GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019 Mock Drafts

+4
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

762019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pinto sounds like a heck of a pick.

772019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who even knows lol, it’s insane how people react so negatively to random crapshoot draft picks. As always time will tell. Most of these second round picks will bust.

782019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Who even knows lol, it’s insane how people react so negatively to random crapshoot draft picks. As always time will tell. Most of these second round picks will bust.

People rely solely on the NHL.com and tsn draft ranking and assume they have to be the best option. Personally I have no clue about any these young guys but the people complaining about the goalie is unreal.hogberg gustavson and daccord they are crying daccord just got screwed

792019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/rw-shane-pinto-lincoln-stars-ushl-2019-32nd-ott.2555547/

They clearly saw similar things as this guy when they drafted Pinto. I dunno, I defer to the pros

802019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hard to imagine not taking Kaliyev in that spot, but again, I defer.

812019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:39 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

5 years for a goalie to develop. Hogberg, Anderson, Nilsson will all be gone. Daccord, hogberg and this guy can battle it out

822019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not upset by any of the picks. A few reaches for sure but our scouting has been good these past few years so there is no reason to doubt what's happened. All three of our drafted players thus far will be in the world Juniors and will be playing for good development teams next year

832019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5 years for a goalie to develop. Hogberg, Anderson, Nilsson will all be gone. Daccord, hogberg and this guy can battle it out

Hogberg gone in 5 years? Too old?

842019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:55 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5 years for a goalie to develop. Hogberg, Anderson, Nilsson will all be gone. Daccord, hogberg and this guy can battle it out

Hogberg gone in 5 years?  Too old?

With Gustavsson, D'Accord, and Sogaard coming in behind him? Probably... Maybe not too old but that's three high-ceiling goalies that will be fighting for NHL spots at that point. Unless Hogberg is a bonafide #1 at that point, he likely won't be here.

852019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:02 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Hard to imagine not taking Kaliyev in that spot, but again, I defer.

They had all night and all morning to think about this trade. They must think very highly of Pinto. Will be playing with JBD and Tychonik at UND. Interviewed very well and doesn't seem like a dummy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_kiPUCjnA

862019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

With Gustavsson, D'Accord, and Sogaard coming in behind him? Probably... Maybe not too old but that's three high-ceiling goalies that will be fighting for NHL spots at that point. Unless Hogberg is a bonafide #1 at that point, he likely won't be here.

I don't mean to argue, but that could be said for any of the G prospects.

872019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I don't mean to argue, but that could be said for any of the G prospects.

Agreed an arguing is good! Dorion traded for Gustavsson and drafted the other two guys who are younger. Don't see them moving too quickly. Just a personal opinion.

882019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pretty happy with the Sens picks right now.

I have faith in their ability to assess d-men (probably wanted Seider at 19) and had all night/morning to think about Pinto over Brink and Kaliyev. Moved up to get Sogaard meaning he was high on their list and had a plan to get him.

Like that Pinto will play with JBD and Tychonik and UND.

Good job thus far Dorion.

892019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mark kastelic is an interesting prospect. An overager in the WHL with 47 goals. Late bloomer or just dominant over younger kids. It’s a gamble. The good news is he’ll be turning pro now and we get to see what he can do in Belleville.

902019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I won't say I'm disappointed, but I'm underwhelmed. No big trades, no swinging for the fences (like Kaliyev would have been). We got a goalie, big whoop - it either means we're have too many goalies, or they are admitting they've made mistakes with previous picks or signings, or they have no idea and just want to increase their odds of striking it rich. There is an organizational need for a high end center which want directly addressed. Why not pick Suzuki at 32?

912019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:40 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There weren’t any high end centres available where they picked, after Newhook was taken (not saying there weren’t food centre prospects available, just none that would be any better than the centre prospects we already have). You don’t pick for need in the draft anyway. I love the Sogaard pick because these goalies we have will not all be here in a few years. Adding to depth doesn’t mean you think your current guys aren’t going to pan out. We’ll see how it shapes up down the road.

I admit I was a bit disappointed we didn’t go for Kaliyev but lagoon was right about him dropping a ton and more often than not those guys end up complete busts

922019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:55 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev, I will get to our friendly contest soon.

Needless to say the draft didn’t go like I expected and was hoping the Sens would both make bigger moves as well as stay on the board. They scout more than I do so I hope they got this draft right again.

932019 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lodin was completely off the radar. Not one scouting service had him ranked at all. Comes from a hockey family - his father played pro for many years. Apparently he got noticed when they were scouting Ebert, but looking at his SHL stats when he got promoted I don't see much production. He should make Belleville's lineup but beyond that, no promises. Then, again, he's a 4th rounder. Still, you'd think they would swing for the fences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum