GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 Expansion draft

+3
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

462020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Subban has no clauses in his contract so it could work with Edmonton.

Nash - EK
Edm - PK
Ott - Draisitl.

Or to get really fun

Nash - Ek
Edm - PK And Hoffman
Ott - Draisitl and Edm 1st this year. Chia must be sweating for his job.

472020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Subban has no clauses in his contract so it could work with Edmonton.

Nash - EK
Edm - PK
Ott - Draisitl.

Or to get really fun

Nash - Ek
Edm - PK And Hoffman
Ott - Draisitl and Edm 1st this year.  Chia must be sweating for his job.

You really want Draisaitl eh. Sarcasm

And yeah, you’re right. Chia is under immense pressure to get faster. Hoff makes a lot of sense for Edmonton. That’s a pretty big win for edmonton as well. Clears a bunch of salary (and whatever they figured they’d pay for EK) for Ottawa but I still feel like we need some Dman coming back. Maybe somehow make sure we get Nurse back in that deal

482020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:53 am

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I love Draisitl. I believe being strong down the middle is the most important part of being an elite team. Having Draisitl and Duchene is a great 1-2.

492020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We are actually pretty set with our forwards assuming some of our guys pan out. We are also going to re-sign Stone and Duchene to $8M deals so adding Draisitl doesn't make sense. IMO, players with real NHL potential (not including NCAA):

Forwards: Formenton, Brown, White, Chlapik, Batherson, Gagne, Perron, Luchuk, Paul, Sexton
Defencemen: Jaros, Englund, Pokka, Lajoie
Goalies: Gustavsson, Hogberg, Taylor (who will be gone next year)

I imagine Ottawa will go hard after an NCAA defensemen free agent with Brickley being the preferred guy: http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/03/05/2018-college-hockey-free-agents/

I still think Ottawa trades with Tampa. It may be Point or Sergachev coming back. I personally would prefer Point but think Ottawa needs Sergachev back. Tampa has the cap room and futures to make this happen.

If Ottawa gets any combination of Sergachev, Dhalin, Brickley or Bouchard (at least two of these guys) I think the blueline will be fine moving forward. Maybe not in the immediate future but within 2-3 seasons. Keep in mind we have Chabot who just needs to add strength this off-season. He is on pace for 30 points this season in a very limited role.

502020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:20 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also think Smith will be on the move this summer. I just don't see a role for him. And assuming Ottawa does trade Karl to Tampa you'd be looking at a pretty decent lineup (or potential lineup) by adding Point/Sergachev, Chlapik, White and maybe Formenton, Brown or Gagne

512020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we're trading with Tampa, I want Point AND Sergachev, thank you very much. If we have to add a tiny bit to Karlsson to make that happen, make it happen.

522020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:20 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:If we're trading with Tampa, I want Point AND Sergachev, thank you very much.  If we have to add a tiny bit to Karlsson to make that happen, make it happen.

Potentially a big ask but I like where your head is at

532020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We are actually pretty set with our forwards assuming some of our guys pan out. We are also going to re-sign Stone and Duchene to $8M deals so adding Draisitl doesn't make sense. IMO, players with real NHL potential (not including NCAA):

Forwards: Formenton, Brown, White, Chlapik, Batherson, Gagne, Perron, Luchuk, Paul, Sexton

I imagine Ottawa will go hard after an NCAA defensemen free agent with Brickley being the preferred guy: http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/03/05/2018-college-hockey-free-agents/

I still think Ottawa trades with Tampa. It may be Point or Sergachev coming back. I personally would prefer Point but think Ottawa needs Sergachev back. Tampa has the cap room and futures to make this happen.

If Ottawa gets any combination of Sergachev, Dhalin, Brickley or Bouchard (at least two of these guys) I think the blueline will be fine moving forward. Maybe not in the immediate future but within 2-3 seasons. Keep in mind we have Chabot who just needs to add strength this off-season. He is on pace for 30 points this season in a very limited role.

The bold in my opinion big ifs and the strike thru IMO probably not going to be NHLers or not with us (I’m looking at you Paul)

I have to agree with Ev, I think the kalrsson ship has sailed with Kalrsson to Tampa. They went with their move this trade deadline for the next two years. They traded assets they were willing to part with but it doesn’t sound like they want to part ways with point and / or sergachev in any deal.

Kalrsson’s Return will likely have to come from elsewhere.
What I’m truly worried about is Dorion’s being unable to bring in some top blue chip prospects back in a deal. 1sts ok, he can do that. But those real promising prospects will be hard for him to get and will be a real proof of his ability to wheel ad deal.
We know he can ship out assets but can he bring them in?

542020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We are actually pretty set with our forwards assuming some of our guys pan out. We are also going to re-sign Stone and Duchene to $8M deals so adding Draisitl doesn't make sense. IMO, players with real NHL potential (not including NCAA):

The bold in my opinion big ifs and the strike thru IMO probably not going to be NHLers or not with us (I’m looking at you Paul)

I have to agree with Ev, I think the kalrsson ship has sailed with Kalrsson to Tampa. They went with their move this trade deadline for the next two years. They traded assets they were willing to part with but it doesn’t sound like they want to part ways with point and / or sergachev in any deal.

Kalrsson’s Return will likely have to come from elsewhere.
What I’m truly worried about is Dorion’s being unable to bring in some top blue chip prospects back in a deal. 1sts ok, he can do that. But those real promising prospects will be hard for him to get and will be a real proof of his ability to wheel ad deal.
We know he can ship out assets but can he bring them in?

The only argument I would make is that Gagne has an NHL shot. He could be a decent depth scorer down the road. Luchuk is a wild card IMO. Guy seems to be able to put up points. He may be an AHL lifer but only time will tell.

Otherwise I agree with you. I am concerned of what Dorion brings in via Karlsson trade.

552020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:43 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I tend to agree. Tampa no longer will want to trade for Karlsson. Who are the leading candidates? Vegas? Nashville?

562020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I tend to agree. Tampa no longer will want to trade for Karlsson.  Who are the leading candidates?  Vegas?  Nashville?  

Vancouver could be an interesting option. Down two Sedins, probably have a top 5 pick, a few decent prospects in the system, buddies with Edler and Eriksson.

572020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Virtanen, Juolevi, Leipsic 1st rd pick for Karl?

582020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Virtanen, Juolevi,  Leipsic 1st rd pick for Karl?

To me, this would hinge on how the Sens feel about Juolevi. Neither Virtanen or Leipsic make me that excited, although you're likely getting reliable NHLers.

592020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Virtanen, Juolevi,  Leipsic 1st rd pick for Karl?

To me, this would hinge on how the Sens feel about Juolevi.  Neither Virtanen or Leipsic make me that excited, although you're likely getting reliable NHLers.
Vancouver are idiots if they trade for Kalrsson. They aren’t ready to make that kind of move. They need more assets in their rebuild. They will be crucified if they try that.

I think we have to see what teams do what in the playoffs. And the amount of success they have. Any team that was interested in Karlsson that wins the cup might lose interest du to being able to repeat with the current core.

I think if Nashville comes close again they will double down and go all in in a big way. I think Vegas is an interesting option(one I don’t agree with if I was the GM in Vegas) but they are probably looking into bringing an impact franchise player. I could see that move being done after July 1st though knowing they can resign him.

Actually, it’s obviously more beneficial for most teams to sign him past July 1st on that note, but it won’t help us with the draft this year and what we chose to do with our number one pick if it falls out of the top 5.

602020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For what it's worth Juolevi was a consensus high draft pick and REDACTED Bouchard is well ahead of him points wise. I'm okay with a top six pick this year or deferring it next year depending on what Ottawa decides to do with Karl. Lots of variables to consider. No need to think about it until 28 April.

612020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if I’m wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. He’s impressive and it wouldn’t surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

622020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if I’m wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. He’s impressive and it wouldn’t surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

632020 Expansion draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if I’m wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. He’s impressive and it wouldn’t surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

Based on what? We have no idea who they'll take.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum