GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

12019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tkatchuk - White - Batherson
Duclair - Pageau - Ryan
Boedker - Tierney - Brown
Ennis - Smith - Balcers

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

I

Anderson
Nilsson

22019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:56 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Looks about right. Though I thought veronneau would start in the NHL as a 4th liner and I think Balcers may be more of a 3rd line guy.

I feel for Lajoie. Guy gets injured and finds himself buried behind a deep pool of prospects.

32019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:09 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Tkachuk - Batherson - Grewe
Gusev - Pageau - Ryan
Duclair - Tierney - Lavoie
White - Smith - Balcers

Chabot - Miller
Wolanin - DeMelo
Schenn - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

I’m sort of kidding.

42019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Tkatchuk - White - Batherson
Duclair - Pageau - Ryan
Boedker - Tierney - Brown
Ennis - Smith - Balcers

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

I was gonna post mine but the only difference for forwards would have been flipping Bodker-Ennis.

We have too many older 3rd liners for a team in rebuild. Thachuk, White, Batherson should be locks. Chlapik and Balcers should both be third line or better. What if either Norris or Brown really show well in camp?

52019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looks about right. Though I thought veronneau would start in the NHL as a 4th liner and I think Balcers may be more of a 3rd line guy.

I feel for Lajoie. Guy gets injured and finds himself buried behind a deep pool of prospects.
There'll be injuries though and he'll have to look a lot better than he did - although, he may have been injured the whole time.

62019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:13 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so the more things are developing the more I have questions about Pageau and his future on the team.

he will probably play top 9/top 6 this coming season but does anyone think he's not lining up to wind up playing the 4rth line after this season? i feel the organization has plans for younger guys to play the top 3 C positions and Pageau himself probably does not want to play a 4rth line role going forward. i can see him looking toward free agency to see if he can fit on a team that has a need on the 3rd line at least. he's gonna get good minutes this year but probably not after.

does the org look to move him understanding that? or do they pay him market value for a very good 3rd line center even though he could be pushed down fairly soon.

I think he's a guy you want to keep and build around but for how much and does he want to. I think it would take a 4-4.5 mill contract to keep him. he's basically a Vermette all over again.

everyone is talking about Chabot's and white's next contract but they'll be on the team we know that much.
Pageau we hear very little about and the team is tight-lipped also.

72019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:40 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think he ends up on a team like Pitt next season.

82019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Assuming he plays top six minutes he's going to have some inflated stats, making him a valuable trade chip at the deadline or before.

92019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Assuming he plays top six minutes he's going to have some inflated stats, making him a valuable trade chip at the deadline or before.

He'll be the steal of the trade deadline as he'll come in super cheap due to his cap hit and can play anywhere in the lineup (2C to 4C). IMO he's worth a B prospect or a late 1st rd pick. Again, a team like Pitt who just lost Matt Cullen may come calling. Depending on where the Canadiens are in the standings he'd be a good fit there too. But I see him as a depth move for a team close to the cap looking to secure a 3C position, hence Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Washington, Montreal, Chicago, Boston, and the Flyers make the most sense to me.

102019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And I think Colin White replaces him as the 3C when the Sens are more competitive. Brown will be 2C and Byfield (hopefully) 1C.

112019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Assuming he plays top six minutes he's going to have some inflated stats, making him a valuable trade chip at the deadline or before.

He'll be the steal of the trade deadline as he'll come in super cheap due to his cap hit and can play anywhere in the lineup (2C to 4C). IMO he's worth a B prospect or a late 1st rd pick. Again, a team like Pitt who just lost Matt Cullen may come calling. Depending on where the Canadiens are in the standings he'd be a good fit there too. But I see him as a depth move for a team close to the cap looking to secure a 3C position, hence Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Washington, Montreal, Chicago, Boston, and the Flyers make the most sense to me.
For once Montreal has depth down the middle. Unless they suffer a rash of injuries I don’t see where he fits in. They’ll be teams calling but I would like better than a B prospect or a 1st. Tome it starts wi5 a first round pick and possiblymore. He’s a playoff type of player that can make put your team over the top.
As it’s been said, he may have some fairly inflated stats this year and so might fetch more than one would imagine.

122019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's a good fit in Montreal because he's small, French, and a Habs killer. He plays well in a defensive system and scores goals in the playoffs. He's pesky like most forwards in Mtl.

Don't over-value Pageau. He's a late 1st and B prospect at most unless there is a really competitive market for him. At the end of the day he's a 3C on an expiring contract.

132019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montreal has depth down the middle? Very light depth. The only center at or over 200 lbs is Nate Thompson. Kotkaniemi is 6'2" so he could fill out. He just doesn't look like he ever will.

142019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I honestly cant read nhl gms trade values anymore. It's all over the place and I don't think we can say for sure someone gives that illustrious 1st for pageau. Maybe, it'd be almost for sure if he signed and traded, but to me, it's very hard to figure his value.

152019/2020 Lineup Combos Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tkatchuk - White - Batherson
Duclair - Anisimov - Ryan
Tierney - Pageau - Brown
Boedker - Ennis - Balcers

Chabot - Demelo
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilsson

I don't see a 4C...unless we rotate 3 Cs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum