that's the case) because of need. They would most likely get a D in return for Karlsson anyway.

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work.  It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

The only scenario we know is if Ottawa picks #1. We don't even know the draft order yet. The one thing I found interesting is that Ottawa doesn't have to decide if they're giving Colorado the pick until they're actually on the clock on the draft floor.

732020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work.  It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

The only scenario we know is if Ottawa picks #1.  We don't even know the draft order yet.  The one thing I found interesting is that Ottawa doesn't have to decide if they're giving Colorado the pick until they're actually on the clock on the draft floor.  

That's a huge detail. So if Ottawa gets pick 7-10 they can decide then and there depending on who was selected.

742020 Expansion draft - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of course it has to be that way. It's Ottawa's option. The only thing they can't do is change their mind next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum