GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 Expansion draft

+3
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

312020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

REDACTED Bouchard is my dark horse pick for the Sens if they don't draft Dhalin.

Prospects with NHL potential: White, Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Perron, Gagne, Chlapik

Defensemen: Jaros, Englund

We have a lot more forward depth. If Karlsson is traded I think Ottawa will go with Bouchard who is a 6'2" puck moving RHD. Leads London and OHL defencemen with points.

If Ottawa does get Dhalin I imagine Karlsson will be kept and Ceci traded. Just a hunch.

322020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hmmm... apparently when I type 'REDACTED' it changes to 'REDACTED'

332020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev@n ? Does this work?

Super weird. What is going on around here

342020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think someone a long time ago thought it was funny to ban people from saying "Ev@n". I dunno.

352020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:REDACTED Bouchard is my dark horse pick for the Sens if they don't draft Dhalin.

Prospects with NHL potential: White, Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Perron, Gagne, Chlapik

We have a lot more forward depth. If Karlsson is traded I think Ottawa will go with Bouchard who is a 6'2" puck moving RHD. Leads London and OHL defencemen with points.

If Ottawa does get Dhalin I imagine Karlsson will be kept and Ceci traded. Just a hunch.

I think you’re right that the sens are in need of some D. That’s why I was somewhat interested on the return kalrsson could have had from Nashville. I think there’s a pretty good chance the sens move kalrsson this summer but I hope they have it in their right mind to get a blue chip D prospect back or a young D man with plenty of upside.

I don’t see Ceci traded if Kalrsson is. Dorion holds quite a candle to Ceci. Just doesn’t feel like the kind of trade he would do.

362020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:REDACTED Bouchard is my dark horse pick for the Sens if they don't draft Dhalin.

I think you’re right that the sens are in need of some D. That’s why I was somewhat interested on the return kalrsson could have had from Nashville. I think there’s a pretty good chance the sens move kalrsson this summer but I hope they have it in their right mind to get a blue chip D prospect back or a young D man with plenty of upside.

I don’t see Ceci traded if Kalrsson is. Dorion holds quite a candle to Ceci. Just doesn’t feel like the kind of trade he would do.

I think one of Karlsson or Ceci will be traded. Point I was making in that Dhalin could be mentored by Karlsson, but if they decide to draft a RHD in Bouchard they may decide to move Karl if it means getting Sergachev in return. Still a huge hole in the top four IMO.

372020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Tampa has McDonagh now so I doubt there is still interest in EK.

382020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:Tampa has McDonagh now so I doubt there is still interest in EK.  

McDonagh is a LHD but I see your point. I still believe there to be interest in Karlsson, especially given the number of high-end prospects that have. Losing Point or Sergachev hurts but adding Karlsson more than makes up for that.

I believe NYR could have interest in Karl. Another top five pick could be huge for Ottawa in the upcoming draft and they have the cap room to take on Ryan.

Maybe the Isles too depending on what happens with Tavares.

392020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

TB will need to pay Kucherov so EK is unlikely. I think they envision 1.5 years of him.
NYR is in full reset and are unlikely to take on an extension to a 29 year old.
NYI who knows.
Vegas fits as does Edmonton, Calgary, Philly, Boston and Nashville.

402020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:TB will need to pay Kucherov so EK is unlikely. I think they envision 1.5 years of him.
NYI who knows.  

I can’t see how calgary fits kalrs, although maybe they trade one of their D out. Same goes for Nashville.

I would love jossi back in a kalrsson deal although that’s completely unlikely.

412020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tampa has only two defenceman signed after next year - Hedman and Sergachev. Coburn, McDonagh, Stralman, Sjustr, Girardi are all UFA's before then ($17.5M), with Koekkoek and Dotchin (bottom pairing guys) as RFA's. They also have Callahan coming off the books the year after ($5.8M) and probably won't be re-signing Kunitz ($2M). Gourde is another UFA in that same year.

That's a ton of cap space to re-sign Karlsson, Kucherov, and Sergachev especially when they're insulated with so many high-end prospects on ELCs. Keep in mind with the state tax Karlsson needs to make roughly $10M AAV to have double the take-home income.

422020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:TB will need to pay Kucherov so EK is unlikely. I think they envision 1.5 years of him.
NYI who knows.  

I can’t see how calgary fits kalrs, although maybe they trade one of their D out. Same goes for Nashville.

There has been talk of Nashville moving on from Subban and Poole is very aggressive.
Calgary will be reshuffling their D and there has been interest.

I doubt Calgary would be on his approved trade list anyway.

432020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tampa has only two defenceman signed after next year - Hedman and Sergachev. Coburn, McDonagh, Stralman, Sjustr, Girardi are all UFA's before then ($17.5M), with Koekkoek and Dotchin (bottom pairing guys) as RFA's. They also have Callahan coming off the books the year after ($5.8M) and probably won't be re-signing Kunitz ($2M). Gourde is another UFA in that same year.

That's a ton of cap space to re-sign Karlsson, Kucherov, and Sergachev especially when they're insulated with so many high-end prospects on ELCs. Keep in mind with the state tax Karlsson needs to make roughly $10M AAV to have double the take-home income.  
I have no doubt they will be re signing McDonagh and they wouldn’t move Sergechev at the trade deadline so what is the piece coming back.

442020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NYI who knows.  

There has been talk of Nashville moving on from Subban and Poole is very aggressive.  
Calgary will be reshuffling their D and there has been interest.  

I doubt Calgary would be on his approved trade list anyway.

As much I
As I think there’s a place and time for Subban on the ice I’m not sure I’d want Subban in the dressing room in a market like Ottawa. He’s better suited to American markets where he’s not The toast of the town.
That said maybe they move him somewhere else to make room for Kalrsson. But Theematteblacks Im not sure who they move to acquire him. Pieces they receive from Toronto for Subban? Sarcasm
I would love me some marner.

452020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I was in no way implying a Subban swap for Karlsson, maybe a 3 way with Edmonton or Toronto.

462020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Subban has no clauses in his contract so it could work with Edmonton.

Nash - EK
Edm - PK
Ott - Draisitl.

Or to get really fun

Nash - Ek
Edm - PK And Hoffman
Ott - Draisitl and Edm 1st this year. Chia must be sweating for his job.

472020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Subban has no clauses in his contract so it could work with Edmonton.

Nash - EK
Edm - PK
Ott - Draisitl.

Or to get really fun

Nash - Ek
Edm - PK And Hoffman
Ott - Draisitl and Edm 1st this year.  Chia must be sweating for his job.

You really want Draisaitl eh. Sarcasm

And yeah, you’re right. Chia is under immense pressure to get faster. Hoff makes a lot of sense for Edmonton. That’s a pretty big win for edmonton as well. Clears a bunch of salary (and whatever they figured they’d pay for EK) for Ottawa but I still feel like we need some Dman coming back. Maybe somehow make sure we get Nurse back in that deal

482020 Expansion draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:53 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I love Draisitl. I believe being strong down the middle is the most important part of being an elite team. Having Draisitl and Duchene is a great 1-2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum